Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

Re: Dr. Gerald Jeffers

Conservative Appies are a lot like Catholics.

1. Priest and/or Pastor infallibility.
2. Priest and/or Pastor is "accountable" for the people.
3. The church has the right to create doctrines as it sees fit (standards).
Old 12-05-2011, 01:18 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock View Post
Interpretation?

Renda, you're a pig and God's gonna get ya!
Well, I do like pearls.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Well, I do like pearls.
Next time I see you I will throw some at you.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock View Post
Next time I see you I will throw some at you.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicRob View Post
WOW I cant believe this that you guys can all sit here a bash a man on God that you most all have said you do not know nor heard the things being said you are accusing him of. (1Ch 16:22 [Saying], Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.) I know Dr Jeffers personally as a member of MorningStar Apostolic Church In'tl he is a great friend to our church and has never once preached or counselled anyone in a manner that was not of God in 20 years at our church. I think it is really showing what the saints of God have turned into when we sit here and bash someone over what they have HEARD. What ever happened to two or three witnesses? You don't think the devil will use someone to put a bug in your ear if it will make you reject Gods word because of the man he used.
So, after 3 years of forum dormancy, you suddenly appear with this?

I spoke from experience when stating how I felt earlier on...
Old 12-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Haven't read this thread but I can tell you that this man and "ministry" is very dangerous. I know firsthand. He's burned many bridges with entire districts of the UPC and has created a lot of trouble in churches and brought division among families under the guise of hyper-spirituality. Proverbs 6 says that God hates those that sow discord among brethren. Be circumspect, very circumspect.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I know that you disagree with him on those issues, but I have seen some interesting things that make me wonder if he is on to something. Besides, is it really that far out there considering that we speak in languages that we never learned, receive interpretations in our own language, have very pointed and accurate prophecies given by people who know nothing about us, receive information that we could not possibly know, etc. Suddenly it begins to look like we are all a bit out of the mainstream now does it not?
The Antichrust and false prophet will decieve the world with "signs and wonders". Pharaohs magicians duplicated some of the plagues that God performed in Egypt. The witch of Endor was able to conjure Samuel's spirit. The devil can perform supernatural wonders, he does have some power. He cannot, however, bear the fruit of the Spirit. Jesus said we would know people and be able to judge them by their fruit, not by the miraculous. Christians should be very cautious with these matters. I'm afraid we have been too cavalier about supernatural manifestations. I believe in them, they've happened to me, I've witnessed things happen to others but I've also seen a lot that seemed questionable. And I've also seen a lot of people that gravitate to these types of things and many of them don't bear the kind of fruit that one should, being they are so close to God and used by Him, supposedly.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
I wear a simple wedding band myself.I have on occasion worn cuff links and a tie tac.
I have been known to eat tic tacs.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicRob View Post
WOW I cant believe this that you guys can all sit here a bash a man on God that you most all have said you do not know nor heard the things being said you are accusing him of. (1Ch 16:22 [Saying], Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.) I know Dr Jeffers personally as a member of MorningStar Apostolic Church In'tl he is a great friend to our church and has never once preached or counselled anyone in a manner that was not of God in 20 years at our church. I think it is really showing what the saints of God have turned into when we sit here and bash someone over what they have HEARD. What ever happened to two or three witnesses? You don't think the devil will use someone to put a bug in your ear if it will make you reject Gods word because of the man he used.
2-3 witnesses? How about entire Districts? Hundreds of churches, hundreds of ministers, thousands of members?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Haven't read this thread but I can tell you that this man and "ministry" is very dangerous. I know firsthand. He's burned many bridges with entire districts of the UPC and has created a lot of trouble in churches and brought division among families under the guise of hyper-spirituality. Proverbs 6 says that God hates those that sow discord among brethren. Be circumspect, very circumspect.
I've never met the man personally, so I probably shouldn't say anything. However, I have read official letters from our leaders....and I trust them. We need to pray for him...