Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Registered Member

Missing What Jesus Said About Crying "Lord, Lord"

I recently read this statement on an apologetic webpage by Roman Catholics.
Hence it is obvious that the Catholic Church did NOT fall into error during the Middle Ages as some people allege, for if she had, she could not have produced those hundreds of medieval saints – saints the caliber of St. Francis, St. Bernard, St. Bonaventure, St. Clare, St. Anthony, St. John of the Cross, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Elizabeth and St. Vincent Ferrer (who performed an estimated 40,000 miracles).
https://www.olrl.org/apologetics/cathansr.shtml#ans2

They are basing their validity upon having performed miracles. This is ignorance of the fact that Jesus said you can perform wonders in His name and still not enter the Kingdom.
Matthew 7:21-24 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? (23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
It is obedience to Christ's WORD that brings us into the Kingdom, and that is doing the will of the Father.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 02-27-2016, 06:23 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Missing What Jesus Said About Crying "Lord, Lo

Yes, and we are not to follow the signs and wonders either. Good words.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Yes, and we are not to follow the signs and wonders either. Good words.
Amen. Signs follows us, not the other way around.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 02-27-2016, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Amen. Signs follows us, not the other way around.
WHY would signs follow us, and the workers of iniquity?
Old 02-27-2016, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
WHY would signs follow us, and the workers of iniquity?
Workers of iniquity follow signs.

But the reason workers of iniquity can have signs is because I believe God is testing mankind even with the distribution of his gifts. He tests us to see if we will exalt ourselves with them, or stay humble and continue carrying our crosses and denying self so we cannot work iniquity. The cross crucifies us to the world and the world to us. It crucifies the lusts of the flesh so we won't be workers of iniquity.

Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

He knows HIS SHEEP and they FOLLOW HIM by carrying crosses.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

While JOHN 10 that mentions ENTERING and KNOWING SHEEP, Matthew 7 mentions ENTERING and KNOWING HIS OWN.

---
John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
---

---

Matthew 7:23-24 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
---

It's a test. If He gives people a gift and they are full of self and flesh and do not obey Jesus as a result, He knows they cannot enter the Kingdom. Only those who take their crosses and use the gifts at the same time will enter in! It's a TEST, in part.

Last edited by mfblume; 02-27-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Workers of iniquity follow signs.
But the reason workers of iniquity can have signs is because I believe God is testing mankind even with the distribution of his gifts. He tests us to see if we will exalt ourselves with them, or stay humble and continue carrying our crosses and denying self so we cannot work iniquity. The cross crucifies us to the world and the world to us. It crucifies the lusts of the flesh so we won't be workers of iniquity.
Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
He knows HIS SHEEP and they FOLLOW HIM by carrying crosses.
John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
While JOHN 10 that mentions ENTERING and KNOWING SHEEP, Matthew 7 mentions ENTERING and KNOWING HIS OWN.
---
John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 7:23-24 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
It's a test. If He gives people a gift and they are full of self and flesh and do not obey Jesus as a result, He knows they cannot enter the Kingdom. Only those who take their crosses and use the gifts at the same time will enter in! It's a TEST, in part.
What is a worker of iniquity?
Old 02-28-2016, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

What is a worker of iniquity?
Someone who works iniquity. They don't carry their cross. which includes disobedient believers. in fact that's the context. Jesus was not talking about sinners. he spoke of those deceived by false prophets and know Jesus is Lord. You can't even call Jesus Lord but by the Spirit.

they're those who hear his words but don't do them. it's not just trinitarians. oneness people can be them as well. I sat that because some think it's non oneness people.

Last edited by mfblume; 02-28-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Someone who works iniquity. They don't carry their cross. which includes disobedient believers. in fact that's the context. (1) Jesus was not talking about sinners. (2) he spoke of those deceived by false prophets and know Jesus is Lord. (3) You can't even call Jesus Lord but by the Spirit.
they're those who hear his words but don't do them. it's not just trinitarians. (4) oneness people can be them as well. I sat that because (5) some think it's non oneness people.
Hm-mm

(1) So there's a difference between sinning, and committing iniquity?
(2) They know Jesus is Lord...they know ABOUT the gospel?
(3) They have received the Holy Spirit...as non-apostolics?
(4) is their iniquity worse than "non-oneness"?
(5) Is there a difference between "non-oneness" and "apostolics"?

"You call me 'Lord, Lord;, but do not..."
Old 02-28-2016, 05:28 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

A lot of people forget there are people "in the kingdom now" who will be "gathered OUT of the kingdom" in the final harvest.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-28-2016, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Hm-mm

(1) So there's a difference between sinning, and committing iniquity?
No.

Quote:
(2) They know Jesus is Lord...they know ABOUT the gospel?
Yep.

Quote:
(3) They have received the Holy Spirit...as non-apostolics?
Could have the Holy Spirit, too! I know many people with the Spirit who do not carry their crosses.

Quote:
(4) is their iniquity worse than "non-oneness"?
Could be any iniquity.

Quote:
(5) Is there a difference between "non-oneness" and "apostolics"?
Why? That has no bearing.

Quote:
"You call me 'Lord, Lord;, but do not..."
And...?