Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-01-2017, 01:38 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Prophetic word by Bro Arcovio "no election"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Educate yourselves on PTSD.

Not everyone suffers from it.

It takes less trauma for some to get it than others.

It has more to do with brain chemistry, not emotion.

It is an actual biochemical change in the brain. It's actually a physical injury.

God heals some and not others.

Those who aren't healed can often feel the only way out is suicide.

To mock this is dangerous.

To compare people only demonstrates a lack of understanding what PTSD is.

Many soldiers in WWII and prior had it too. It was known as shell shock and battle fatigue.
I grew up around combat vets, Vietnam, Korea, and WW2. I don't mock ANYTHING they went through. Nor do I mock the results of trauma, in anyone.

What I don't respect is making excuses. Something I learned from them.

I

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-01-2017, 05:02 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I'm not saying I can't enjoy a loud traditional service. But I don't know when I can or can't. While I can enjoy such services, sometimes something will trigger it and I have to excuse myself and find quiet.

I have never had an issue while attending house church or a Quaker gathering for silent worship.
What wars did you fight in?
Old 03-01-2017, 05:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
For the last freaking time. I'm not defending this jerk of a false prophet. I was only admonishing caution and introspection with regards to any prophecy. Sometimes a prophecy is fulfilled in a manner even the prophet didn't expect.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:19 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Educate yourselves on PTSD.

Not everyone suffers from it.

It takes less trauma for some to get it than others.

It has more to do with brain chemistry, not emotion.

It is an actual biochemical change in the brain. It's actually a physical injury.

God heals some and not others.

Those who aren't healed can often feel the only way out is suicide.

To mock this is dangerous.

To compare people only demonstrates a lack of understanding what PTSD is.

Many soldiers in WWII and prior had it too. It was known as shell shock and battle fatigue.
You know something, there are people on this forum that when the sister in our church was shot I told them and only them. Why? Because I didn't feel to post it here because of the baloney I would read from carnal Quaker lovers who want to create safe spaces at church. Instead of creating atmospheres of praise and worship in Jesus name. I posted a testimony of this sister getting shot, her miraculous recovery. You just want to be right, and therefore you rebuttal with your sorry secular self justifications.

I don't have the foggiest idea what you thought you were doing when you were in an Apostolic church, with Apostolics. I also at this point don't care to know because I can see it all right here. Quaker silent worship? Bro, if this is the fruit which comes from gleaning from Oatmeal carb crash Quakers, then buddy, you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Chemical change in the brain?

Good luck with that.

I know of a MIRACLE man

He wasn't crucified, buried, and resurrected just so you can have lay me down to sleep prayers. Or post a bunch of garbage from the mayo clinic.

You need a rip roaring Apostolic Jesus name tongue talking Holy Ghosting flamethrowing service more than the breath of life.

Seriously!
Old 03-01-2017, 05:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
For the last freaking time.
Oh, so as you lose your debate you start to curse? Silent worship?

Good luck with that.

Quote:
I'm not defending this jerk of a false prophet.
Well, you did a good job faking it.

Quote:
I was only admonishing caution and introspection with regards to any prophecy.
But when you were asked to season the above thought with Bible you didn't. You would rather pass off your own thoughts and feelings as scripturally backed. Just making statements which sound good to you and your circle without Bible, may work over a bowl of hot oatmeal. But when you take your show on the road and want to convince the rest of the population, I suggest bring a Bible.

Quote:
Sometimes a prophecy is fulfilled in a manner even the prophet didn't expect.
Oh yes, the Old Testament prophets were on the top of one mountain viewing the top of another mountain but missing everything in the valley. Whatever.

Bro, not everything which is passed off as spiritual in churches are factual. I gave examples of individuals having so called prophets telling them things which wasn't God. You just don't get it, so I will leave you at that. Bro, you have more excuses than Carter has little liver pills, therefore you are making a plea from emotions.

Jesus can take care of everything. Once you decide not to limit Him you can get to see Him work in you.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:25 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

I retract my apology. You are a terrible person.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
You know something, there are people on this forum that when the sister in our church was shot I told them and only them. Why? Because I didn't feel to post it here because of the baloney I would read from carnal Quaker lovers who want to create safe spaces at church. Instead of creating atmospheres of praise and worship in Jesus name. I posted a testimony of this sister getting shot, her miraculous recovery. You just want to be right, and therefore you rebuttal with your sorry secular self justifications.

I don't have the foggiest idea what you thought you were doing when you were in an Apostolic church, with Apostolics. I also at this point don't care to know because I can see it all right here. Quaker silent worship? Bro, if this is the fruit which comes from gleaning from Oatmeal carb crash Quakers, then buddy, you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Chemical change in the brain?

