Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-07-2020, 10:57 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Personally, I'm a Liberty Sheep, the one that's well armed and prepared to dispute the "democratic" vote of the wolves.

Your going to dispute it how? With Guns? Yeah, that’s the best you can come up with?
Apparently, you're not familiar with the source of that.

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner, liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote"

Quote:
Jesus didn't, but his disciples did. Peter even used his sword to cut off the ear of one of the men coming to arrest Jesus.

What did Jesus tell Peter?

Matthew 26:51-54 KJVS
[51] And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear. [52] Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
[53] Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
[54] But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Even Jesus had restraint not to call on 12 legion of Angels. Do you have restraint?
Also, show me where he used his sword after his conversion. Maybe thats the answer, some of you that need your guns for your militia need to be converted.
And right before that, he told His disciples to go sell their cloaks and buy swords. Jesus knew He HAD to be taken that night, that's why He stopped Peter. However, He never actually said we shouldn't fight back in the natural. That's your interpretation only.

Our fight ultimately is a spiritual one, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared to fight in the natural, when necessary. I'm not talking about seeking out a fight, merely being prepared for one when it comes knocking.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Jito463;1585527]Apparently, you're not familiar with the source of that.

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner, liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote"

I guess I am not familiar with that.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post

And right before that, he told His disciples to go sell their cloaks and buy swords. Jesus knew He HAD to be taken that night, that's why He stopped Peter. However, He never actually said we shouldn't fight back in the natural. That's your interpretation only.

Our fight ultimately is a spiritual one, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared to fight in the natural, when necessary. I'm not talking about seeking out a fight, merely being prepared for one when it comes knocking.

Ok, and what did Jesus want them to do with those swords? Remember this is the same Jesus that said,

Matthew 5:9-11 KJVS
[9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [10] Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
[11] Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Jesus spoke this a little further in the chapter,

Matthew 5:38-44 KJVS
[38] Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
[39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
[40] And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
[41] And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
[42] Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
[43] Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Even John wrote and said For God is love. Fear and Hate will bring you to places that love wont.

However, He never actually said we shouldn't fight back in the natural.

Your right, there is not a verse that says “ Thou Shalt not physically fight with another man.”

Yet, we’re commanded to follow after the spirit, so if you believe the Lord is going to direct you to fight. Then, do what you feel!
There are preachers that actually train MMA, this may be ok with some of you, I preach against that. Why train for something that your not planning to use?

That's your interpretation only.

What? That were not supposed to be killing, or cutting peoples ear off?

Brother, our King said this,

Luke 23:34 KJVS
[34] Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Was this suppose to happen, Yes your absolutely correct. Yet, Jesus is showing us how to love, forgive them. Not hurt them.

Our fight is only spiritual.

Ephesians 6:12 KJVS
[12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Jesus walked in the spirit, thats why he said my kingdom is not of this world. If it was then his servants would fight. Our fight is in the spiritual, people dont understand how to war in the spirit because they are not spiritual, 90% of the things they deal with is physical this, or natural that. We battle in the spirit, not in the flesh. The flesh and the things of the flesh will NEVER understand the things of the spirit.

Galatians 5:16-17 KJVS
[16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. [17] For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

You talk about being prepared in case someone comes looking for a fight. Jesus said to turn the other cheek. The spirit says to turn, but the flesh says to hit back. It’s always going to be the fight against the flesh and spirit.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Ok, and what did Jesus want them to do with those swords? Remember this is the same Jesus that said,

Matthew 5:9-11 KJVS
[9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [10] Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
[11] Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Jesus spoke this a little further in the chapter,

Matthew 5:38-44 KJVS
[38] Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
[39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
[40] And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
[41] And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
[42] Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
[43] Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Even John wrote and said For God is love. Fear and Hate will bring you to places that love wont.

However, He never actually said we shouldn't fight back in the natural.

Your right, there is not a verse that says “ Thou Shalt not physically fight with another man.”

Yet, we’re commanded to follow after the spirit, so if you believe the Lord is going to direct you to fight. Then, do what you feel!
There are preachers that actually train MMA, this may be ok with some of you, I preach against that. Why train for something that your not planning to use?

That's your interpretation only.

What? That were not supposed to be killing, or cutting peoples ear off?

Brother, our King said this,

Luke 23:34 KJVS
[34] Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Was this suppose to happen, Yes your absolutely correct. Yet, Jesus is showing us how to love, forgive them. Not hurt them.

Our fight is only spiritual.

Ephesians 6:12 KJVS
[12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Jesus walked in the spirit, thats why he said my kingdom is not of this world. If it was then his servants would fight. Our fight is in the spiritual, people dont understand how to war in the spirit because they are not spiritual, 90% of the things they deal with is physical this, or natural that. We battle in the spirit, not in the flesh. The flesh and the things of the flesh will NEVER understand the things of the spirit.

Galatians 5:16-17 KJVS
[16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. [17] For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

You talk about being prepared in case someone comes looking for a fight. Jesus said to turn the other cheek. The spirit says to turn, but the flesh says to hit back. It’s always going to be the fight against the flesh and spirit.
By your interpretation, there would never have been a USA to begin with. If the framers lived by your example, they would never have picked up arms against the British Empire. If you believe in pure pacifism, then more power to you. I won't tell you to do otherwise, nor have I indicated that anyone else should be armed (even though I earnestly believe we should be). It's my choice, and between me and my God.

If it helps, consider it like the Nazarite curse. I'll gladly take it upon me, in order to be a blessing to others.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
By your interpretation, there would never have been a USA to begin with. If the framers lived by your example, they would never have picked up arms against the British Empire. If you believe in pure pacifism, then more power to you. I won't tell you to do otherwise, nor have I indicated that anyone else should be armed (even though I earnestly believe we should be). It's my choice, and between me and my God.

If it helps, consider it like the Nazarite curse. I'll gladly take it upon me, in order to be a blessing to others.
I believe he already stated the USA was born in witchcraft and rebellion.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-08-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I believe he already stated the USA was born in witchcraft and rebellion.
Well, he's half right. It WAS born in rebellion. Just as David "rebelled" against an unjust edict from Saul, so too did the framers rebel against an unjust, tyrannical monarchy. Rebellion isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:22 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Well, he's half right. It WAS born in rebellion. Just as David "rebelled" against an unjust edict from Saul, so too did the framers rebel against an unjust, tyrannical monarchy. Rebellion isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If no man can serve two masters when we come to Christ are we not "rebelling" against our previous "master"?

I think it all depends on who you are rebelling against...
Old 04-08-2020, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Ill gladly agree to disagree.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
America was founded on rebellion you are correct.

1 Samuel 15:23 KJVS
[23] For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

“Is as” was an interpolation inserted by the translator for clarification, the verse is stating, “Rebellion the sin of Witchcraft”. Were a lot of us and more than likely you and myself will differ, is some believe there is good rebellion. I dont, I believe all rebellion is witchcraft.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:06 PM
Covenant Apostolic

The founders were illuminati and freemasons, were they not?