Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Registered Member

Re: Massive shakeup going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
Bro..That is not entirely true.....The ones of which you speak which are now at our church were members for over 80 years....two of them are my employees.
What exactly do octogenarians do around a funeral home?
Old 02-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

They help model the caskets when young people come to tour and see what they would look like in 50 years or so.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:10 AM
krawlinson

My dad, Rev. Carlos Dale Gibson also pastored in Oretta. He is the nephew of
Rev. Arther Gillis, who pastored there for years and Dad is first cousin to A.D. Spears wife.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL! Rev, you arent familar with Starks are you?

ethics has little to do when you have 2 churches in rock throwing distance from each other...in a town of less than 500! LOL!

PS, least anyone get any ideas, if you are not from Starks, dont make the mistake of going hunting in the woods around there. some have tried....many have never been seen again! Them is some crazy Redbones! (I can say that im married to one)

Mancuso: Search in Starks related to decade-old missing persons case

CALCASIEU PARISH, LA (KPLC) -
Authorities with the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office are investigating after receiving a tip that a body of a person missing for more than a decade may be buried in a field behind the EZ Mart on La. 12 in Starks.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/37331005...g-persons-case

Last edited by oneinkhorn; 01-24-2018 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
If these men want to leave then they should go but I don't think it's fair to pull the congregations out. ESPECIALLY if the church was built with the help of the UPCI and their programs. This is a problem with the ego of some Pastors/Ministers. It's MY CHURCH instead of saying it is Gods church. I know that Pastors have to do what they feel is right but the church body needs to have a say in what is going on. I've seen too many "daughter" works start with the support of a church and somewhere along the way, the "Pastor" decides to pull out of the Organization or they want to go independant. Whatever the reason, if the group was started under the umbrella of the local church, then they need to turn it back to the local church and go start their own work. Just my opinion...
Old 02-17-2019, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Yes let’s get advise from someone that’s not even in the ministry about the direction of a local church.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Yes let’s get advise from someone that’s not even in the ministry about the direction of a local church.
Who are you referring to?
Old 03-05-2019, 06:33 AM
Registered Member

If these men want to leave then they should go but I don't think it's fair to pull the congregations out. ESPECIALLY if the church was built with the help of the UPCI and their programs. This is a problem with the ego of some Pastors/Ministers. It's MY CHURCH instead of saying it is Gods church. I know that Pastors have to do what they feel is right but the church body needs to have a say in what is going on. I've seen too many "daughter" works start with the support of a church and somewhere along the way, the "Pastor" decides to pull out of the Organization or they want to go independant. Whatever the reason, if the group was started under the umbrella of the local church, then they need to turn it back to the local church and go start their own work. Just my opinion...

I would say the saints dont belong to the Pastor or the organization. From what I've seen if a Pastor desires to go independent the Church body is usually already on board with this decision. I have a problem with holding allegiance to religious organizations just because. In the above post it is mentioned these Pastors need to start their own work. What about the souls that have been saved during their pastorate or the families that have been put back together or marriages that have been saved during their time there? Organization didnt do that, God did it through a pastor.
Not sure who the original poster of this post was but its an insult to the office and ministry of a Pastor to think just because the local church was built by a certain organization or partially funded in some way if that Pastor chooses to go independent that he should leave and start his own church. As if the pastor is not the visionary and leader of the church.

Last edited by Apostolic1ness; 03-05-2019 at 06:35 AM. Reason: posted twice
Old 03-05-2019, 06:33 AM
Registered Member

I would say the saints dont belong to the Pastor or the organization. From what I've seen if a Pastor desires to go independent the Church body is usually already on board with this decision. I have a problem with holding allegiance to religious organizations just because. In the above post it is mentioned these Pastors need to start their own work. What about the souls that have been saved during their pastorate or the families that have been put back together or marriages that have been saved during their time there? Organization didnt do that, God did it through a pastor.
Not sure who the original poster of this post was but its an insult to the office and ministry of a Pastor to think just because the local church was built by a certain organization or partially funded in some way if that Pastor chooses to go independent that he should leave and start his own church. As if the pastor is not the visionary and leader of the church.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:36 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post

Sometimes outside perspective is pretty valuable...it helps us monitor our blindspots...or do you not have those?