Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:55 PM
CC1's Avatar
CC1 CC1 is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,603
Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I posted this photo before but it is some ugly guy I know who is showing off my Bushmaster AR while also sporting my Ruger P95 on my, errrr, his waist.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...l/_MG_1695.jpg
Nice!
__________________
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F


"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:59 PM
CC1's Avatar
CC1 CC1 is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,603
Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Some guy got killed at a gun range today. Ex-Navy Seal or something.
He wasn't just "some guy". He was a former Navy SEAL sniper who has the most confirmed kills in American History (I think 155).

He survived being shot twice in Iraq and multiple IED explosions to make it home then be murdered by a Marine with PTSD he was trying to help.

This stupid Marine psycho killed him and his neighbor at that gun range in Texas.

The former Navy SEAL just published a book that is or has been #1 on the NYT Best Sellers list titled "American Sniper".

My son was very said to hear this news as he knew this guy in Iraq when they were both serving there. He leaves a wife and two children behind.

He left the Marines in 2009 because his marriage was falling apart and it was important to him to save it. Had started a consulting firm.
__________________
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F


"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:07 PM
RandyWayne RandyWayne is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 16,746
Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
He wasn't just "some guy". He was a former Navy SEAL sniper who has the most confirmed kills in American History (I think 155).

He survived being shot twice in Iraq and multiple IED explosions to make it home then be murdered by a Marine with PTSD he was trying to help.

This stupid Marine psycho killed him and his neighbor at that gun range in Texas.

The former Navy SEAL just published a book that is or has been #1 on the NYT Best Sellers list titled "American Sniper".

My son was very said to hear this news as he knew this guy in Iraq when they were both serving there. He leaves a wife and two children behind.

He left the Marines in 2009 because his marriage was falling apart and it was important to him to save it. Had started a consulting firm.
He was featured on an episode of Sons of Guns last season when he had Red Jacket build him a custom gun for his foundation.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 AM
MrsMcD's Avatar
MrsMcD MrsMcD is offline
Prayerful lives are powerful


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,711
Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

I have a 38 Smith and Wesson Airweight and I hate it. Worse pistol ever.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 AM
endtimer's Avatar
endtimer endtimer is offline
friendly to the sinners


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mid-west
Posts: 529
Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
I have a 38 Smith and Wesson Airweight and I hate it. Worse pistol ever.
Not familiar with this one. PLease post a pic or two
__________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin
-Commit2013-
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM
MrsMcD's Avatar
MrsMcD MrsMcD is offline
Prayerful lives are powerful


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,711
Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtimer View Post
Not familiar with this one. PLease post a pic or two
163050_01_lg.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 AM
RandyWayne RandyWayne is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 16,746
Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
I have a 38 Smith and Wesson Airweight and I hate it. Worse pistol ever.
I'm not familiar with it either. What don't you like about it?

I'm not a revolver guy myself.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM
MrsMcD's Avatar
MrsMcD MrsMcD is offline
Prayerful lives are powerful


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,711
Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I'm not familiar with it either. What don't you like about it?

I'm not a revolver guy myself.
If I had to shoot someone, they would have to be very close to me in order to hit them. I think maybe the short barrel is the reason. I have target practiced with it a lot and it's hard to hit the target unless it's close. I don't like that. My husband doesn't like it either and has a hard time hitting the target and he's a better shot than me.

I prefer revolvers because I am scared anything else may jam and I would be in trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 AM
endtimer's Avatar
endtimer endtimer is offline
friendly to the sinners


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mid-west
Posts: 529
Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
If I had to shoot someone, they would have to be very close to me in order to hit them. I think maybe the short barrel is the reason. I have target practiced with it a lot and it's hard to hit the target unless it's close. I don't like that. My husband doesn't like it either and has a hard time hitting the target and he's a better shot than me.

I prefer revolvers because I am scared anything else may jam and I would be in trouble.
Im not sure what close is to you but you should be able to hit a target at least 21 feet to effectively protect yourself. An assailant with in 21 feet of you would be considered dangerous even if you have a gun. Last week Gun talk radio was talking about inaccurate pistols/revolvers and that a gun smith can actually bend and tweek barrels to true them up. This was news to me. You may want to check into that or trade that gun in for a new one. A gun you cant accurately shoot is of little use to you.
__________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin
-Commit2013-
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 AM
MrsMcD's Avatar
MrsMcD MrsMcD is offline
Prayerful lives are powerful


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,711
Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtimer View Post
Im not sure what close is to you but you should be able to hit a target at least 21 feet to effectively protect yourself. An assailant with in 21 feet of you would be considered dangerous even if you have a gun. Last week Gun talk radio was talking about inaccurate pistols/revolvers and that a gun smith can actually bend and tweek barrels to true them up. This was news to me. You may want to check into that or trade that gun in for a new one. A gun you cant accurately shoot is of little use to you.
Thanks for that information. I know of a gunsmith that I will go by and see if he can help me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gun Control ILG Fellowship Hall 112 12-27-2012 02:08 PM
Where's The Gun Outrage Over This? deacon blues Political Talk 12 12-20-2012 02:38 PM
Gun Control-Here we go again. scotty The Newsroom 30 07-23-2012 06:15 AM
Yes, I carry a Gun! Jacob's Ladder Fellowship Hall 50 08-15-2011 03:15 PM
The Skin Gun Digging4Truth Fellowship Hall 4 03-29-2011 09:41 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah
- by n david

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.