Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-16-2018, 04:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Are you ready?

They still had houses: Acts 5:42, Acts 8:3, possibly Acts 12:12. Further, the prophecy concerned not only the destruction of Jerusalem, but also of Judea (those in Judea were to flee), yet apparently there were Christians in Judea who owned houses. So then the selling of lands and houses is likely the selling of superfluous or investment type properties. The church in Jerusalem was not a homeless caravan.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-16-2018, 04:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Moreover, the Law forbad the permanent sale of one's inherited land, to prevent permanent homelessness and being shiftless. Houses inside a city were generally not included in the prohibition. So nobody was becoming homeless.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-16-2018, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
They still had houses: Acts 5:42, Acts 8:3, possibly Acts 12:12. Further, the prophecy concerned not only the destruction of Jerusalem, but also of Judea (those in Judea were to flee), yet apparently there were Christians in Judea who owned houses. So then the selling of lands and houses is likely the selling of superfluous or investment type properties. The church in Jerusalem was not a homeless caravan.
Agreed. My point was that the Apostles were quite aware of having all things common and were the ones directing it.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:22 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
The reason that God moved on those in Jerusalem to sell all and give to a common good was that IT WAS GOING AWAY ANYWAY!!!
Do you have Scripture for that? Because I've never read anywhere that God told them to do it, just that they took it upon themselves to do so. The only reason God killed Ananias and Sapphira, was because they agreed to do the same and then lied about it.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Do you have Scripture for that? Because I've never read anywhere that God told them to do it, just that they took it upon themselves to do so.
So do you know they were laying the proceeds down at the APOSTLES FEET?

If that be true apparently the APOSTLES WERE DIRECTING IT.

Its true no one was forced to do it, nonetheless the apostles must have had a reason for what they were doing.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

The activity of the believers at Jerusalem at the beginning of the church was local and temporary. No writer of NT literature encouraged it or even mentioned it.

Luke mentions it, but it ended there.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
The activity of the believers at Jerusalem at the beginning of the church was local and temporary. No writer of NT literature encouraged it or even mentioned it.

Luke mentions it, but it ended there.
So even tho the apostles were leading what happened at Jerusalem and the proceeds were laid at their feet you dont think they did any teaching on what they were doing?
Old 12-18-2018, 07:13 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So do you know they were laying the proceeds down at the APOSTLES FEET?

If that be true apparently the APOSTLES WERE DIRECTING IT.

Its true no one was forced to do it, nonetheless the apostles must have had a reason for what they were doing.
But where is the Scriptural evidence that God told them to do it? I already know the Apostles were involved.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I agree. There is no way you could ever truly be prepared, without the help of the Lord. Makes me think of Joseph, and the famine Egypt faced. Without the help of the Lord showing them how to prepare, they would have all died. But the Lord granted mercy and knowledge to them as to how to prepare.

I believe He can still do the same today.
The most serious part of preparation at least when something is GODS JUDGMENT is being perfect before God. Gods judgment on nations or localities is different to the saints than persecution.

When God is SENDING JUDGMENT we can by faith be spared IMO.

Note Ezekiel 9
Quote:
1He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand. 2And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.
3And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side; 4And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and [*]set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. 7And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city. 8And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
Here God sends his angel to wreck judgment on sinners. The only ones that were SEALED FOR PROTECTION were those mourning and weeping over the sins around them.

Since the judgment started at his house he made no difference between those who went to Church and those who did not when it came to their manner of life. Going to Church which is crucial was not enough to save them from judgment.

They had to have a heart that was broken over the sins around them.

THEY and they alone were sealed or protected during the time of Gods judgment.

So we are NOT READY for the time of his judgment as long as there is sin in our lives, nor if it has not vexed our souls to see the people trample the truth under their feet.