Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-04-2021, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
How trustworthy is Stoneking? I seem to remember some here who were not fans. I dont recall ever hearing him. I dont want to share this and have it thrown back in my face, altho I sure hope its true. We have several of Johnathan Cahns DVD's here.
Stoneking is a good man. His preachings are intended to exhort. I have not verified his stories to judge his accuracy and make a judgement call of how trustworthy he is at reporting them. IMO, in the worst case scenario, he exaggerates something or his memory fails, but I don't think they are invented.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Reminds me of TFT promoting Jentezen for years with no results.

And Bro Mangun appearing on CBN with was it Samuel Rodriguez?

I guess the UPCI is looking their way.

Where are we heading?
Quote:
I was mistaken, it was bro Mangun and Jentezen on TBN. Nothing happened. Just wondering how fruitfull the association with celebrity mega church preachers is.

https://youtu.be/XFtctvvGAqM
They asked Anthony to speak on prayer and his book on the Tabernacle Prayer. Let's not make this anything other than what it was. Anthony is NOT looking their way. The UPCI is NOT looking their way.

Men like TF Tenney and Anthony Mangun hopefully will continue to be witnesses of the Oneness and New Birth to those who aren't in the truth and who watch TBN or Daystar or any other network.

Also, no one has a clue whether or not anything happened. To state matter of factly that "nothing happened" without actual knowledge of it being true is simply absurd and wrong. While I don't have a testimony of anyone, there may well have been one or more who came to an Apostolic church because of TF Tenney or Anthony Mangun.

Years ago, TF Tenney and Douglas Klinedinst preached at Free Chapel for its Pentecost Sunday service. Neither minced words or pulled punches. They preached Acts 2:38 and Klinedinst gave an altar call that included the full New Birth plan of salvation.

This reminds me of Ezekiel 2, "Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day. For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD. And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them."

Whether or not Jentezen Franklin or any of the other ministers have listened or refused to listen is not TF Tenney or Anthony Mangun's worry. They were tasked to preach/teach the truth and they did without any compromise.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If you get to share truth with them its a good thing. I hate to say it but in DECADES of being in and around Oneness I dont know of ONE.....big name Trinitarian Teacher or Preacher that has accepted the Oneness doctrine!

Obviously there have been believers in Trinity that HAVE accepted the truth but I am talking big name.

I know or know of Trinitarian Pastors that baptize in Jesus name that stayed with Trinity but distanced themselves from Oneness. That alone is a big thing. Anyone think of a FAMOUS Trinitarian Teacher or Evangelist that came to Oneness?
Sadly, I believe you're correct. I don't know of any major Trinitarian or Partial-birther who has changed to Oneness or full New Birth.

But, that shouldn't stop us from continuing to use any opportunity to share the truth with those who may or may not act on it.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Sadly, I believe you're correct. I don't know of any major Trinitarian or Partial-birther who has changed to Oneness or full New Birth.

But, that shouldn't stop us from continuing to use any opportunity to share the truth with those who may or may not act on it.
I live in the city Bethel Church is in. I do not attend there, of course, but because of my former vocation, I was interacting with them all the time, and have cultivated many convivial relationships.

Yep, they're WAYY out there. But a longtime friend that decided to attend there met at Barnes & Noble a while back to tell me that one of his teachers at BSSM was talking up Jesus' Name Baptism--and that he was coming to the conclusion that it was a serious issue.

I for one found that to be amazing. Who knows what comes of moments like that? I see Bill Johnson in town from time to time, and if I get a chance to bend his ear, I will.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
I live in the city Bethel Church is in. I do not attend there, of course, but because of my former vocation, I was interacting with them all the time, and have cultivated many convivial relationships.

Yep, they're WAYY out there. But a longtime friend that decided to attend there met at Barnes & Noble a while back to tell me that one of his teachers at BSSM was talking up Jesus' Name Baptism--and that he was coming to the conclusion that it was a serious issue.