Good luck with that.

I know of a MIRACLE man

He wasn't crucified, buried, and resurrected just so you can have lay me down to sleep prayers. Or post a bunch of garbage from the mayo clinic.

You need a rip roaring Apostolic Jesus name tongue talking Holy Ghosting flamethrowing service more than the breath of life.

Seriously!
PTSD is not a laughing matter! Noise no matter the source is a trigger. God does not heal everyone. Does the ""type" of service you mentioned heal everyone all the time? How many conflicts have you been where you had to hold a trigger down on your rifle hoping to kill all the enemy or die yourself?? I have read many of your post on here and there has not been a subject yet that you have not been the authority on. You are not that intelligent. Check your self,your attitude and your knowledge. You watch a loved one ( 6' 3'' 245 lb martial artist) cry like a baby from a burst of noise or dive under the kitchen table when a helicopter flies over then come talk to me. Until then gain some knowledge learn some tact and show due respect!!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I grew up around combat vets, Vietnam, Korea, and WW2. I don't mock ANYTHING they went through. Nor do I mock the results of trauma, in anyone.

What I don't respect is making excuses. Something I learned from them.

I
I wasn't talking about YOU Esaias. I was referring to, Benincasa. In reference to my appreciation of silent worship (which I gleaned from some Quaker friends) he said:

Quote:
That my friend is called bed time.
He's calling a very intimate spiritual practice that brings peace "bed time". That was insulting. I also mentioned that it was important to me because of my PTSD, and Benincasa wrote:

Quote:
I have a woman in the church who was shot in the chest in a strong arm robbery. In our neck of the woods people who have survived shootings develop PTSD. Now with that being said this sister stood up in a service and told the congregation that she is fine. She testified of the power of Jesus Christ. So, my question to you is when are you going to be delivered?
First, anyone who knows anything about PTSD knows that you can't say, "Well, Sally Sue didn't get PTSD, why do you struggle with it so badly?" You can't compare people and "measure them up" against another.

Second, if one understands PTSD they know that you can't just ask, "When are you going to be delivered?" Many vets, abuse survivors, and trauma survivors have prayed for years to be healed of PTSD and/or TBI and have yet to receive healing. Some have had a healing, and that is wonderful, we should praise God! But for the survivor who isn't healed and who has undergone years of counseling, learned various techniques to manage a PTSD episode, had PTSD contribute to the loss of a marriage or career, battled drugs and alcohol, and has even been in the pit of contemplating suicide, such a statement implies that it is all in their head and if they want to be delivered they can be lickity-split delivered! Such statements are heartless, ignorant, and demeaning. They are just as bad as false prophecies.

Last edited by Aquila; 03-01-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
What I don't respect is making excuses.
If vets knew how to manage PTSD on their own, we wouldn't be having an average of 22 vets killing themselves every day. I'm not saying that a vet or trauma survivor can't manage it on their own. I'm only saying that it is more than some can handle alone. While no one should make excuses or feed a victim mentality, it is important to accept that the damage is real. It isn't emotional. It isn't all in someone's head. It is biochemical. It is very much a physical injury.

Last edited by Aquila; 03-01-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstate1 View Post
PTSD is not a laughing matter! Noise no matter the source is a trigger. God does not heal everyone. Does the ""type" of service you mentioned heal everyone all the time? How many conflicts have you been where you had to hold a trigger down on your rifle hoping to kill all the enemy or die yourself?? I have read many of your post on here and there has not been a subject yet that you have not been the authority on. You are not that intelligent. Check your self,your attitude and your knowledge. You watch a loved one ( 6' 3'' 245 lb martial artist) cry like a baby from a burst of noise or dive under the kitchen table when a helicopter flies over then come talk to me. Until then gain some knowledge learn some tact and show due respect!!
PTSD is very misunderstood. Benincasa is only going to demonize you for disagreeing, claim you're too soft, mock your 245 lb martial artist friend, and claim it can be shouted out.

He's a mile wide.... but only an inch deep. And he will never offer an apology and admit that he's gone too far. I'm not wasting my time with him. If you think you can set him straight, good luck. I think I'll just put him on ignore for a little while.

I'm done with this topic. My point was intended to be a general point. Don't dismiss a prophecy just because it doesn't "appear" to be fulfilled. Take the time to examine it and contemplate it. Because it might have been fulfilled in a manner that you didn't expect. That's all.

Last edited by Aquila; 03-01-2017 at 07:22 AM.