Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: Holy Ghost

I fear much of Pentecost is living on the human mind's imitation of a previous work of the Spirit. The brain can learn to mimic "tongues" after the Spirit is gone. I also fear that we are making reprobates out of people that haven't even been born yet when we are attempting to pray people through to the Holy Ghost that haven't fully repented...and further by telling someone that they have received the Holy Ghost when we see their lips tremble, tongue wag or hear a couple unintelligible syllables.

I hope, jfrog, that at some point you will turn to God in genuine repentance and experience the genuine power of the Holy Ghost.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
I fear much of Pentecost is living on the human mind's imitation of a previous work of the Spirit. The brain can learn to mimic "tongues" after the Spirit is gone. I also fear that we are making reprobates out of people that haven't even been born yet when we are attempting to pray people through to the Holy Ghost that haven't fully repented...and further by telling someone that they have received the Holy Ghost when we see their lips tremble, tongue wag or hear a couple unintelligible syllables.

I hope, jfrog, that at some point you will turn to God in genuine repentance and experience the genuine power of the Holy Ghost.
Thank you. If you had known me all those years ago there would be no doubt in your mind that I had.

Also thank you for understanding my point and stating it much better than I could.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
I think the more important question is why do you still sin?
Huh?
Old 01-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingDominion View Post
Huh?
And now we all know that it's true because if it hadn't been true you would have already denied it. So I think it's best you self reflect before you accusing me of being a liar or a faker or outright deceived. Understand?
Old 01-03-2019, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
That isn't how it works. A1 is correct. If you believe you can just start speaking in tongues, not having prayed or being in connection with the spirit of God; and if you believe that your tongues now is the same as when you believed you received the HG ...

You didn't receive the HG.

Tongues is not as we determine or as we give utterance. It's as the Spirit gives utterance. If you're not connected to the spirit, it won't give utterance.
If I am right that I did receive the Holy Spirit then you not only call me a liar but also the Holy Spirit as well. Do you dare risk calling him a liar? That would be blasphemy wouldn't it?
Old 01-03-2019, 05:02 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
What I can do now is the same thing that I did then. If it’s jibber jabber now then it was jibber jabber then... Which is ultimately my point. There’s not any distinguishable difference between jibber jabber and tongues.
I'd be careful being so nonchalant about tongues. God Almighty knows the difference between jibber jabber and what He gives as as a distinct sound and evidence of receiving the HolyGhost! And I also believe that a person will truly know the real gift when they receive it!
Old 01-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MawMaw View Post
I'd be careful being so nonchalant about tongues. God Almighty knows the difference between jibber jabber and what He gives as as a distinct sound and evidence of receiving the HolyGhost! And I also believe that a person will truly know the real gift when they receive it!
Good then you will take me at my word and all my witnesses all those years ago at their word that I had received the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues.

So then if you believe me about that, then why don't you believe me that I can speak in tongues now and they will be the same as the ones I spoke in then?
Old 01-04-2019, 04:22 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I understand that’s the only way you can reconcile what I said with your beliefs so I won’t consider it personal.

That said, who made you the judge?
You said it's basically jibber jabber. Ergo, not real. You judged yourself.

On an open public forum, even.

Can't remember the last time you prayed? Why not? Why don't you pray? Is it because all this time you suspected religion was a con, a game, a front, a giant LARP? And finally decided to quit playing the game?

Ask yourself this: "Do I actually believe Jesus really, literally, came out of that tomb? Resurrected immortal? And if I do believe it, WHY EXACTLY DO I BELIEVE IT? And if I don't believe it, did I ever really, in fact, believe it? Or was I just playing a long game of let's pretend?"

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-04-2019, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If I am right that I did receive the Holy Spirit then you not only call me a liar but also the Holy Spirit as well. Do you dare risk calling him a liar? That would be blasphemy wouldn't it?
Why do you question us about saying we dont believe you ever received the Holy Ghost, when you are still questioning your own experience and your not even sure if you received the Holy Ghost? It makes no sense for you to doubt and turn around and smite us because we doubt with you.

You say your tongues now is the same as then. well we know now is fake and of the flesh. no prayer no church no God. maybe you should change your thoughts on whether its the same now as then.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Why do you question us about saying we dont believe you ever received the Holy Ghost, when you are still questioning your own experience and your not even sure if you received the Holy Ghost? It makes no sense for you to doubt and turn around and smite us because we doubt with you.

You say your tongues now is the same as then. well we know now is fake and of the flesh. no prayer no church no God. maybe you should change your thoughts on whether its the same now as then.
Maybe you should listen instead of just pushing your agenda.

I spoke in tongues and received the Holy Ghost. I no longer attend church and rarely pray. I can speak in tongues now and there is no discernible difference in the tongues I can speak now and the tongues I spoke then. The same feeling, the same emotional release etc.