Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

What is your morning like with the lord?

GUESS THIS THREAD IS TO SHARE YOUR IDEAS OR WHAT YOU DO PERSONALLY WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING WITH THE LORD. LETS MAKE THIS FUN AND PERSONAL! ALSO IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS THAT MAY BE ABLE TO HELP OTHERS PLEASE...SHOOT AWAY
Old 04-25-2017, 01:32 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: What is your morning like with the lord?

I wake up before dawn when its nice and quiet, grab some coffee and curl up in a chair with my bible and read a few chapters, then I put on some music and worship, petition, and intercede. Afterwards, I grab my journal and wait on the Lord, jotting down anything I think he may be speaking to me.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Beautiful! what time like around 4am? Its so peaceful around that time. How do you usually read? just straight through? or is there a certain way you like to study? Do you intercede quite a bit?
Old 04-25-2017, 01:48 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro_P2u View Post
Beautiful! what time like around 4am? Its so peaceful around that time.
I wake at 5am. what about you? tell me about your mornings with the Lord.

Last edited by Amanah; 04-25-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I wake up before dawn when its nice and quiet, grab some coffee and curl up in a chair with my bible and read a few chapters, then I put on some music and worship, petition, and intercede. Afterwards, I grab my journal and wait on the Lord, jotting down anything I think he may be speaking to me.
Oh to dream!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:23 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Oh to dream!
are your mornings hectic?
Old 04-25-2017, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
are your mornings hectic?
My wife and I have two-year old twins and a seven year old - all girls.

Most mornings aren't too bad, though I'm usually rushing to get myself and our seven year old ready for work and school. Sundays are the worst, honestly. Absolute chaos.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

I've been trying to establish a routine that seems to please the Lord. I set my alarm for 5:30 and plan on reading my bible by 6-6:45 or so. Then I head to the church to pray at least my hour minimum, but the Lord sometimes needs me longer there. This is 6 days a week and sometimes 7 depending on my burden. Jesus sometimes wakes me during the wee hours anywhere from 2-5 to intercede for some battles going on. I was often waking or staying up til midnight and praying until recently because of a dis appointing business loss, but I'm recovering now with a new burden for Israel and income. We have a small struggling church here, but an awesome Pastor who loves the deep things of the Lord and Worship. Jesus Bless everyone today Shalom Godspeed!

Last edited by brostewart; 09-24-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

I also wanted to say why I go to the church to pray. My first Pastor is an awesome bible teacher and named our church "Truth Tabernacle". An elder woman who prayed him into the pulpit here was a retired missionary to Israel named Sister Lucille Farmer. She convinced him if he really wanted to create a revival church here she was going to the church every day to pray and he should gather the saints to help out. They did and I was saved when the church hit around 100 and had begun to find a hole in the fence backsliders got out. Pastor told me the first 7 yrs or so that never happened, because God was growing the congregation faster than they fell. He mentored me sometimes when invited to preach away from home and I was blessed to learn some things most never see. I asked him one time why there were so many tiny church's and how to help them. He said there's several reasons, but the most obvious one is pastors who refuse to spend time in the church house. Small church's always need cash so pastors work too much and pray at home because of time and energy needs. God understands, but when He calls a man there that man must be available to make God's house a house of prayer. Saints will always struggle to get the habit until the distractions of home and family and the world are eliminated. So, I determined to pray in the church every day. I'm not perfect, nor will I ever be, but Jesus called me to the altar just like He has everyone since Gethsemene.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Hi Bro Stewart,

I like your commitment! I retired last January and have been trying to find a routine that works for me. I have been hit with many distractions so far this year.

When I was working I was praying and reading the word 2-4 hours a day. I thought when I got retired I would be able to do more. We are taught "Draw near to God and he will draw near to you".

I am just about in the place I think I can get focused like I want. Hoping to set aside from 8am till 1 pm for prayer, the word, and ministry. I do much better in prayer if I walk and pray.

At 65 I have a hard time staying awake and focused unless I do. I do try to spend at least a few minutes on my knees in prayer. Much more than that flares my arthritis.

Just wanted you to know your testimony encouraged me!