Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Re: Scandal Hitting Chris Christie

Wow, this sounds like one of those conspiracy theorists things. The government causing unnecessary lane closures. Crazy. Maybe all those theories are right after all.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Go Dodgers!

I'd want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but conservatives all railed on El Presidente for claiming to be clueless as to what was going on...

On the other hand this is not in a series of events where Christie claims to have no knowledge of what was happening

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

What I am getting from Christie's take on this, "Yeah, I knew about this (though I'll never admit it) and I didn't think it would be THAT big of a deal (and I still don't)."

His response seems shockingly arrogant to me, but this isn't big enough to derail his Presidential ambitions.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 01-09-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
I got nauseous listening to Mark Levin talk about this.

He emphasized the fact that the woman who had a heart attack and the ambulance couldn't get to her in time was 91 years old!

He also made it a point to emphasize that it is the same Democrats he was trying to cozy up to that are grilling him! Really, I don't think that is true nor do I think it is a fair criticism in this case.

He was trying to make the "attacks" and scandal look PURELY political.

Well, the scandal is very political and the decision by he and his office cost thousands of dollars and it at least one life!

I really liked Christie and I want to see what he has to say before I start to kick this man while he is down.

However, this looks like he and his office are indeed directly responsible for creating this situation unnecessarily.
I get nauseous listening to him say anything. It has to do with the sound of his voice though

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:59 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I'd want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but conservatives all railed on El Presidente for claiming to be clueless as to what was going on...

On the other hand this is not in a series of events where Christie claims to have no knowledge of what was happening
I already see the GOP Establishment pushing him into our laps, along with Fox News, which is annoying, but listening to the Press Conference, I didn't feel he was shady.

El Presidente never goes as far as Christie with this type of response:

"This morning I've terminated the employment of Bridget Kelly, effective immediately. I've terminated her employment because she lied to me."

It's up to Bridget to come out and call him a liar if this isn't true and Christie knew about it.

I was satisfied with his response, but I did contact him after the recent Governor's race in Virgina to inform him that I wouldn't be supporting him for a 2016 run for dissing Cuccinelli. They had no excuse for not pumping more money and support into that campaign.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I already see the GOP Establishment pushing him into our laps, along with Fox News, which is annoying, but listening to the Press Conference, I didn't feel he was shady.

El Presidente never goes as far as Christie with this type of response:

"This morning I've terminated the employment of Bridget Kelly, effective immediately. I've terminated her employment because she lied to me."

It's up to Bridget to come out and call him a liar if this isn't true and Christie knew about it.

I was satisfied with his response, but I did contact him after the recent Governor's race in Virgina to inform him that I wouldn't be supporting him for a 2016 run for dissing Cuccinelli. They had no excuse for not pumping more money and support into that campaign.
The sad sad truth is, our world has become so conspiratorial minded that they don't believe anyone anymore.

Christie very well could be honest and really did not know, but you can never convince a lot of people who see conspiracies everywhere

Old 01-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
The sad sad truth is, our world has become so conspiratorial minded that they don't believe anyone anymore.

Christie very well could be honest and really did not know, but you can never convince a lot of people who see conspiracies everywhere
True. Everyone seems to feel they are in a Jason Bourne movie.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Go Dodgers!

Hah...huh?

Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Hah...huh?
LOL! Do you feel it is your CIVIC duty to carry these words to other threads?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
LOL! Do you feel it is your CIVIC duty to carry these words to other threads?
:-)