Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Ronzo

Quick! Someone stir Carpenter up into a tirade!

That'll really get this train a-movin'.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
P.S. Please don't refer to those that don't look or act like you as backsliders
Some folks LOVE to label others that have differing views, especially with words that have a negative connotation.

If the coonmeister is trying to make the argument that those from the PCI totally embraced the PAJC view, he is mistaken. Now those that still embrace, or have since embraced the PCI view of salvation are "backsliders"! hmmmmmmmmm

Personally, I hold the view that I have been enlightened!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:33 AM

Goss felt the Baptists would be saved ... what say ye ... my Mountain man friend ....
Old 02-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Goss felt the Baptists would be saved ... what say ye ... my Mountain man friend ....
He was wrong, unless those baptists got baptized in Jesus Name and filled with the Holy Ghost.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
Some folks LOVE to label others that have differing views, especially with words that have a negative connotation.

If the coonmeister is trying to make the argument that those from the PCI totally embraced the PAJC view, he is mistaken. Now those that still embrace, or have since embraced the PCI view of salvation are "backsliders"! hmmmmmmmmm

Personally, I hold the view that I have been enlightened!
There is a huge difference between the old PCI men and those laying claim to it today.

They preached the New Birth with fervor and great emphasis.

These retreads today do not, preferring to ooze around it and deal with subjects that don't confront anything controversial.

Those old PCI men were moving toward truth; most of these modern dudes are moving away from it, hence the difference in emphasis and focus.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
They preached their revelation with such passion and fervor that no one would have known by their preaching that they differed from the PAJC men, for the most part.

This was because they had made a move toward Truth and revelation.
Yet ... Goss believed the Baptists were saved ... and you admit this Apostolic great was wrong unless those baptists got baptized in Jesus Name and filled with the Holy Ghost.

Somethings not clicking for me ... sir ... were the oldtime PAJC and PCI guys carbon copies or not????
Old 02-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
I have to chuckle when I see these modern backsliders calling themselves adherents of the "PCI" doctrine.

They don't have any more in common with the old PCI men than modern liberal democrats do with the architects of the New Deal. They both claim a connection with a heritage they have absolutely nothing in common with, and simply want to trade on a name that is respected.

The men of the PCI were mostly men who had come out of denominations that were trinitarian, and had received a revelation of Truth.

They preached their revelation with such passion and fervor that no one would have known by their preaching that they differed from the PAJC men, for the most part.

This was because they had made a move toward Truth and revelation.

They loved this New Birth, Oneness Message.

This new breed are a totally different kettle of fish.

They are moving away from Truth.

They are embarassed to be associated with strong doctrinal men. They would rather identify with those proclaiming an easy-believism message than with the Apostolic church.

So when you try and get them to discuss the doctrine of salvation, they spout clouds of obfuscatory smoke about how it is Jesus who saves, and it is a journey, and blah blah blah.

Nothing solid.

And they call themselves adherents of the "PCI Doctrine."

Well, the men of the old PCI would probably be ashamed to claim them, because they came out from long and deeply rooted belief systems and sold out to preach this Jesus Name message. It cost them something to be able to say "I'm one of them," as the old song says.

Most of these slack-jawed compromisers could preach all day, and if you ran their message through a centrifuge, you couldn't distill half an ounce of good doctrine, nor figure out how to be saved.

PCI?

Yep.

Pathetic Compromising Ingrates.

Now, if that isn't clear enough, let me know and I will try and dial it down a little better for you.
Are you talking about folks that have changed their stand on Acts 2:38 or standards or are you including both???
Old 02-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Yet ... Goss believed the Baptists were saved ... and you admit this Apostolic great was wrong unless those baptists got baptized in Jesus Name and filled with the Holy Ghost.

Somethings not clicking for me ... sir ... were the oldtime PAJC and PCI guys carbon copies or not????
You are missing the point.

Whether through a lack of ability to perceive or just unwillingness I don't know.

The point is NOT that the old PCI and PAJC men were identical; they were not, though by their preaching and ministry it would have been difficult to tell them apart.

The point is that the old PCI men and the modern counterfeits are totally different.

They preached and strongly emphasized Acts 2:38 so fervently that their results were vitually indistingguishable from those of the PAJC men.

These modern dudes don't make an issue of it.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Are you talking about folks that have changed their stand on Acts 2:38 or standards or are you including both???
The point of this post is doctrinal--the ones who have backed up on the essentiality of the New Birth, and have decided to call themselves PCI.

Standards are a whole other issue.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:45 AM

Even PAJCers have evolved from the pre-Industrial age dress standards myth ... but PCIers for the most part are still solid Jesus name baptism and baptism of HG folks ...