Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF

Old 06-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

If I had received that phone call, the issue of hair (cut or uncut) would no longer be an issue for me...... Because I would have no hair left after I hung up the phone

It sounds like you handled yourself with quite a bit of class and I agree with Renda - that family has some major issues.

Is this a first grandchild on his side also?

Some people.............
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 06-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Geesh! this makes me wonder if your kids have been forced to put up with this kind of nonsense their whole married life so far and have just kept it to themselves. The poor kids!! I can't even imagine a family this rude and nasty!! If I was the one having the baby, I'm not sure I'd want them around to influence my child as he grows up.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Maybe you should print that quote out and mail it to her.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post

If I had received that phone call, the issue of hair (cut or uncut) would no longer be an issue for me...... Because I would have no hair left after I hung up the phone

It sounds like you handled yourself with quite a bit of class and I agree with Renda - that family has some major issues.

Is this a first grandchild on his side also?

Some people.............
No, my SIL has an older brother and they had a girl a little over a year ago. That would the first grandbaby.

I'm just a little surprised about how they are acting. I didn't know my daughter's MIL was such a meddler. I think her husband is going to have to put his foot down on this one.

I told them what the grandmother had said when she called. They aren't going to call her back. Who can blame them.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
Geesh! this makes me wonder if your kids have been forced to put up with this kind of nonsense their whole married life so far and have just kept it to themselves. The poor kids!! I can't even imagine a family this rude and nasty!! If I was the one having the baby, I'm not sure I'd want them around to influence my child as he grows up.
Apparently, they have been putting up with quite a bit. I told my daughter last night, "Now I'm wondering how far she is going to go when the baby is born." My daughter said, "Mother, you know no one is going to tell us what to do with our child." True! LOL!

But, my SIL is still talking about moving away. I think he needs to tell his family how he feels and not let it continue.

And thinking more about it, it was none of her business to say anything to me about how much money I wanted to spend at the baby shower. My husband said, "She waited 11 days after the shower to call you and complain? What a bunch of morons."
Old 06-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
Maybe you should print that quote out and mail it to her.
Which quote?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Which quote?
*Use the same style for your head and guest tables.
You’ll want to keep the theme constant throughout the entire room. So make sure your guest tables match the head table. All you have to do is use the same item, but make the head table centerpiece a little larger.

*You want the centerpieces to be the "center" of attention, but don’t let them get in the way of conversation.
When your guests are seated at the tables, make sure they can easily see everyone without the centerpiece blocking their view. This also applies for your head table. So if that centerpiece is rather large, consider putting it on a separate table next to the head table.

http://www.best-baby-shower-planning...terpieces.html
Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Apparently, they have been putting up with quite a bit. I told my daughter last night, "Now I'm wondering how far she is going to go when the baby is born." My daughter said, "Mother, you know no one is going to tell us what to do with our child." True! LOL!

But, my SIL is still talking about moving away. I think he needs to tell his family how he feels and not let it continue.

And thinking more about it, it was none of her business to say anything to me about how much money I wanted to spend at the baby shower. My husband said, "She waited 11 days after the shower to call you and complain? What a bunch of morons."
They'd probably be better off in the long-term if the son would just put his foot down, instead of moving away. Moving away won't really solve the problem. He just needs to draw a line in the sand and tell them not to cross it.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
*Use the same style for your head and guest tables.
You’ll want to keep the theme constant throughout the entire room. So make sure your guest tables match the head table. All you have to do is use the same item, but make the head table centerpiece a little larger.

*You want the centerpieces to be the "center" of attention, but don’t let them get in the way of conversation.
When your guests are seated at the tables, make sure they can easily see everyone without the centerpiece blocking their view. This also applies for your head table. So if that centerpiece is rather large, consider putting it on a separate table next to the head table.

http://www.best-baby-shower-planning...terpieces.html
Oh, well, I would have if she had brought that up to me at the outset, now it's too late since passion is out of control. LOL!

You know, I thought that by buying, the MIL, that silver picture frame that said, "What are little boys made of what are little boys made of what are little boys made of frogs and snails and puppy dogs tails and that are little boys made", presenting it to her, at the baby shower, and thanking her for her help, recognizing her as the "other" grandmother, she would have appreciated that. But, I guess they have a bee in their bonnet.

I guess I'm kind of upset because now the two families are converging and I didn't have to deal with them these past 8 years. And, if you know me, I just do the big "ignore button" in real life toward people that annoy me. I'll be nice, but I don't go out of my way. LOL!

And, it's also a very touchy subject, because my SIL loves his mother! So, we will have to be very careful what we say and how we act toward them. The other thing is, my daughter is just like me, if you don't like how I live, what I believe, how I dress, you are on ignore, especially if you comment about it and try to change me. LOL!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:46 AM

It sounds like there have been people bragging on how nice the shower was, and they're feeling annoyed that you're the one getting all the credit for it. So they feel the need to take you down a notch. That's the way it seems to me.