Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

Does Jesus Equate To YAH?

Question for Apostolics. How many names does God presently have? What is he called in Heaven?

Consider this:

1: And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2: For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3: And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4: And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5: And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6: And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Rev. 19:1-6

All Heaven is praising the Lord God in these scriptures. What are they calling him?

In verses 1,3,4, and 6 we find the answer. What does Alleluia mean?

It is the same in Hebrew as Hallelujah. Alleluia is the English form from the Greek.

It means PRAISE YAH. At the time of the second coming all Heaven is saying to the Lord our God PRAISE YAH!

Why do you suppose we are given this in scripture?

In Psalms 68:4 we are given Gods name.

Sing to God sing praises to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds by HIS NAME YAH and rejoice before him. NKJV.

That is plain Gods name is YAH.

We as Apostolic Oneness teach that Gods name is Jesus. Why is the Lord our God being called YAH at the second coming?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:

We as Apostolic Oneness teach that Gods name is Jesus. Why is the Lord our God being called YAH at the second coming?
And all this time I thought that he would go by this name at his second coming:

Revelation 19:16

"And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."
Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
And all this time I thought that he would go by this name at his second coming:

Revelation 19:16

"And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."
Hmmm, now which is it gonna be? Reckon He'll accept any of them, to be honest.

The verses that are being quoted are specific to timing and in no wise negate any other name(s). But I realize you knew that.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Question for Apostolics. How many names does God presently have? What is he called in Heaven?

Consider this:

1: And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2: For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3: And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4: And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5: And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6: And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Rev. 19:1-6

All Heaven is praising the Lord God in these scriptures. What are they calling him?

In verses 1,3,4, and 6 we find the answer. What does Alleluia mean?

It is the same in Hebrew as Hallelujah. Alleluia is the English form from the Greek.

It means PRAISE YAH. At the time of the second coming all Heaven is saying to the Lord our God PRAISE YAH!

Why do you suppose we are given this in scripture?

In Psalms 68:4 we are given Gods name.

Sing to God sing praises to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds by HIS NAME YAH and rejoice before him. NKJV.

Hi Michael,No matter what you say it all goes back to Jehovah,Jah: the everlasting,a contraction for Jehovah ( Psa 68:4). 76. Adam ad-am' of Hebrew origin (121); Adam, the first man; typically (of Jesus) man (as his representative):--Adam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
919. Bariesous bar-ee-ay-sooce' of Chaldee origin (1247 and 3091); son of Jesus (or Joshua); Bar-jesus, an Israelite:--Barjesus.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2424. Iesous ee-ay-sooce' of Hebrew origin (3091); Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites:--Jesus.
2960. kuriakos koo-ree-ak-os' from 2962; belonging to the Lord (Jehovah or Jesus):--Lord's.
5547. Christos khris-tos' from 5548; anointed, i.e. the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus:--Christ.
3091 Yhowshuwa` yeh-ho-shoo'-ah or Yhowshua {yeh-ho-shoo'-ah}; from 3068 and 3467; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader:--Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Compare 1954, 3442.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:14 AM
the ultracon

Well MTD & Joelel, you have proven you are more "Apostolic" than us all.

Splitting hairs invinitum, to exclude your brothers in Chrsit and to make your selves exclusionary elitist's.

This seems to be the definition of "Apostolic" today. ;-)
Old 03-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
Well MTD & Joelel, you have proven you are more "Apostolic" than us all.

Splitting hairs invinitum, to exclude your brothers in Chrsit and to make your selves exclusionary elitist's.

This seems to be the definition of "Apostolic" today. ;-)
Old 03-29-2007, 07:17 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

I never sease to be amazed at the things people will build doctrines on.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I never cease to be amazed at the things people will build doctrines on.
Castles made of sand, fall into the sea.. eventually. Hendrix
Old 03-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

When YOU sacred name guys get it figured out then come back and tell us poor ignorant English speaking folks.

HINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It might help if ONE of the sacred name folks could read or speak Hebrew?????????????????????
Old 03-29-2007, 07:23 AM
the ultracon

michael..perhaps you missed the excellent post by tbpew on the "the name" thread
__________________________________________________ ___________

You posted---Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple
Ok all answers seem to be in. Steve and Atlanta and others here oppose the name of Yeshua. A few are favorable to it. I think I will start a new thread and explore the Hebrew name some more.
POSTED BY TBPEW:
__________________________________________________ _____________
Micheal,
After following this thread and processing the voluminous negative criticisms offered by Steve and Shave, you want to set out and explore the Hebrew name some more.

Is this "sounding" of the Lamb's name the defining issue in your life right now?

It just feels like it is more than just sharing an understanding, it seems like a quest. Please know, I basically understand quests, and you have the same opportunity to fill up bandwidth with this topic as I do with proclaiming that there is neither male nor female in Christ.

IMO, a large part of what you are hearing from your critics (in this thread) is that this "proper sounding" becomes a "single note" trumpeted from the wall. For something to be so singularly focused upon, it is implying to your reader that you hold this issue as a defining issue among the faithful. IMO, that is what stirs the acidic rhetoric being contributed in this thread. If something is so defining, it should not be subject to continuously evolving with every hebrew linguistic research publication.

We all agree (I hope) that knowing the name is a core essential to our identity and our operation in the realm of the Spirit. Can you comment on why people who adamently pursue a singular "utterance sound" independant of the language of their own common understanding, seem to become engulfed by this topical consideration?

submitted respectfully,
tbpew.

PS. I do not think Steve and Shave oppose the name of Yeshua. I believe they oppose the "there is one sound spoken in the mouths of all men, by which we must be saved". I do find it interesting that after weathering all their seemingly cavalier posting, that you form that sentence as representing your assessment of their views.