Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
This appears to be of the urban legend type of thing. History changes over time.
It is taught as history in Germany?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:29 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenod View Post
There is some guy in India, I'm told, that baptises in the name of William Marrion Branham. So I don't think it is a good idea to judge what William Branam said by what some people do!

Is Paul considered a woman hater ... some have obviously heard that idea, even if you haven't, Steve. For example:
Many have taken this verse and others within the Pauline Epistles and tried to make out that Paul was a chauvinist, a woman hater, than thus these verses are not inspired Scripture.
plenty more on google
William Branham hated immorality and condemned immoral women ... just like Elijah did... and just like John the Baptist did. The moral decline in women's behaviour in the last century is one of the signs of the times.

Kenod shows his hand. this post is very familiar to posts by other folk versed in that message who we have debated.

Kenod, reguardless of what you believe, I would personally appreicate you addressing the Elder in a more respectful manner.

It is common practice to use SE as short hand for a persons online name. Elder Epley, Brother Epley, Elder E. any of these are appropreate.

I hope you stay around, I have enjoyed the debate from time to time. maybe we can continue? it's good to see you again.

maybe we can discuss this notion that Adam was supposed to speak his children into existance. that might be fun!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Sister Alvear

I am a woman my friend but I would just like to add I translated M&D by WB for our preachers and most all he taught so they would know how to deal with it. I am not a debater and the only two subjects I have ever debated were Oneness and WB doctrine and that at the request of our ministers in times past.
I know Elder Epley can well take care of this subject I just want to add I personally seen many good men and women destroyed over WB doctrine.
I cannot judge him as a person for I personally only heard him a few times and I was young but his fruits are not Apostolic...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 08-18-2007, 10:53 AM
but made himself of no reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Kenod shows his hand. this post is very familiar to posts by other folk versed in that message who we have debated.

Kenod, reguardless of what you believe, I would personally appreicate you addressing the Elder in a more respectful manner.

It is common practice to use SE as short hand for a persons online name. Elder Epley, Brother Epley, Elder E. any of these are appropreate.

I hope you stay around, I have enjoyed the debate from time to time. maybe we can continue? it's good to see you again.

maybe we can discuss this notion that Adam was supposed to speak his children into existance. that might be fun!
kenod,
just wanted to share another opinion....
I would never address SE as anything other than Steve in my occassional posting to him. IMO, first names help keep everybody more friendly.

Elder, Brother, Reverand, Evangelist, when used as attachments in front of a given name is a man-made thing (humans love to apply labels). The practice is certainly not established in any general biblical witness. Labels tend to separate folks, kinda like clergy and laity does.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 08-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Sister Alvear

I use the word Elder as a sign of hih respect to Elder Epley. He is a humble man and I am sure he would not rebuke you for saying Steve but on the forum and in REAL LIFE to me he is Elder...
I call some people by their first name...but in the pulpit I address them however their people address them. (IN Rome do as the Romans)
I go to some places they call me Sister Alvear, Some call me Sister Janice and a few call me Janice, some Jan or Sister Jan, I went to one church and they asked Apostle Janice Alvear to come to the platform! Most people that know me well just call me missionary...not really so much as a title but a nickname...
It is true some people require you to use their titles, etc...usually these are the people that wish they really were what they require you to call them...

Elder Epley deserves our respect even though we might not agree on every jot however in my family he is respected as an Elder.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 08-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered Member

I certainly am NOT offended and I understand the mentality of the sincere folks who follow this heresy. I threaten everything they hold sacred since I have NO respect for Branham nor his message it really rubs them wrong. I don't care how did addresses me if he will answer the arguments. I understand this mught be the first time he is hearing some of this? I am NOT trying to be offensive but the things I am saying are very offensive within themselves because of their regard for Branham, since you cannot separate him and his message for he is their message. So I invite him to charge ahead.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

My point here is that i am pretty sure I know who this is and history means something.

the use of Elder E's first name is not one for the purpose of a level playing field. but thanks for adding the view pew.

I have always found you to be respectful thus would never challenge you. in this instance as I said, history means something.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenod View Post
The latter part may be what some "Branhamites" say, but what William Branham said was that the only qualification to be in the Bride was to receive the Holy Spirit.

The first part of your comment raises several questions:

1. Are there seven church ages?

2. Is there a messenger to each age?

3. Does Malachi 4:5-6 and Mat 17:11-12 prophecy an "Elijah" to come before the rapture?

Do you think the answer to any of those questions is "yes"?
1.No The seven churches of Asia ,were seven churches not seven church ages.
2.NO The Bible says nothing of Luther Or Wesley or anyone else being a church age messenger.
3. No John The Baptist did come in the spirit of Elias.John The Baptist warned the religionist of His day to flee the wrath to come.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Registered Member

The prophecy concerning Branham is NOT Mal. 4:5 or Rev. 10:7 it is Matthew 24 about false prophets.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Once a fellow told me Branham was the seventh angel in Revelation cause he had a sign over his head.