I for one found that to be amazing. Who knows what comes of moments like that? I see Bill Johnson in town from time to time, and if I get a chance to bend his ear, I will.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I was mistaken, it was bro Mangun and Jentezen on TBN. Nothing happened. Just wondering how fruitfull the association with celebrity mega church preachers is.
I would be against FELLOWSHIP with them. But I would be against FELLOWSHIP with Preterists also.

There is a difference in "association" and "fellowship". Association can mean as little as you see someone somewhere and pass a few words with them up to having a connection with them in some other area.

Fellowship is the knitting together of the heart. We do have a mission to try to win their trust so as to bring more light. Several Apostolics along the way showed me respect as I was on this journey. I still think highly of them.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 02-04-2021 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:27 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I would be against FELLOWSHIP with them. But I would be against FELLOWSHIP with Preterists also.

There is a difference in "association" and "fellowship". Association can mean as little as you see someone somewhere and pass a few words with them up to having a connection with them in some other area.

Fellowship is the knitting together of the heart. We do have a mission to try to win their trust so as to bring more light. Several Apostolics along the way showed me respect as I was on this journey. I still think highly of them.
So we can associate with idols, just not fellowship with them?

Sounds like hair splitting.

I think the false profits need to go broke. And I think believers need to quit being so open minded their common sense falls out. If a person teaches false doctrine and heresy, they get rebuked twice or thrice, and then the believer should move on and treat them the same way heathens and tax collectors are to be treated. That is, they are simply outsiders like anybody else.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-05-2021, 06:25 AM
Covenant Apostolic

My issue is Bro Stoneking giving Jonathan Cahn a ringing endorsement as a prophet of God (in the linked video) so that Apostolics are following him, even though Cahn is not preaching the gospel. Similar to how Apostolics follow Jentezen. Isn't this an open door for leading people astray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Skip to minute 49

Last edited by Amanah; 02-05-2021 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
My issue is Bro Stoneking giving Jonathan Cahn a ringing endorsement as a prophet of God (in the linked video) so that Apostolics are following him, even though Cahn is not preaching the gospel. Similar to how Apostolics follow Jentezen. Isn't this an open door for leading people astray?
Very good point Amanah. The way I see is that we live in a world full of "almost there". Even in this group, if you consider yourself perfect and in the absolute truth on everything, you were in the past "almost there" at some point. Probably during your "almost there" period, you preached, taught, witnessed, and might have even written books, and maybe even God used them to edify or even convert some. This is not black and white as some try to put it. I read books, and text books from Trinitarians. Many here quote commentaries from non-apostolic people that lived centuries ago. We use their work all the time.

However, everytime I see a person close to me reading or watching the work of other people that are not apostolic, or are "almost there" but in a different faith, I tell them a word of caution. It all depends. If the author or preach is very messed up, I just advise against listening or reading anything from that person at all. It is a judgement call on every case.

That being said, reading, and just listening to an exposition is different than being preached.
And also, I believe churches should be, generally speaking, self-sufficient. When saints go outside the local assembly to be fed, it makes me think that something could be (I didn't say "is") lacking in their local assembly.

Last edited by coksiw; 02-05-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Very good point Amanah. The way I see is that we live in a world full of "almost there". Even in this group, if you consider yourself perfect and in the absolute truth on everything, you were in the past "almost there" at some point. Probably during your "almost there" period, you preached, taught, witnessed, and might have even written books, and maybe even God used them to edify or even convert some. This is not black and white as some try to put it. I read books, and text books from Trinitarians. Many here quote commentaries from non-apostolic people that lived centuries ago. We use their work all the time.

However, everytime I see a person close to me reading or watching the work of other people that are not apostolic, or are "almost there" but in a different faith, I tell them a word of caution. It all depends. If the author or preach is very messed up, I just advise against listening or reading anything from that person at all. It is a judgement call on every case.

That being said, reading, and just listening to an exposition is different than being preached.
And also, I believe churches should be, generally speaking, self-sufficient. When saints go outside the local assembly to be fed, it makes me think that something could be (I didn't say "is") lacking in their local assembly.
That is not the same as a supposed elder in God's church publicly declaring someone outside the church is nevertheless a "prophet of God".

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf