Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:57 AM
God's Son

Another point proving standards are subjective. IF MY was operating by principle instead of tradition, the wife wouldn't be wearing outrageous clothing. Seems MY forgot BIBLICAL PRINCIPLE about not drawing attention to oneself with extravegant clothing. That is just as much sin as a woman wearing pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lad View Post
You obviously haven't been to The Rock in Sac..... they've never preached against the the above mentioned items..... M-Y's wife is one of the most eccentric dressers around!!! (pretty crazy too -- at times!!)

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 11-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
Another point proving standards are subjective. IF MY was operating by principle instead of tradition, the wife wouldn't be wearing outrageous clothing. Seems MY forgot BIBLICAL PRINCIPLE about not drawing attention to oneself with extravegant clothing. That is just as much sin as a woman wearing pants.
Perhaps "sin" is not the correct word...

Some people are just a bit flashy or have more flare than another...I wouldn't call it "sin" unless that is where the heart is.

And in my opinion, it really is all about the heart.

As someone who has known Sis. Sheila Young since she was 6 years old, I can say that she has a heart after the things of the Lord and a true love of ministry...she's much like her mother in this.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
Apparently, this is more than just a speculation...but on good authority that it has happened.
Interesting...has it been verifed that Bishop has as well?!

When he was my pastor in the 70s and was 26 years old, he was always talking about leaving the org...what is happening today is not anything new.

What troubles me NOW is the timing and reason...
Old 11-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Interesting...has it been verifed that Bishop has as well?!

When he was my pastor in the 70s and was 26 years old, he was always talking about leaving the org...what is happening today is not anything new.

What troubles me NOW is the timing and reason...

Take it or leave it, there has been a group that has been discussing leaving for 10 years & waiting for just the very thing you mentioned and that is "Timing" .

A lot of what we are seeing in this whole thing is rooted in family ties, family rifts, and the natures of Men with certain personalities traits.

let's face it brethren, some of us are indeed competitive by nature. It's the crabs in a bucket mentality. If you've been around leadership all of your life, it's easy to spot the human side of things even the downside of it.

Let's not live in a state of denial
Old 11-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
Take it or leave it, there has been a group that has been discussing leaving for 10 years & waiting for just the very thing you mentioned and that is "Timing" .

A lot of what we are seeing in this whole thing is rooted in family ties, family rifts, and the natures of Men with certain personalities traits.

let's face it brethren, some of us are indeed competitive by nature. It's the crabs in a bucket mentality. If you've been around leadership all of your life, it's easy to spot the human side of things even the downside of it.

Let's not live in a state of denial
Interesting, Thad...

Perhaps Bishop has changed in the years since he was my pastor, but I've never thought of him as being competitive...driven perhaps. He has a burning desire for souls and living the separated life, coupled with that are strong convictions.

And as I posted, he has talked of leaving as long as I've known him, and that is a lot longer than 10 years.

I just cannot imagine television being the battle "worth dying for..." His words, not mine.

It just makes no sense...
Old 11-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Interesting, Thad...

Perhaps Bishop has changed in the years since he was my pastor, but I've never thought of him as being competitive...driven perhaps. He has a burning desire for souls and living the separated life, coupled with that are strong convictions.

And as I posted, he has talked of leaving as long as I've known him, and that is a lot longer than 10 years.

I just cannot imagine television being the battle "worth dying for..." His words, not mine.

It just makes no sense...
when i used the word "competitive", i am speaking in general terms of the nature of men period, especially in leadership cirlces. No specific names.

it's undeniable. I think that Men can spot that type of personality trait in other men just as women can pick on the vibes of other women and when when women share their INTUITION lol , Men are often going " uuuh?? how'd you pick up on that"?

When you live Thousands of miles away, folks from afar may see things from a totally different perspective then those who lived in a certain region and history, families, etc.

Barb, I didn't know he had been talking of leaving longer than 10 years. I wouldn't deny it especially when one remembers the Harvestime era and post era. what i was saying that there have been collective talks for perhaps a decade
Old 11-03-2007, 07:36 AM

Myles will be the next Promotions Director of the new UC org. I'm sure he'll love it.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Miles will be the next Promotions Director of the new UC org. I'm sure he'll love it.

Why would he love that position? what makes you say that ?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Why would he love that position? what makes you say that ?
A hunch ... or maybe it's just gas from a late dinner last nite.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
when i used the word "competitive", i am speaking in general terms of the nature of men period, especially in leadership cirlces. No specific names.

it's undeniable. I think that Men can spot that type of personality trait in other men just as women can pick on the vibes of other women and when when women share their INTUITION lol , Men are often going " uuuh?? how'd you pick up on that"?

When you live Thousands of miles away, folks from afar may see things from a totally different perspective then those who lived in a certain region and history, families, etc.

Barb, I didn't know he had been talking of leaving longer than 10 years. I wouldn't deny it especially when one remembers the Harvestime era and post era. what i was saying that there have been collective talks for perhaps a decade
I know you weren't specific, but I was just relating your post to Bishop.

Is it official, Thad?! I can't imagine SIL has turned in his credentials and FIL hasn't...JMHO...