Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-21-2018, 11:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
God decreed that if a man lie with a woman NOT betrothed to anyone, he must marry her.

Ex 22:16
And if you all need a second witness - Deut 22:28-29.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-22-2018, 05:09 AM
Saved & Shaved

Yet, no witness in the. NT. So, I’m good.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:11 AM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Therefore, don't get yourself in situations like that.
A long line big time ago... so I should be a polygamist right now.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:13 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Wait guys are you saying there is a case that sex before marriage is not fornication? EB your highfiving a statement that allows for sex before the covenant of marriage is made. At least thats how I read the post.
I know what my brother was saying. Hence the reason that Paul if a man was joined to a prostitute the two become one flesh 1 Corinthians 6:16. When a an individual seduced a young girl and lie with her. He would then be ordered under law to marry, and give a dowry. If the patriarch refused. The seducer needed to make restitution in the form of money Exodus 22:16-17. Also when a rapist had taken an unmarried young female (property of the patriarch of the family) restitution had to be made with money. Also the rapist had to go through force marriage Deuteronomy 22:28-29. The rapist had to marry to the victim, and couldn't divorce her, under any circumstance. I believe strongly in following the law where two come together in the eyes of State and God. Young people (or old people) having premarital sex is just fornication without any sacrifice. Even if the government isn't involved and one was to sign the Family Bible. They had to go before the church leadership (being the entire church family) to get their ok. The parents (most important the father) was the one who gave the blessing. Still, divorce wasn't an option, but the couple were commanded by God to work things out. Do you understand my thoughts? If not, I will make it even more clear.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:14 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Therefore, don't get yourself in situations like that.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:43 PM
Banned

The word "fornication" is better translated "sexual immorally". Any action that sexually uses a person, dehumanizes them, objectifies them, and exploits them purely for personal sexual gratification or pleasure, is "sexually immoral"... even if it is done within the confines of the marriage covenant.

Last edited by Aquila; 07-22-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
The word "fornication" is better translated "sexual immorally". Any action that sexually uses a person, dehumanizes them, objectifies them, and exploits them purely for personal sexual gratification or pleasure, is "sexually immoral"... even if it is done within the confines of the marriage covenant.
Sorry, but once again you have no Scripture for that. Trying to pass off modern liberal social justice warrior value judgments off as the mind of God is a dangerous thing. Not to mention silly.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-22-2018, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I know what my brother was saying. Hence the reason that Paul if a man was joined to a prostitute the two become one flesh 1 Corinthians 6:16. When a an individual seduced a young girl and lie with her. He would then be ordered under law to marry, and give a dowry. If the patriarch refused. The seducer needed to make restitution in the form of money Exodus 22:16-17. Also when a rapist had taken an unmarried young female (property of the patriarch of the family) restitution had to be made with money. Also the rapist had to go through force marriage Deuteronomy 22:28-29. The rapist had to marry to the victim, and couldn't divorce her, under any circumstance. I believe strongly in following the law where two come together in the eyes of State and God. Young people (or old people) having premarital sex is just fornication without any sacrifice. Even if the government isn't involved and one was to sign the Family Bible. They had to go before the church leadership (being the entire church family) to get their ok. The parents (most important the father) was the one who gave the blessing. Still, divorce wasn't an option, but the couple were commanded by God to work things out. Do you understand my thoughts? If not, I will make it even more clear.
Sex before marriage is fornication. Its sin. I understand your thoughts but that was to Hebrews under the law. That ain't us. Although I have seen it in the church.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Sex before marriage is fornication. Its sin. I understand your thoughts but that was to Hebrews under the law. That ain't us. Although I have seen it in the church.
Nobody said it wasn't fornication, or sin. But God declared His will on the matter in the event it happened. Just like stealing, it's sin yet God commanded restitution/repayment by the thief to the injured party. In this case, God commanded they get married, without an allowance for divorce (which by the way shows that divorce under Moses was identical under Christ, whereas it was the Talmudic Pharisees who invented the "for any reason" nonsense). Anyway, this isn't just for Hebrews, this is God's Law which is His revealed will for how man is to live.

Who can claim that God placed societal and civil consequences for fornication on Israel, but He has no opinion about such things for everyone else? This antinomian perspective is partly why there is fornication among professing apostolics - there are no real, here and now consequences to people's actions. One can fornicate then cry at the altar and all is well? Hardly Biblical. Hardly practical in reducing unlawful connections, too.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Seen hat in the church?