Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Mormonism 101
Facebook

Notices

Mormonism 101 Discuss Mormon doctrine, history, and practice

Old 02-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: Books on Mormonism

Ed Decker was not, nor is he now, correct and truthful with regard to his experiences as a mormon, not in his explanations of Mormon doctrine. I would never recommend his work to anyone, he is not totally truthful. This coming from a member of this forum who was in the Mormon church for 30 years and I returned to my apostolic roots because Apostolic Doctrine IS TRUTH.

Dr. Paul Martin
Old 02-10-2019, 07:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPAULMARTIN View Post
Ed Decker was not, nor is he now, correct and truthful with regard to his experiences as a mormon, not in his explanations of Mormon doctrine. I would never recommend his work to anyone, he is not totally truthful. This coming from a member of this forum who was in the Mormon church for 30 years and I returned to my apostolic roots because Apostolic Doctrine IS TRUTH.

Dr. Paul Martin
Perhaps you could point out some of his incorrect assertions, and demonstrate how and why they are incorrect?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-20-2019, 02:07 AM
Registered Member

Ed Decker has never been totally truthful in his writings. I spent 30 years inside the Mormon Church, went to the temple, went thru the temple rituals. I have watched "The God Makers" and all the sequels. I have read his books. For a Former Mormon, he doesn't have all his facts right.

I am glad I returned to the Apostolic Faith I was raised with. Mormons do not worship the Jesus of the Bible. They worship a Jesus whose brother is supposed to be Satan himself though Mormons call him Lucifer. I will not argue or sling mud about Ed Decker.

I have just found upon research of his books and teachings he isn't 100% accurate. But then neither was his mentor, Dr. Walter Martin, author of the notorious "Kingdom Of The Cults".

Do not worship or follow the teachings of ANY MAN. "Cursed is the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, whose heart departed from the Lord." (Jer. 17:5).

Dr. Paul Martin
Old 02-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Accusing someone of being untruthful, without pointing out how, when, why, etc, is "slinging mud".

Why did you even say he was incorrect? Are we just supposed to take your word for it, with absolutely zero information other than "Dr Paul Martin said so"?

This is a common problem on this forum. People pontificate ex cathedra without so much as a papal bull explanaining how the cud gets chewed.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-16-2019, 05:23 AM
Registered Member

I spent 30 years inside the Mormon Church. I probably know more about it than YOU do sir. Unless you have taken the missionary discussions, been baptized into the mormon faith, went thru the temple ceremonies, and given 30 years of devotion to the faith, don't tell me I am "Slinging mud".

Every leader in the Mormon church from the top down despises Ed Decker. He has lied consistently about his experiences and knowledge from his years in the organization. Unless you sir have a mormon acumen such as I have, don't dare tell me I am "Sliding mud".

Just because YOU happen to be Apostolic don't make you no big deal either. I was an assistant pastor of an all-black apostolic church in Virginia for 7 years. Biblical Education is also not something I lack. I possess two earned doctoral degrees, and honorary doctorates in divinity and sacred music.

I am not some ignorant hillbilly, or a johnny come lately where the word of God, OR knowledge of the Mormon Faith is concerned. Unless you have been where I have been, YOU do not possess accurate knowledge to know or be able to speak about Mormon history, doctrine, or its leaders.

Ed Decker was excommunicated for apostasy. Ed Decker was a high priest in the church prior to be ousted for speaking out against the leadership of the church, and questioning the doctrines and teachings of the faith.

If you speak anything bad against the mormon faith, doctrine or leadership, in most cases, you get shown the door, quick.

My reply to you, I know, will be taken out of context, and considered by you to be, in your words, "Slinging mud." I personally do not care. I never should have joined this forum, even if I am apostolic, and was raised that way.

If i knew how to delete myself from this forum, I would, I have found that most people here are just like you, closed minded and judgmental.

