Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #221  
Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
allstate1 allstate1 is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 810
Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
Thank you, genius.
You may have turned away the sluts but you are in dire need of an attitude adjustment!!!
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 09-02-2010, 11:58 AM
berkeley berkeley is offline
Saved & Shaved


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SOUTH ZION
Posts: 10,795
Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstate1 View Post
You may have turned away the sluts but you are in dire need of an attitude adjustment!!!
From the guy who said to test drive the car...
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 09-02-2010, 01:26 PM
allstate1 allstate1 is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 810
Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
From the guy who said to test drive the car...
This was thrown out as a popular theory! You are the one on here with a pompous attitude!
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 09-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Jermyn Davidson's Avatar
Jermyn Davidson Jermyn Davidson is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In His Hands
Posts: 13,911
Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceniez View Post
Good, an older saint told me that it meant that if a man and woman had premarital sex that they have not sinned as long as they marry .
I know people who hold this opinion today-- some even are Christians.

For the record, I do not hold this view.
__________________
"The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character."

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 09-02-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 09-03-2010, 03:46 AM
iceniez's Avatar
iceniez iceniez is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Olmsted ,Ohio
Posts: 1,268
Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstate1 View Post
I have seen it happen more than just a few times! I do believe it is a sin! The UPC and other conservative orgs. need to have educated counceling for these people and not some beatem down preacher!! Pastors should be required to have several hours of councel education including family,addictions,and grief.
Awesome Idea.
__________________
DAVID A MAN AFTER GOD'S HEART.........
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 09-03-2010, 03:57 AM
iceniez's Avatar
iceniez iceniez is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Olmsted ,Ohio
Posts: 1,268
Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
I know people who hold this opinion today-- some even are Christians.

For the record, I do not hold this view.
Neither do I , although I am not proud of my past before I came to Jesus. I cannot justify my past sins to ease my conscience, I have to agree with the Word. Repent and then be justified by Jesus , and his sacrifice.
__________________
DAVID A MAN AFTER GOD'S HEART.........

Last edited by iceniez; 09-03-2010 at 04:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 09-03-2010, 04:50 AM
pastorrick1959 pastorrick1959 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 771
Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

i love this forum everyone is so friendly.. lol... sex before marriage is a sin ,i feel ...when your young ,your hormones are screaming at you ,, so for those who abstain , they can rejoice in knowing they did ,what was moral and respectfull to one another!
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 09-03-2010, 05:14 AM
Walks_in_islam Walks_in_islam is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,759
Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Pastorrick - always sharing wisdom of which you teach and of which the bible does not. Such as current version of tithing etc etc.

Pray tell - what does the bible specifically teach of the sex life of those who God declared as righteous? Do start with Ibrihim (Abraham) and his children then move to Daud (David) etc etc.

Remember to use God's words and stories from God's book and do your best to keep in mind that your words that conflict with God's book are tiresome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorrick1959 View Post
i love this forum everyone is so friendly.. lol... sex before marriage is a sin ,i feel ...when your young ,your hormones are screaming at you ,, so for those who abstain , they can rejoice in knowing they did ,what was moral and respectfull to one another!
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Walks_in_islam Walks_in_islam is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,759
Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

After you think and come back please share what God and the Bible teach about sex and marriage - THEN explain how those who were referred to by God as righteous did not necessarily follow what pastorrick or the modern church refers to as righteous - THEN explain what the Bible says about ministers who teach something other than what the Bible teaches in the name of teaching the word of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Pastorrick - always sharing wisdom of which you teach and of which the bible does not. Such as current version of tithing etc etc.

Pray tell - what does the bible specifically teach of the sex life of those who God declared as righteous? Do start with Ibrihim (Abraham) and his children then move to Daud (David) etc etc.

Remember to use God's words and stories from God's book and do your best to keep in mind that your words that conflict with God's book are tiresome.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 09-03-2010, 11:49 AM
berkeley berkeley is offline
Saved & Shaved


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SOUTH ZION
Posts: 10,795
Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstate1 View Post
This was thrown out as a popular theory! You are the one on here with a pompous attitude!
I can't determine that the woman sounded proud... but you can determine that I have a pompous attitude.

...like they say, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
California voters approve gay-marriage ban Encryptus Fellowship Hall 9 11-05-2008 03:19 PM
Will US Postal Service approve Men in Skirts? Hoovie Fellowship Hall 21 08-08-2008 07:47 PM
Does God approve of "interracial" marriage?? Dedicated Mind Deep Waters 90 02-07-2008 06:26 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by mfblume
- by TJJJ
- by Esaias
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.