Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 03-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Not riding the train

Re: Vice President Pence is Pentecostal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
When Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana was in college, he found himself admiring a gold cross hanging from the neck of his fraternity “big brother.”

The response he received left such a powerful impression that he would recall it decades later on the floor of Congress.

“Remember, Mike, you have got to wear it in your heart before you wear it around your neck,” Mr. Pence said his fraternity brother told him.

Soon after this exchange, at a Christian music festival in Kentucky, Mr. Pence took a very different sort of pledge from the one he had taken to join Phi Gamma Delta. “I gave my life to Jesus Christ,” he recalled years later, “and that’s changed everything.”

It was a decision that would redefine Mr. Pence, setting him on the path to becoming an evangelical Christian and one of the country’s most outwardly religious and socially conservative legislators.

But it also caused him to break with two institutions that had been central to the Pence family: the Roman Catholic Church and the Democratic Party.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/u...-religion.html
Wait until he is our President. We only think the Left really hates Trump. They will hate Pence more.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Wait until he is our President. We only think the Left really hates Trump. They will hate Pence more.
yes, because he is genuine
Old 03-27-2018, 10:05 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
yes, because he is genuine
I have some policy disagreements with him, but I am glad he addressed Joy Behar on her scathing insult to all Christians. An insincere apology, but she was forced to make it. The behind the scenes backlash was great.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Since when are Baptists NOT Evangelicals? And since when were Charismatics accepted as Evangelicals? They are despised among the Evangelicals I know.
Strict and Particular Baptists trace our roots to well before the Protestant Reformation with the Henricians, Wycliffites, Bogomils, Petrobrussians, Novstians, Paulicians, Albigensians and we Waldenses and Welsh Baptists dating to the first century (Ephesians 2). We were bitterly persecuted by much of Protestantism, not emerging from Rome. The Anabaptists were radical various groups separate from our period preferred term "Catabaptist." John Bunyan warned against the Anabaptists in his profitable sermon The Heavenly Footman.

Apparently, you are rather ignorant of the numbers in addition to history, friend, on this point. The terms are interchangeable between charismatics and evangelicals because New Evangelicals have so broadly accepted charlatanism or charis-mania since of the 623 million in the charismatic renewal, only 170 million are Romanists; the remainder represents New Evangelicalism. Dr DW Cloud notes in The Pentecostal-Charismatic Movements: The History & The Error the National Association of Evangelicals is overwhelmingly charismatic. You are classing all evangelicals the same which cannot be done, and historic Baptists as such, which is rank ignorance. Perhaps pursuant to Proverbs in the first and fourth chapters you ought to seek out wisdom.

See the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession, 1693 (Keach's) Catechism as well as Gadsby's Catechism for the summation of my doctrinal beliefs; I do not maintain filiation and spiration. I emphatically hold to all Five Solas also the Scriptural Law of Worship.

Gmchristianbooks.com
Old 03-29-2018, 07:41 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Doesn't he speak in tongues?
Forked tongues
Old 04-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Banned

I don't know why, but this thread reminded me of this YouTube that I listened to: