Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 04-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

Re: Thoughts?: Islam vs. Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Looks like a drone flew over. What was that - a wedding ?
No, it was the Muslims doing their thing. Killing.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlookin View Post
No, it was the Muslims doing their thing. Killing.

"From the start of operations in October through the battle of Shah-i-Kot in March 2002, the US dropped around 20,000 bombs on Afghanistan. By the end of March 2002 a total of 21,000 bombs and missiles had been dropped, the bulk of them precision-guided, since the American campaign in Afghanistan began in October 2001. As of mid-September 2002 it was reported that about 12,000 of the 24,000 bombs dropped in Afghanistan were guided munitions. Of that, about 9,000 were equipped with JDAM kits."

That's just a few months. Muslims are a long, long way from perfecting either the art of killing or the art of daily violence. Better find yourself a mirror.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlookin View Post
Without the west, those moderate (relatively speaking) Muslim countries would still be hearding camels. But there are still plenty of Muslim countries which practice the violence of Islam for all the world to see.

"A series of car bombs near Shia Muslim mosques targeting worshippers attending weekly prayers have killed at least 18 people.

The blasts on Friday, which also wounded more than 100 people, struck within an hour of each other in the Baghdad neighbourhoods of Binook, Qahira, Zafraniyah and Jihad, as well as in an area of the northern city of Kirkuk.

No group immediately claimed the attacks, but Sunni Muslim fighters linked to the Iraqi branch of al-Qaeda frequently target Shia Muslims whom they regard as apostates and supporters of Nouri al-Maliki's government.

Four car bombs went off near Shia mosques across the Iraqi capital, leaving at least 14 people dead and 35 wounded, security and medical officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

And in Kirkuk, which lies 240km north of Baghdad, four people died and 71 were wounded by another car bomb targeting a Shia mosque, Sadiq Omar Rasul, the provincial health chief, said."

You should count them all. Total violent death count in Iraq for all of 2013 was 8868. 7818 were civilians. Violent death rate was 27.2 per 100000.

Closest city to that is Birmingham, Al. Their violent death rate was 31 per 100000. Birmingham isn't anywhere near the worst place to live.

Muslim countries that are in active civil war don't even come close to the cesspools of violence that American cities have become.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
You should count them all. Total violent death count in Iraq for all of 2013 was 8868. 7818 were civilians. Violent death rate was 27.2 per 100000.

Closest city to that is Birmingham, Al. Their violent death rate was 31 per 100000. Birmingham isn't anywhere near the worst place to live.

Muslim countries that are in active civil war don't even come close to the cesspools of violence that American cities have become.
You're right, Im just glad we don't have those Islamic not jobs here in the US (yet), can you imagine what the death toll would be like then with their precision guided car bombs

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
You're right, Im just glad we don't have those Islamic not jobs here in the US (yet), can you imagine what the death toll would be like then with their precision guided car bombs
Statistically speaking I can imagine the death toll would be a lot lower than it currently is in a society guided by conservative religious right wing adherents to their precious views that every walking breathing nut job has a god given right to all the guns, ammo, and high capacity mags he or she can accumulate and all the mind-numbing drugs that he or she can take to tear down any possible tweak of conscience or sense of self-preservation that would make them pause and consider the consequences of their actions.

But that's just me. You could always stun me with a demonstration that your and your colleague's views on Muslim society actually have a statistical basis somewhere by pulling out some real numbers instead of applying individual news stories to the entire culture. The numbers are showing that even full out civil war doesn't match up to the level of random violence that a typical American city does.

What the numbers do show is that yes Muslim countries have nutjobs roaming their streets too. Their nutjobs roam in fewer numbers relative to our nutjobs resulting in an overall safer and less violent society.

Your turn. Either get some numbers or post some more stories but either way posting news stories and not numbers just further demonstrates my point. Go.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 04-05-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Statistically speaking I can imagine the death toll would be a lot lower than it currently is in a society guided by conservative religious right wing adherents to their precious views that every walking breathing nut job has a god given right to all the guns, ammo, and high capacity mags he or she can accumulate and all the mind-numbing drugs that he or she can take to tear down any possible tweak of conscience or sense of self-preservation that would make them pause and consider the consequences of their actions.

But that's just me. You could always stun me with a demonstration that your and your colleague's views on Muslim society actually have a statistical basis somewhere by pulling out some real numbers instead of applying individual news stories to the entire culture. The numbers are showing that even full out civil war doesn't match up to the level of random violence that a typical American city does.

What the numbers do show is that yes Muslim countries have nutjobs roaming their streets too. Their nutjobs roam in fewer numbers relative to our nutjobs resulting in an overall safer and less violent society.

Your turn. Either get some numbers or post some more stories but either way posting news stories and not numbers just further demonstrates my point. Go.
I dont remeber any right that americans have to take any and every drug they want being held up by right wing conservatives that is either a liberal point of view or a liberterian veiw neither of which is a conservative model.

However i do have to agree that the muslims who do bombing of buses in Israel, stoneings of women and girls who were raped commit honor killings of those who convert to another religion call for the utter destruction of the nation of Israel and the of the Jewish capital of Jerusalem. I agree they show great restraint of conscience.

When a man kills his wife in america for being raped or when a person kills their family members in america for switching religions we call them murders and prosecute them as law breakers not hold them up as faithful good upstanding citizens.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Banned

that is a good point, but i think that may reflect the state of Christianity less than their state, that being "of the oppressed." Difficult (or impossible) to see from our pov, this is...but i think it is fair to say that one of the tenets at the heart of every Muslim is 'no loans with usury attached.' The foundation of our whole economy is usury; Rothschild ("Federal Reserve") dollars printed from thin air, and loaned to our government at interest.

