Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:48 AM

Baloney!

If someone tells me that I need to be tolerant of false doctrine, THEY are spouting off devlish doctrine.

When someone piles on a fellow Christian, absolutely knowing that person is already wounded, suffering, and bleeding, THEY are devlish.

I cannot stand injustice, and neither could Christ!!!!!

Would you guys quit being so ignorantly politically correct?!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

That's the biggest problem in the church today. We are too big a pansies to call sin what it is. We ride the fence because we don't want to hurt someones precious little feelings.

What about when Jesus could turn to Simon and say "Get behind me, SATAN". Hello people!
Even he recognized the devils work in Simon's statement.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
It is my belief that folk give the devil far more credit for things than he deserves. Most of our problems stem from our own stinking flesh.
Malarkey!!

You are bringing secular humanism into the discussion. It's not always JUST our flesh. There IS a devil, and he and his minions work overtime to stir up our flesh against each other.

Don't deny his existence, and don't minimize his evil. He still tries very hard to use people to his advantage.

Are we really so blind?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Administrator

I just think that people blame the devil when they ought to be acknowledging their own sinful state. It's a cop-out, in my opinion.

It has nothing to do with political correctness--it has to do with being a man and accepting responsibility for your flesh.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 03-06-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Baloney!

If someone tells me that I need to be tolerant of false doctrine, THEY are spouting off devlish doctrine.

When someone piles on a fellow Christian, absolutely knowing that person is already wounded, suffering, and bleeding, THEY are devlish.

I cannot stand injustice, and neither could Christ!!!!!

Would you guys quit being so ignorantly politically correct?!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

That's the biggest problem in the church today. We are too big a pansies to call sin what it is. We ride the fence because we don't want to hurt someones precious little feelings.

The devil tempts our flesh to speak evil things to each other. That's why Jesus could turn to Simon and say "Get behind me, SATAN". Hello people!
I feel passion ... got something on your mind this morning ... PP?????
Old 03-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Malarkey!!

You are bringing secular humanism into the discussion. It's not always JUST our flesh. There IS a devil, and he and his minions work overtime to stir up our flesh against each other.

Don't deny his existence, and don't minimize his evil. He still tries very hard to use people to his advantage.

Are we really so blind?
Satan can't force us to sin; ultimately we choose sin. Of course there is a devil! There's also a hell! But I hate the cop-out that so many people have chosen that says "I'm not responsible for the sin I committed because it was the devil's fault!"

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 AM

I think that both flesh ... and the principalities of this world play a factor ... but I'm not going to act like the devil is omnipresent or omniscient ...
Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Now, who did I say was of the devil????????????????????
Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Annie

Quote:
Malarkey!!

Are we really so blind?
Sir...you need to calm down- you are going into stroke range. I never said there was NO DEVIL. I never said it was ALWAYS just our flesh...I absolutely believe in satan, I see him at work, trying to cause grief and division on this forum 24/7.

God bless.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I just think that people blame the devil when they ought to be acknowledging their own sinful state. It's a cop-out, in my opinion.

It has nothing to do with political correctness--it has to do with being a man and accepting responsibility for your flesh.
Humanism at its finest!

You want to minimize our enemy's influence, thereby stating all evil originates in the heart of a man. Do you deny the existence of the enemy of our soul? Do you deny that he and his ambassodors are at work continually. Do you deny that we are (apart from the Holy Ghost) influenced to say evil things?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Maybe the Fact that Peter & Paul spending so much time in jail.. they were offending someone......
Closed Thread