Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-24-2018, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

Re: Yeshuaism, Yahwist, יהוה vs נקניקיה

I certainly do not claim to be a Hebrew or Greek scholar...... that said, the one thing I have always asked the modern day "Hebrew Roots" or Yeshua, or Institute of Metaphysical Research (another Yahweh group) etc. and have NEVER been given an answer. Is............. If the name is so important in the "original" language.....why haven't they studied and learned to read, speak, and write in that language? Since the Old Testament scriptures are "they which testify of Him" (Christ) then would it not be important to know the language, culture, and idioms of God's people? How can you search the scriptures to find eternal life IF you can't even read and rightly discern them?

The truth is, these doctrines arise out of pride and spiritual elitism where people try to find hidden deep mysteries of the Word and lose the simplicity that is in Christ! I am determined to know nothing among you save JESUS CHRIST and Him crucified!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:31 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Excellent post!
Old 09-25-2018, 01:01 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

If Yeshua is the Name that God wants people to call him, then why didn't He say so in His inspired, inerrant, preserved word? why did He preserve His word in Greek, translated into many languages, with the name of the Saviour being translated from IESOUS? And not Yeshua? Or Y'shua? Or Yehoshua? Or Yahshua? Or Yahvahshua? Or Iahoshua? Or...?

Can we baptise in the name of Josh Messiah?

How in the world are we to even know which Sacred Name is correct? I've got a Restoration Sacred Name Bible that has a dozen pages in the front explaining that YAHVAH and YAHVAHSHUA are correct, and that the others are errors. I can google up a dozen more versions of the Names, all being offered as the "correct" Name. Which is correct? how would I even know?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-25-2018, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

What about the demons cast out by trinitarian preachers?
And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:36 AM
Banned

There is a diversity of dialects that can yield up to 7000 languages in the world. I find it interesting that English is considered a global language. When looking at the top ten languages in the world we find a wide array of names and pronunciation for our Savior. My point is that people telling others that their language is pagan and is not recognized by our Creator is idiotic. If you were born and raised in a home that spoke Hebrew, then I would not fault you for using Yeshua or any other Hebraic iteration of his name.

1. Mandarin: 1030 million speakers.
2. English: 890 million speakers.
3. Arabic: 560 million speakers.
4. Spanish: 420 million speakers.
5. Hindi: 380 million speakers.
6. Bengali: 210 million people.
7. Portuguese: 200 million speakers.
8. Russian: 170 million speakers.
9. French: 160 million speakers.
10. Urdu: 160 million speakers.

http://www.worldblaze.in/top-10-most...-in-the-world/

But those who use Hebrew construct of Jesus acting more enlightened than their brethren have a prideful spirit of elitism. When we go through all the iterations of Christ’s Hebrew name there is one conclusion and that is confusion. I am convinced that the sacred name movement was never about pronunciation; nor textual integrity, of the name of Christ. The goal was to create doubt in the name of Jesus. As children of faith we know one of our biggest enemies is doubt. What better way than to attack the faithful than to degrade the name of the one that they put their faith in when praying. I received the Holyghost in Jesus name and was born into the family of God.

Galatians 3:26 (KJV) For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Our Heavenly Father created diversity with all life to enhance the beauty of his creation. Peoples having varying appearances, cultures and languages seems to have begun through the disbursement from Nimrod’s Babylon. Because the people used their common strengths to defy our Creator. Now our Savior is calling all nations; to be obedient to the Gospel, to enter the Kingdom of God.

Matthew 25:32(KJV) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

A person’s appearance, culture or language is irrelevant to the call of repentance to be born again. To think Jesus will only hear those who speak in one language is vain. To make people feel ashamed of their native language is cruel. The goal of the body is seeking and saving that which is lost in sin. And that invitation is open to whosever will.

Revelation 22:17 (KJV) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Selah
Old 09-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If you were born and raised in a home that spoke Hebrew, then I would not fault you for using Yeshua or any other Hebraic iteration of his name.
What if you are born and raised Hebrew but you would like to also use the name of Jesus? Would the name of Jesus be less effective spoken from the lips of a Jew?

Would it be considered "elitist" and pride for the Jew who would appreciate the name Jesus to use that name? Would it be wrong for him to pray in that name? To baptize in that name? To cast out demons in that name?

Should he be LIMITED to only using the Hebrew name he had been taught?

Should he be considered foolish or sinning if he uses the English name "Jesus"?

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 09-25-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:23 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
What if you are born and raised Hebrew but you would like to also use the name of Jesus? Would the name of Jesus be less effective spoken from the lips of a Jew?

Would it be considered "elitist" and pride for the Jew who would appreciate the name Jesus to use that name? Would it be wrong for him to pray in that name? To baptize in that name? To cast out demons in that name?

Should he be LIMITED to only using the Hebrew name he had been taught?

Should he be considered foolish or sinning if he uses the English name "Jesus"?
Mike, you weren’t born in a home where you spoke Chinese.
Would you use the Chinese name for Christ, and the English.
You are stuck, and can’t admit that YOUR use and the Hebrew roots use of a Hebrew name is ridiculous. Did your mother, father, siblings, neighbors, the butcher, the baker, or the candle stick maker in your home town speak Hebrew?

No, so the use of the name in Hebrew is Judaizing, plain and simple.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Covenant Apostolic

It's from one extreme to the other, either idolizing or demonizing Judaica
Old 09-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike, you weren’t born in a home where you spoke Chinese.
Would you use the Chinese name for Christ, and the English.
You are stuck, and can’t admit that YOUR use and the Hebrew roots use of a Hebrew name is ridiculous. Did your mother, father, siblings, neighbors, the butcher, the baker, or the candle stick maker in your home town speak Hebrew?

No, so the use of the name in Hebrew is Judaizing, plain and simple.
So you wont answer my question. I wonder why?

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 09-25-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Lets add this.

As an American raised to speak English suppose I wanted to use the Greek Iesou? I appreciate the Greek and along with calling the Savior by the English version of his name Jesus I call him Iesou?

Will I be trying to make myself "elite"?

Since I do this frequently am I now sinning because I ALSO call Jesus by his Greek name?