The connection, since that is prolly non-sequitur to most, is that any Muslim, moderate or radical, must look upon our present economic system as the great satan, whereas we have just dismissed that verse in Scripture that agrees with this principle. And whereas most, if not virtually all, moderate Muslims might overlook this sin, if it were amidst a mostly benevolent world rule, i think it speaks volumes that moderate Muslims would be driven to cheer for any violence done to anyone--they are, after all, just people, and despite the rhetoric that we are ruthlessly subject to about them, are also offended by violence for the most part.

Another word might be said about Muslims, versus Islam, i think; the first are the people--different than us, but really just the same as us. The second is the established religion, which by definition must have djinn (satan) attacking it from every angle, just like ours; and so any comments made about the religion inevitably end up being read by the people, and so even when true end up being moot, and prolly offensive--any statements to the effect of "Muslims are (all) _____________" end up being as misdirected as those to us Christians.

Who here is very comfortable with many or mosrt of the tenets of the RCC? And yet Sister Alvear is an example to all. Please consider that the religion is immune to our attacks (nevermind that "What you resist persists"), and that we are called to discover where we agree (shades of Muslims living happily next to Jews, in Jaffa and throughout the mid-east, until '48, hmm), and overlook where we differ.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:

i must reiterate that i have been homeless on both the West Bank (on purpose, that one) and San Francisco (the 'happiest' city that came to mind; but i've been homeless in most of them) at dusk, and i am unmistakably white; only on the West Bank was i taken in...well, by people without an agenda for me, iow.

So tell me again, gentlemen, of your extreme examples of 'Muslim' violence pulled from questionable news sources. Now don't get me wrong, i think importing Islam here is as suicidal as marrying into another culture--but rest assured that, since division and strife sells more __________ (fences, knives, guns, whatever), and since our government is obv run by corporations now, you may as well either get used to Sharia Law now, or get ready to use that weapon for the reason Washington et al saw fit to provide for you in the Connie (which btw is not for legal foreign invasion). Oh, or you could just vote 3rd party maybe, since R&D will certainly ignore you
Old 04-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I dont remeber any right that americans have to take any and every drug they want being held up by right wing conservatives that is either a liberal point of view or a liberterian veiw neither of which is a conservative model.

However i do have to agree that the muslims who do bombing of buses in Israel, stoneings of women and girls who were raped commit honor killings of those who convert to another religion call for the utter destruction of the nation of Israel and the of the Jewish capital of Jerusalem. I agree they show great restraint of conscience.

When a man kills his wife in america for being raped or when a person kills their family members in america for switching religions we call them murders and prosecute them as law breakers not hold them up as faithful good upstanding citizens.
Israel? Really? We are talking about the United States. Since you want to talk about Israel you could explain why Rachel Corrie's parents never got their justice for their daughter who was deliberately run over by a bulldozer who was bulldozing other people's homes on other people's property to make room for Israeli settlers. What happened to that driver? Nothing. He murdered an unarmed 23 year old girl who believed what I believe. It is wrong to arbitrarily take other people's property, thrown them off of it, and bulldoze their home without compensating them for it.

I also do not believe that these beliefs belong in civilized society.

"The Jews are called human beings, but the non-Jews are not humans. They are beasts."
- Talmud: Baba mezia, 114b

"The Akum (non-Jew) is like a dog. Yes, the scripture teaches to honor the the dog more than the non-Jew."
- Ereget Raschi Erod. 22 30

"Even though God created the non-Jew they are still animals in human form. It is not becoming for a Jew to be served by an animal. Therfore he will be served by animals in human form."
- Midrasch Talpioth, p. 255, Warsaw 1855

"A pregnant non-Jew is no better than a pregnant animal."
- Coschen hamischpat 405

"The souls of non-Jews come from impure sprits and are called pigs."
- Jalkut Rubeni gadol 12b

"Although the non-Jew has the same body structure as the Jew, they compare with the Jew like a monkey to a human."
- Schene luchoth haberith, p. 250 b

"If you eat with a Gentile, it is the same as eating with a dog."
- Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b

"If a Jew has a non-Jewish servant or maid who dies, one should not express sympathy to the Jew. You should tell the Jew: "God will replace 'your loss', just as if one of his oxen or asses had died"."
- Jore dea 377, 1

"Sexual intercourse between Gentiles is like intercourse between animals."
- Talmud Sanhedrin 74b

"It is permitted to take the body and the life of a Gentile."
- Sepher ikkarim III c 25

"It is the law to kill anyone who denies the Torah. The Christians belong to the denying ones of the Torah."
- Coschen hamischpat 425 Hagah 425. 5

"A heretic Gentile you may kill outright with your own hands."
- Talmud, Abodah Zara, 4b

"Every Jew, who spills the blood of the godless (non-Jews), is doing the same as making a sacrifice to God."
- Talmud: Bammidber raba c 21 & Jalkut 772

No wonder they believe it is OK to throw people out of their homes and off their property and just take it, and on top of that run over anyone who is in their way huh? They are not my neighbors and are free to do as they wish over there but I am a bit intolerant if folks like that want to have these attitudes over here.

Didn't say you believed everyone has a right to take whatever drugs they want. Said you believe that those who do should have the right to accumulate as much firepower as they want. Probably you need to read it again.

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 04-05-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

Voting in Afghanistan today. LET FREEDOM RING!!