Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
election, midterms, obama, october surprise, politics

Old 09-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

October Surprise

Typically an October Surprise is reserved for use during a Presidential campaign; however, with so much on the line in this mid-term, you can bet that obama and the Democrats will do something to maximize their chances and hurt the Republicans.

I don't watch "The Five" on FoxNews, but a statement from one of the panelists caught my eyes. Bob Beckel is the token liberal on the show, and he stated this on the show (which has been reported about today):

Quote:
“I’ll tell you: I would expect an October surprise,” Beckel said on Thursday. “I think I know what is — I’m not going to say it, but I think I know what it is — and it is going to shake things up, and it has to do with national security.”
I read a couple blogs saying Beckel's statement shouldn't be taken seriously, that he's not close enough to the admin to know that kind of information.

Regardless of what it is or isn't, I do agree with one part of what Beckel said.... "I would expect an October surprise."

Source Link
Old 09-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Banned

Re: October Surprise

I'd not be surprised.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Re: October Surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Typically an October Surprise is reserved for use during a Presidential campaign; however, with so much on the line in this mid-term, you can bet that obama and the Democrats will do something to maximize their chances and hurt the Republicans.

I don't watch "The Five" on FoxNews, but a statement from one of the panelists caught my eyes. Bob Beckel is the token liberal on the show, and he stated this on the show (which has been reported about today):

I read a couple blogs saying Beckel's statement shouldn't be taken seriously, that he's not close enough to the admin to know that kind of information.

Regardless of what it is or isn't, I do agree with one part of what Beckel said.... "I would expect an October surprise."

Source Link

They don't need an October surprise. The GOP establishment is intentionally sabotaging the November elections. There is too much Tea Party type influence and they'd rather lose than have Consttiutionalists running things. Wake up folks. The GOP is dirty. It is the party that marched an army into the South under the guise of "saving the union" (they NEVER claimed to fighting to end slavery) but were really out to destroy local control and constitutional government. They were gobbling up 80% of tax revenue for internal improvements that were unauthorized by the Constitution. The Southern's states departure meant the north could not tax imports,or tax the cotton exports. Northern ports like Boston and New York would have died while Southern ports with low tariffs would have thrived. Industry then would have started looking South. All of this would have actually accelerated the end of slavery.

The bankers and fat cats took control in 1865. They got their government subsidized railroad then too. Our country has never been the same thanks to the GOP. The Dems were once the conservative party. But we see that both parties now love big government and hate the Constitution.