Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
death of bin laden, obama, pakistan, speech

Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: The President's Speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seascapes View Post
I vote Democrat, but I really don't believe that I am what people say liberal. As far as labeling I do not agree. I vote for Social Security, Disability, Medicare, Medicaid, Public Schools, Working Middle Class, Food Cards etc., which the republicans in office are against. I feel that changes should be made to some of these programs, so that people can not abuse the benefits that many people need. Even though I am for these benefits from our government, I am also against how some abuse the benefits.
You are a Marxist. Giving social security fo those who are not retired and over 62 is Marxism.

The Marxist agenda will be halted.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Pentecostal/Democrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
You are a Marxist. Giving social security fo those who are not retired and over 62 is Marxism. The Marxist agenda will be halted.
If I am a Marxist, so is about 70% of America, and if Social Security is the Marxist agenda it won't be halted while there are Democrats in office. So you better really get to campaigning for Donald Rump or any other republican clown.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
If I am a Marxist, so is about 70% of America, and if Social Security is the Marxist agenda it won't be halted while there are Democrats in office. So you better really get to campaigning for Donald Rump or any other republican clown.
It think the percentage was more at 48%, which is scary enough. The fear of changing SS and Medicare is that people are not sure of the process or if the change will work. I don't fault the American people on that. I like most of Paul Ryan's plan, but I'm still not sure of the end result he has out on entitlements.

My only opinion is that we have moved people into depending on a "handout" from the government instead of desiring to be self-sufficient and self-starters -that is the characteristic of a capitalist and not to be mistaken for crony capitalism, which has muddied the waters for sure.

I fault our educational system as being the largest culprit of this "hand out" Marxist society that has grown. And even though the Democrats view is more in line with the Marxist view, I also blame the Republicans for not pushing harder against it.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Pentecostal/Democrat

Pressing-On said,....My only opinion is that we have moved people into depending on a "handout" from the government instead of desiring to be self-sufficient and self-starters -that is the characteristic of a capitalist and not to be mistaken for crony capitalism, which has muddied the waters for sure.

My opinion is like yours in a way. I also believe that these programs are abused, and must be reformed to stop the abuse. The people that need these programs, and has paid into these programs in form of taxes, are not "handouts", such as Disability. No one is on disability without a medical decision from a doctor. Now Medicare is being abused from many companies, such as the motorized chair. This is costing Medicare, when people can replace their motorized chair after 5 years, even if the first one they got is like brand new, and being told to give it to someone else if they didn't want the old one. Just to sell another motorized chair.

Medicaid should not keep paying for illegitimate babies, and food card should not be given to anyone without a drug test once a month at least. These people living in government housing, and paying cheaper rent should also undergo drug testing.
I vote for these benefits, because I know there are more that does not abuse the government programs, these people really need help. Where there are 10 that abuse, there are 90 that don't.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Pressing-On said,....My only opinion is that we have moved people into depending on a "handout" from the government instead of desiring to be self-sufficient and self-starters -that is the characteristic of a capitalist and not to be mistaken for crony capitalism, which has muddied the waters for sure.

My opinion is like yours in a way. I also believe that these programs are abused, and must be reformed to stop the abuse. The people that need these programs, and has paid into these programs in form of taxes, are not "handouts", such as Disability. No one is on disability without a medical decision from a doctor. Now Medicare is being abused from many companies, such as the motorized chair. This is costing Medicare, when people can replace their motorized chair after 5 years, even if the first one they got is like brand new, and being told to give it to someone else if they didn't want the old one. Just to sell another motorized chair.

Medicaid should not keep paying for illegitimate babies, and food card should not be given to anyone without a drug test once a month at least. These people living in government housing, and paying cheaper rent should also undergo drug testing.
I vote for these benefits, because I know there are more that does not abuse the government programs, these people really need help. Where there are 10 that abuse, there are 90 that don't.
Yes, I agree. There is so much dishonesty and abuse, it is very disheartening. I honestly don't see how in the world we can fix that. Only God alone can fix dishonesty and if we are not seeking Him with our whole hearts, it seriously cannot be fixed, IMO. Curbed by law, but not fixed.

It's a shame that we have to keep writing and introducing more laws when honesty would have fixed a whole lot of things. God help us!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:30 AM
My Family!

Quote:

You DO know that you can quote a post? Just hit quote and then respond under the quote.