Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Registered

It's Time To Get Over It

It’s time to get over it and pray through this situation. Aren’t you people adults? So stop acting like a child who wants sympathy, and a pat on the back, and you want someone to tell you that it’s ok. You know it‘s not ok not to have a church. You say you’ve been hurt by your pastor, and pulled out of the UPC, or all church attendance anywhere. You hate all pastors everywhere because they are all liars you say. And now you can’t trust anyone else to pastor you, so find a church that teaches truth. All Pastors are not cut from the same mold. You need a church and you need a pastor. So stop being so childish and grow up. We can’t hold grudges folks. It’s time to get over whatever the problem is. After all, aren’t you people adults? You sound so childish by starting all these silly threads demeaning the UPC and all Pastors too. It’s time to get over it and Get In A Church Somewhere.

It’s OK with most people if your boss dictates what we should wear. I know plenty who dress in uniform in order to hold a job, but He’s paying us to do this. That makes all the difference. It’s ok if our Boss expects us to report to work on time, and follow some form of standard. And we tolerate it if he gets on our case occasionally, after all he pays our salary, and that makes all difference in the world. We are willing to do lots of things we may not like in order to hold a job, but you will not allow our Pastor to lead you to Jesus.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Coffee Ms. View Post
It’s time to get over it and pray through this situation. Aren’t you people adults? So stop acting like a child who wants sympathy, and a pat on the back, and you want someone to tell you that it’s ok. You know it‘s not ok not to have a church. You say you’ve been hurt by your pastor, and pulled out of the UPC, or all church attendance anywhere. You hate all pastors everywhere because they are all liars you say. And now you can’t trust anyone else to pastor you, so find a church that teaches truth. All Pastors are not cut from the same mold. You need a church and you need a pastor. So stop being so childish and grow up. We can’t hold grudges folks. It’s time to get over whatever the problem is. After all, aren’t you people adults? You sound so childish by starting all these silly threads demeaning the UPC and all Pastors too. It’s time to get over it and Get In A Church Somewhere.

It’s OK with most people if your boss dictates what we should wear. I know plenty who dress in uniform in order to hold a job, but He’s paying us to do this. That makes all the difference. It’s ok if our Boss expects us to report to work on time, and follow some form of standard. And we tolerate it if he gets on our case occasionally, after all he pays our salary, and that makes all difference in the world. We are willing to do lots of things we may not like in order to hold a job, but you will not allow our Pastor to lead you to Jesus.
The target is now on you.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Are you venting?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:27 AM
His word burns in my heart like a fire...Fire Fall Down

I think you've missed the point....it is the suggestion that wearing a mustache or beard or wearing short sleeves is sin....it's not about rebelling against dress codes.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

this will be fun to watch.... keep your responses objective folks....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Some people are so hurt that they cannot get over it.Have you ever considered that? I know church people who have been through so much
and I always say that somebody is going to be sorry come judgement day
for having hurt one of Jesus's little ones.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I'm over it and prayed through the situation.

Granted, it brought about nothing that you posted here -- but thanks for your concern, love, and empathy. Thanks for pointing out that which you feel is necessary for our salvation, I truly respect and honor the motive behind your post and I'll kindly respectfully disagree without pretense, anger, or frustration.

May God richly bless you and yours as you journey in this path.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
Some people are so hurt that they cannot get over it.Have you ever considered that? I know church people who have been through so much
I understand this completely. Scars are always a reminder. BUt even though we may never forget we still have to forgive. Right?

have your pets spayed or neutered
Bob Barker
Registered Member

Quote:
Some are victims of their own hurt and project that to others. They like being hurt it is their badge if honor and an excuse for not doing what they know they should do.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I think people can always get over it in some measure. What I don't like is people demanding that folks get over things on THEIR timetable because they don't want to hear about it.