Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-15-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
Move to the ultraconservative side. All the leadership needs is a chair to sit down. They are already on the Ultra-Con front lawn.

It's many of the good men out in the crowd that are sick of talking about things 15 and 30 years later......
This is an interesting comment, but I am not sure I understand it in full context, can you expound a little bit more...but not too much...
Old 03-15-2007, 10:57 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
This is an interesting comment, but I am not sure I understand it in full context, can you expound a little bit more...but not too much...
There will not be any real changes in the UPCI in the next 10 years.

There will however be a number of men who will realize as others venture out.

There is a great big harvest out ther that will be reaped no matter the lable on the pulpit when you preach.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
There will not be any real changes in the UPCI in the next 10 years.

There will however be a number of men who will realize as others venture out.

There is a great big harvest out ther that will be reaped no matter the lable on the pulpit when you preach.
Well .... that pretty much annihilates my ...... "the UPCI will look different 12 years from now than it does today" comment.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 03-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

But oh, those next two years will be a doozy!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:01 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Well .... that pretty much annihilates my ...... "the UPCI will look different 12 years from now than it does today" comment.
Felicity it will not look different in approach as the UPCI. It will look different when u go to a conference and won't see many of the landmark faces in the crowd.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Felicity it will not look different in approach as the UPCI. It will look different when u go to a conference and won't see many of the landmark faces in the crowd.
Even though this argument takes the wind out of the sails of many threads on this forum, I am afraid you are right.

Like I and others have said, the UPC is not going to split (which is really a 50-50 proposition) but it will splinter off bit by bit over a long period of time especially, and sadly when the baby-boomer preachers and pastors begin to retire or worse.

I am a bit too old for a long awaited change in the UPC to have any effect, however my daughter will most certainly experience a different organization if she/we are still a part of it....God help us...
Old 07-18-2018, 10:18 PM
Saved & Shaved

Re: Lets Get Ready to RuMbLE!! HANEY Vs. URSHAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARP
Like I and others have said, the UPC is not going to split (which is really a 50-50 proposition) but it will splinter off bit by bit over a long period of time especially, and sadly when the baby-boomer preachers and pastors begin to retire or worse.
Thoughts???
Old 07-19-2018, 03:26 AM
Covenant Apostolic

I was in an independent church before I joined one affiliated with the UPCI. My current church can/will stand with or without or in spite of the UPCI.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I was in an independent church before I joined one affiliated with the UPCI. My current church can/will stand with or without or in spite of the UPCI.
Amen I'm in agreement with this. But my church did move away from the UPCI. But organizations are a man made thing, that wasn't taught from the Bible. While they may of had a council, there was no minister organization fellowship. So I believe that would speak for itself. All will rise and all will fall, because its man design and not God's. My thoughts on the whole thing. I'm not saying ones better than the other, but I am saying this is a institution designed by man. Nothing man does in his own power can stand forever.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-19-2018, 08:45 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Amen I'm in agreement with this. But my church did move away from the UPCI. But organizations are a man made thing, that wasn't taught from the Bible. While they may of had a council, there was no minister organization fellowship. So I believe that would speak for itself. All will rise and all will fall, because its man design and not God's. My thoughts on the whole thing. I'm not saying ones better than the other, but I am saying this is a institution designed by man. Nothing man does in his own power can stand forever.
Paul said "follow me as I follow Christ"

And guess what, any man can fall. The Independent church I was a part of preached truth for 20+ years and then fell, so, ultimately my Pastor is the Lord Jesus Christ, my husband is in authority over me, and the local elders are to be obeyed in as long as they are preaching the bible.

If you idolize a man (or an org for that matter), when he/it falls, you could fall also.

Last edited by Amanah; 07-19-2018 at 08:59 AM.