Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Banned

Re: Should we teach others to rebel against standa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
From that conversation 1of thechosen

To which I replied,

This is the ridicuous tradition that brought in Preachers war against beards. So the hippies were sinners and wore beards? First off many hippies did not wear beards. Secondly we could ask did other men BESIDES hippies wear a beard in the 60's and 70's?

And yet here is the most HYPOCRITICAL thing about the whole mess. The shave only Preachers say they are keeping people from the world by preaching against beards. They say they have a rebellious spirit (I suppose this means demonic) if they want to wear a beard!

But what about the Preachers nice suits? In our society there are VERY WICKED MEN who are out there wearing suits! Think about it.

Corrupt politicians.
Wall Street kings of greed.
CIA agents who overthrow governments and assasinate people.
Hollywood actors known for fornication and worldliness.

These all have something in common. They all wear suits!

And YET.....the shave only Preachers not only never target these suit wearing sinners but actually follow right along with the stylishness and worldliness! How can we take this line of reasoning about beards seriously from Preachers who wear the same suits as the most worldly of all society wears?

But O yes they are worried about the WORLD sneaking into the Church.

But oh yes dont forget to preach about those evil beards. Someone might be tempted to think the Bible is ok with them!

And in these so called Apostolic Churches it is actually considered evidence of being saved when one SHAVES!

Well judging by the same standard that the beards were worn by some hippies therefore beards are wicked can we not make it a sign of TRUE CONVERSION if a Preacher or Church members takes off their suits?

I mean we "Apostolics" would not want the air of worldliness among us right? And what is more worldly than Hollywood? Wall Street? CIA? Corrupt politicians?

So I guess they really are not very serious about THE WORLD COMING INTO THE CHURCH!

Nope. As long as they can get by with preaching that men who wear beards have a SPIRIT OF REBELLION....they have done their duty.

Vain traditions are what chases people away from the church.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:46 PM
Administrator

The landmark of one's neighbor, and/or the removing thereof, had nothing to do with New Testament pastoral standards of the 21st century Oneness Pentecostal movement, but was a way to determine physical property lines and ownership. So why would anyone use the verse in Deuteronomy 27:17 to preach standards or that it's not okay to teach saints to "rebel" against their pastor's standards?

Does context not matter at all?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 04-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Why are you posting the same threads in two different places? Make up you mind on where to put them before you make them, and live with your choice. Otherwise, you are dividing up the commentary and making it hard for the members to follow along.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Maybe you should try this beard style out! Lol!
Wait for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=9gRx4_NODa4
Old 04-07-2018, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
The landmark of one's neighbor, and/or the removing thereof, had nothing to do with New Testament pastoral standards of the 21st century Oneness Pentecostal movement, but was a way to determine physical property lines and ownership. So why would anyone use the verse in Deuteronomy 27:17 to preach standards or that it's not okay to teach saints to "rebel" against their pastor's standards?

Does context not matter at all?
Did you watch the video or just go with what you read here? Because this was a miniscule portion of what the video was about. Once again he used a principal from the word of God he wasn't saying this is what the passage meant.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 04-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Did you watch the video or just go with what you read here? Because this was a miniscule portion of what the video was about. Once again he used a principal from the word of God he wasn't saying this is what the passage meant.
I have not listened to the video. I responded to your post using Deuteronomy 32:17. If that verse was only a "miniscule" part of the sermon, why did you use it as the guiding thought for the entire thread?

Secondly, there is no using "a principal from the word of God" apart from what a passage means. That destroys context.

A neighbor's landmark is about a neighbor's landmark, which is about property rights, lines, divisions, and ownership. Since it has nothing to do with 21st century Oneness Pentecostal standards, it should not have been used in the slightest, not even in a miniscule amount, because the two topics have nothing to do with each other.

Finally, if the video is really about something else, or that the main sermon text is not Deuteronomy 32:17, as you have made it seem, why not simply say so and go with that, from the outset. Otherwise, you have misled us, and even if inadvertently, obfuscated the original intent of the person preaching in the video, just to make a statement here on the forum.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Wait a minute. Deuteronomy 32:17 is only a miniscule part of the sermon, but the sermon itself is titled "Thy Neighbor's Landmark"?

Old 04-07-2018, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Wait a minute. Deuteronomy 32:17 is only a miniscule part of the sermon, but the sermon itself is titled "Thy Neighbor's Landmark"?
I listened to most of it. Do what the man of God tells you. I never heard him mention beards specifically but a basic Preacher makes the standards message.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I have not listened to the video. I responded to your post using Deuteronomy 32:17. If that verse was only a "miniscule" part of the sermon, why did you use it as the guiding thought for the entire thread?

Secondly, there is no using "a principal from the word of God" apart from what a passage means. That destroys context.

A neighbor's landmark is about a neighbor's landmark, which is about property rights, lines, divisions, and ownership. Since it has nothing to do with 21st century Oneness Pentecostal standards, it should not have been used in the slightest, not even in a miniscule amount, because the two topics have nothing to do with each other.

Finally, if the video is really about something else, or that the main sermon text is not Deuteronomy 32:17, as you have made it seem, why not simply say so and go with that, from the outset. Otherwise, you have misled us, and even if inadvertently, obfuscated the original intent of the person preaching in the video, just to make a statement here on the forum.
If standards are a boundary a fence, then if you remove someone's fence what are you doing? That's their landmark is it not? Of course everyone knows what the passage meant, but he was only using a illustration of that principal. He talked about a lot more, but we have only dealt with a 15 second remark he made about facial hair. Was the whole sermon about that no. And it's Deuteronomy 27:17 btw. He just made some statements in there about standards and I thought it was fitting for this forum, so I titled it that way. That is the name of the sermon though, "Thy Neighbor's Landmark".

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 04-07-2018, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I listened to most of it. Do what the man of God tells you. I never heard him mention beards specifically but a basic Preacher makes the standards message.
So you never even heard him mention beards specifically and have been arguing ever since? Well, I guess it was a "if the shoe fits then wear it situation." If that's the first thought in your mind, you must have personal convictions you are not following. All this makes no sense, otherwise.

SUBSCRIBE!