Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Cry Room
Facebook

Notices

The Cry Room Where disruptive users are sent for a TIME OUT!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Banned

Jesus Speaking in Tongues (Written)

And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise.

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Here you can see Jesus speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 PM
I Am That I Am.

Re: Jesus Speaking in Tongues (Written)

This is Aramaic, not an unknown language. And exactly how would the Holy Ghost, which is Jesus Christ, give himself utterance anyway?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matt View Post
This is Aramaic, not an unknown language. And exactly how would the Holy Ghost, which is Jesus Christ, give himself utterance anyway?
Did you not tell us all not to feed the troll?

I will say this about you

those evil spirits that dwell in you have some nerve.

And they are stupid. Very stupid.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:10 PM

We had a well known evangelist throw that nonsense out there a few months ago in the middle of his preaching....that Jesus was speaking in tongues when he said that.

I think most folks in the congregation that could think for themselves atleast a little bit, knew he was full of bologny. Matter of fact one guy asked me after "service" if I believed that, to which I replied I think very few bought that one.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 02-22-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:19 PM
I Am That I Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertcarring View Post
Did you not tell us all not to feed the troll?

I will say this about you

those evil spirits that dwell in you have some nerve.

And they are stupid. Very stupid.
So do you deny it's a known language of the earth, bertcarring?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM
I Am That I Am.

I find it hilarious that you are mentally unable to talk without being insulting.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

This is a sad thread. I have never seen or heard anything like that, and know this to be beyond rediculous. Bert reminds me of that pastor we were discussing that is in San Francisco (you know who I am talking about).

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Have you seen bert's disappearing act? I think it's impressive.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 AM
Austin

Jesus is the Holy Ghost. The word Holy is not a name, and the word ghost is not a name. Both have been capitalized by the translators of the English bible because they denote an office of administration, or title to and office of administration on a legal and professional level of recognition.

The word holy describes the person who is the ghost. The word ghost in Greek means phantom or the spirit of a departed one.

At the time of Jesus the Holy Ghost was not yet given to anyone. It had appeared upon people in the past as an anointing to enable them to perform God's purposes.

Jesus clearly describes himself as returning to us in spirit and dwelling in us.[ John Gospel ]

Therefore He is the Holy Ghost and it is senseless to make a statement that Jesus spoke in tongues which was the evidence to new testament believers of the indwelling of the Holy Ghost.

Anyone who has received the spirit of truth knows this. If they don't then how can they have a real personal relationship with the one who is in total authority in heaven and the earth and who is before all things, and all things have their existence in him//.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Rebel with a cause.

I think he's throwing out lines, watching the water froth, snickering, and then moving on.

I refuse to even engage this nonsense anymore.

If he's playing us, he's doing a masterful job. If he's serious, he is intensely disturbed and mentally unbalanced, and I don't have time to engage nutjobs, personally.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"