Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

Rick Warren on Same Sex Marriage

While I am NOT a fan of Rick Warren, he got it right in his address to the Catholic church.

http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...e.in/43247.htm

Some good points:
He therefore stressed the importance of following Jesus' teaching on marriage, rather than bowing to "fads, feelings, opinions or political correctness".

"We build our lives on the unchanging truth of God's Word," Warren said. "You see, truth, is still truth, no matter how many people doubt it. I may deny the law of gravity, but it doesn't change gravity. And just because we break God's laws, does not invalidate them."

"A lie doesn't become a truth and wrong doesn't become right and evil doesn't become good just because it's popular. Truth is truth," he added.

Warren encouraged those gathered to celebrate healthy marriages; "We have to be a proponent of what's right, not just an opponent of what's wrong," he said. "Celebrating and highlighting and honouring marriage, I believe, is the best defence, when you show people what's real."

"The only way to always be relevant, is to be eternal," Warren said. "No revolution will last, including the sexual revolution...every lie eventually crumbles under its own deception. Cultures rise and fall, they come and go, but the word of God and the Church of God continues. What I'm saying is it isn't necessary to be on the side of culture – it's not even necessary to be on the right side of history, it's just important to be on the right side.

"History shows the majority is often wrong, remember Hitler? The dustbins of history are stuffed with conventional wisdom of cultures that proved false, and truth is not decided by a popularity contest."
Old 11-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Re: Rick Warren on Same Sex Marriage

Thanks for the info. I'm also not a fan of Rick Warren, but am glad he appears to be on the right side of this issue.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Banned

Re: Rick Warren on Same Sex Marriage

I like this quote:
"Celebrating and highlighting and honouring marriage, I believe, is the best defence, when you show people what's real."