Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
We were sitting on the deck with the moon smiling down on us eating steak and salad by candlelight (and moonlight of course). It did get a little chilly and I had to grab a sweater. Hehe.

No, but I know how to be diplomatic bro.
Did you give them a cup of tea and a rasberry scone?
Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Brother Daniel are who is Thomas Fudge? What do you know about him?
Please I want to know what do you know about him?
I know who he is ... his history in NB, Canada... his dad ... and about his formal education ... I have even spoken to a couple of people who knew him as a child. He's not a clown off the street, Benni.

I know what he is now within his ecumenical church ... and his soteriological views.

From his website.

Quote:
Thomas A. Fudge is Senior Lecturer in History at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand. He holds a B.A. in Religion from Warner Pacific College, a Master of Divinity from the Iliff School of Theology, a PhD in theology from Otago University (NZ) and a PhD in History from the University of Cambridge (UK). He is the author of The Magnificent Ride: The First Reformation in Hussite Bohemia (1998), Daniel Warner and the Paradox of Religious Democracy in Nineteenth–Century America (1998), The Crusade Against Heretics in Bohemia (2002) and more than thirty scholarly articles in academic journals on various aspects of religious history.

Thomas Fudge was a member of the United Pentecostal Church from 1964 to 1984. He worked in churches in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia in Canada, and in Oregon, Washington and Idaho in the United States. His early studies were taken at Conquerors Bible College in Portland, Oregon.

He lists among his mentors and significant spiritual and theological influences, former United Pentecostal Church ministers C.H. Yadon and Don Fisher, as well as his father James G. Fudge who is presently an ordained minister in the United Pentecostal Church. Subsequent to 1984 he has worked for the American Baptist Church, the Church of God (Anderson, Indiana), the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the Evangelical Covenant Church, the United Methodist Church and the Anglican Church in New Zealand. He has several years of ministerial experience and previously served as pastor of the Church of our Redeemer in Oregon.
These type questions usually lead to character assassination ...
Old 07-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Did you give them a cup of tea and a rasberry scone?
No, I was the guest.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 07-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
I know who he is ... his history in NB, Canada... his dad ... and about his formal education ... I have even spoken to a couple of people who knew him as a child. He's not a clown off the street, Benni.

I know what he is now within his ecumenical church ... and his soteriological views.

From his website.

These type questions usually lead to character assassination ...
I asked you if YOU knew Thomas Fudge, not know of, Thomas Fudge, I could've produced the same information. I'm asking if you know this individual who you are defending so. Brother Daniel I'm not your enemy, I'm just saying that people should look well at what they are reading. I'm not going to tell anyone that Fudge's book is the absolute truth without further study. I would never tell anyone that. I think you really need to check out why you are charging the gate so hard, you would be in my corner if I were saying to research and scrutinize an Elder Bernard book. So isn't that agenda motivated on your part?

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
Old 07-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
No, I was the guest.
Did they give you a cup of tea and a sardine scone?
Old 07-28-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I asked you if YOU knew Thomas Fudge, not know of, Thomas Fudge, I could've produced the same information. I'm asking if you know this individual who you are defending so. Brother Daniel I'm not your enemy, I'm just saying that people should look well at what they are reading. I'm not going to tell anyone that Fudge's book is the absolute truth without further study. I would never tell anyone that. I think you really need to check out why you are charging the gate so hard, you would be in my corner if I were saying to research and scrutinize an Elder Bernard book. So isn't that agenda motivated on your part?

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
If your "truth" litmus test for reading books written by scholars or anyone else was applied ... we'd be illiterate!!!!

Bernard, Boyd, Fudge ... whomever ... I don't need to know them personally to analyze their works ...

and your suggestion for "looking well at who I'm reading" is code for a lot more ... Benni ....

Neither are you my enemy ... but you've spent 8 pages discounting the reliability of the writer ... with no hard data other than generalizations and platitudes. Please expect to be challenged if this is your course.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:55 AM

This is becoming too circular even for me ...

With that I will give you the final word ....

It its difficult for two learned men, as you and I, to capitulate as we can be as obstinate as mules.

Let the readers of these insignificant pages judge for themselves about the reliability of Thomas Fudge and the validity behind his conclusions...

I look forward to your authoritative historical dissertation systematically chronicling Apostolic preterists and their role within the Oneness movement ... a fascinating story that I would love to read ....

We can't let Reckhart have the final word ... can we????
Old 07-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
If your "truth" litmus test for reading books written by scholars or anyone else was applied ... we'd be illiterate!!!!
That's a contradiction Brother Daniel. How can one be studious and illiterate at the same time? Brother Daniel, you just want to argue about something that you would normally accept as truth if it were not pointed at one of your heroes.

Quote:
Bernard, Boyd, Fudge ... whomever ... I don't need to know them personally to analyze their works ...
You see Brother Daniel that's where you are seriously wrong. Brother Daniel when I studied the life of Leo Tolstoy it gave me more of an understanding of his work. Mahatma Ghandi felt the same way when he contacted Tolstoy after reading "The Kingdom of God is Within You". Ghandi understood, as did Dr. Martin Luther King after he read the writings of Tolstoy and Ghandi.

I'm sorry that you feel such a need to constantly attack instead of consider.

Quote:
and your suggestion for "looking well at who I'm reading" is code for a lot more ... Benni ....
Just a little common sense Brother Daniel, it opens our view to our history in a much greater way.

Quote:
Neither are you my enemy ... but you've spent 8 pages discounting the reliability of the writer ... with no hard data other than generalizations and platitudes. Please expect to be challenged if this is your course.
Brother what hard data, I'm saying that those who are reading the book to do their own research. Eight pages of telling readers to look close to what they were reading. I had another minister back me up that he too understood that Fudge had an agenda. Also based on the fact that Fudge was once an ex-Pentecostal places him in question, that was something you posted. Brother Daniel the book is to be questioned and scrutinized. Anyone would be a fool not to place the book under the microscope. Anyone who does believe the Fudge book to be the end all has a bigger agenda than Fudge.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
Old 07-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
This is becoming too circular even for me ...

With that I will give you the final word ....

It its difficult for two learned men, as you and I, to capitulate as we can be as obstinate as mules.

Let the readers of these insignificant pages judge for themselves about the reliability of Thomas Fudge and the validity behind his conclusions...

I look forward to your authoritative historical dissertation systematically chronicling Apostolic preterists and their role within the Oneness movement ... a fascinating story that I would love to read ....

We can't let Reckhart have the final word ... can we????
Brother Daniel, Brother Reckart would place you in hell right along side me.

Brother Daniel so now you're an expert on the Pentecostal movement Eschatology? Parham was British Israel.

Brother Daniel think about this I would rather be under leadership who compels men and women to study to show themselves approved unto God. Then under leadership who throw a book in front of you and tell you to look no further because the man who wrote it is a scholar. Everything is to be researched and studied out. The truth welcomes it. People who live in false religions hate the light of study.

I hope you and Brother Reckart have a wonderful time he's fond of young preachers.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
Old 07-28-2007, 12:12 PM

Benni,

I'm serious about reading such a book ... for real.
Its something that hasn't been told ... and it needs to be told from the minority view.

I don't dabble in Eschatology ... and to be honest I see a lot truth in both the Futurist and Preterist views ... My view is simple ... be ready for anything ....

and find myself at times leaning towards some of your own views.

With that ... get started, son [tic]. Start writing it ... I'll be the first on line to purchased it.