Dr. Paul S. Martin.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I spent 30 years inside the Mormon Church. I probably know more about it than YOU do sir. Unless you have taken the missionary discussions, been baptized into the mormon faith, went thru the temple ceremonies, and given 30 years of devotion to the faith, don't tell me I am "Slinging mud".

Every leader in the Mormon church from the top down despises Ed Decker. He has lied consistently about his experiences and knowledge from his years in the organization. Unless you sir have a mormon acumen such as I have, don't dare tell me I am "Sliding mud".

Just because YOU happen to be Apostolic don't make you no big deal either. I was an assistant pastor of an all-black apostolic church in Virginia for 7 years. Biblical Education is also not something I lack. I possess two earned doctoral degrees, and honorary doctorates in divinity and sacred music.

I am not some ignorant hillbilly, or a johnny come lately where the word of God, OR knowledge of the Mormon Faith is concerned. Unless you have been where I have been, YOU do not possess accurate knowledge to know or be able to speak about Mormon history, doctrine, or its leaders.

Ed Decker was excommunicated for apostasy. Ed Decker was a high priest in the church prior to be ousted for speaking out against the leadership of the church, and questioning the doctrines and teachings of the faith.

If you speak anything bad against the mormon faith, doctrine or leadership, in most cases, you get shown the door, quick.

My reply to you, I know, will be taken out of context, and considered by you to be, in your words, "Slinging mud." I personally do not care. I never should have joined this forum, even if I am apostolic, and was raised that way.

If i knew how to delete myself from this forum, I would, I have found that most people here are just like you, closed minded and judgmental.

Dr. Paul S. Martin.
Good morning, Dr. Martin!

Esaias certainly doesn't need my help, but you commented on a thread -- which had been dead for four years -- that someone wasn't always truthful. When asked for an example, you spouted credentials. Perhaps simply giving an example or two could have saved you some keystrokes.

Also, congratulations on being a part of the Mormon Church for so long, but being an outsider doesn't preclude one from having knowledge. Perhaps I should have told my history professor that he didn't possess accurate enough knowledge to speak on the Han Dynasty because he hadn't been there himself.

I know I'm the new guy around here, but perhaps if we just reset, and you answer the question Esaias presented, the two of you could have a meaningful exchange.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I spent 30 years inside the Mormon Church. I probably know more about it than YOU do sir.
Nice Moroni tree in your avatar.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Accusing someone of being untruthful, without pointing out how, when, why, etc, is "slinging mud".

Why did you even say he was incorrect? Are we just supposed to take your word for it, with absolutely zero information other than "Dr Paul Martin said so"?

This is a common problem on this forum. People pontificate ex cathedra without so much as a papal bull explaining how the cud gets chewed.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

I have sent a message to the moderators of this forum to delete me from it. If I could figure out how to delete myself I would. This place is the most unfriendly forum I have ever joined. I regret being a part of it. There is nothing that is any worse than Christians who wanna fight and take up ground for their theological or ideological opinions and values. I plan to leave this forum because I have better things to do with my time than argue with narrow-minded or closed minded so-called "Apostolic" people.

Dr. Pau Martin.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I have sent a message to the moderators of this forum to delete me from it. If I could figure out how to delete myself I would. This place is the most unfriendly forum I have ever joined. I regret being a part of it. There is nothing that is any worse than Christians who wanna fight and take up ground for their theological or ideological opinions and values. I plan to leave this forum because I have better things to do with my time than argue with narrow-minded or closed minded so-called "Apostolic" people.

Dr. Pau Martin.
Surely you jest. You were simply asked to provide an example. Nobody even managed to make it to 'theological and ideological opinions and values' because you decided to blow up like a bullfrog right out of the gate. If anyone has been unfriendly and condescending, it has been you and your degrees.

Now if you are done with your temper tantrum, could you provide an example and some background? I haven't the foggiest clue as to what the Mormon Church believes or why this individual is right or wrong, but would happily attempt to learn.