Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:02 AM
La vie est un voyage

Re: Evangelist Bentley stepping down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
First of all Brother Ellis, Bentley needed to get repentence and the Holy Ghost before we could start dealing with issues of maturity. Considering yourself as one deals with another individual who has been over taken in a fault, requires that both need to be on the path of Truth. Not on the path of witchcraft and parlor tricks.

I don't understand this, if Todd Bentley was a Santeria High Priest you all would be praying that he gets saved, but since he wears a mask of Churchanity he is OK and just needs some prayer to get his home life straightened out?

Todd Bentley came from a rough background? What is that suppose to mean?
Brother Ellis, it has to be chapter and book that our lives are measured by, and not how bad our past was. Todd Bentley didn't have a life any more worse than a woman having to deal with a Charismatic preacher playboy.

Lakeland has always been a freak show. The Brownsville Assembly of God church is another sideshow from hell. When you drive by the place at night you can feel the weirdness.

Actions speak louder than words. I bet Todd's wife knows his heart and would like to plant a rolling pin upside his coconut

Have you ever heard of the smoking gun? Well, Brother Ellis, that is just what has happened. Mr. Todd has been having too many one on one Bible studies with the Cruzeematic ladies who have been writing him checks. Mr. Bentley has just been caught, and now he has to face the music. Bentley is just another in the long line of Un-Holiness preachers who after time have been exposed.

So, there may be water in a cess pool, but that still doesn't mean you can swim in it.

These are the same people who get stirred at a Benny Hinn crusade?

My lands, have you ever heard of emotions, men get teary eyed at the National Anthem being played. It doesn't mean that the Holy Ghost is moving.

People get all goosebumps at a Benny Hinn Crusade, and that guy is a full blown devil.

How about praying for the chap to get saved.

Well, he needs to get rebuked. You know what that is? That is what happens to a joker when he rips off nice people with the Bible, and sends those people down the wrong path. Brother Ellis, Todd Bentley needs to apologize to Jesus Christ and make it right by going to an Apostolic Pentecostal Church and getting prayed through until snot bubbles and tears flow. He needs to get the Holy Ghost and remove his little jewels that were more a gimmick than sincerity.

He used the look of our young and hustled Jesus like a vial of crack.
He played the people with his Ozzy Osborn look, while he slept with his Charismatic groupies.

The Word rebukes and exhorts, but the only way it exhorts us is when we stop the excuses and get right. No woman is over joyed when her husband cheats on her. She sure doesn't want the guy off the hook easy. Homeboy was feeling like a big man with the women, and it's his wife who is the one who suffers. Everyone is so worried about the joker with the lip ring, how about his wife who has just been robbed.

Call'em like you see'em Brother Ellis, and NEVER let a cheating man get off the hook easy. Because if he will rip off his wife and kids he will rob you also.
The man is one flesh with his wife, he is not one flesh with anyone else.
So if he will cheat on his own partner, he will not think twice with cheating with anyone else.

Todd Bentley doesn't have a ministry, his first ministry was to his WIFE, and children. While everyone else is feeling goose pimples with Todd, it's his wife who he was supposed to have his first RESPONSIBILITY AND LOYALTY.

If he couldn't take care of his position at home, he sure can't take of his position in the church.

Kicking a man while he's down, how about rebuking a man when he is CAUGHT! Bentley is sorry because of what he did, he is sorry because he was caught. The man is not down, the woman and the kids are down.

Todd Bentley and all those who use Jesus to make money and fame deserve everything they get.

Hopefully after these men get exposed they will turn from the path of death that they are on.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa
WOW Bro. Benincasa, how would you like to tell us how you really feel about the situation. I hope God doesn't appoint you to judge me any time soon. Bet the Apostole Paul is glad you wasn't around when he was converted. Sometimes we Apostolics are so Holy we become hateful. Yes, he is wrong but God is still able to save.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
WOW Bro. Benincasa, how would you like to tell us how you really feel about the situation. I hope God doesn't appoint you to judge me any time soon. Bet the Apostole Paul is glad you wasn't around when he was converted. Sometimes we Apostolics are so Holy we become hateful. Yes, he is wrong but God is still able to save.
A couple of points...

Paul repented and was converted. Bentley is a charlatan who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. How you can compare the two in an attempt to smear and condemn Brother Benincasa is beyond me. You aren't even making sense. Brother B or any other Apostolic preacher is ready to extend open arms to people converting and coming clean before God. There is no comparison between the two situations at all.

And by the way, the whole "we are so holy we are hateful" line is a tired old cliche the devil and a few spiritual retreads have sold Apostolics with inferiority complexes. You'd do well to get a new routine.

And who said God wasn't able to save? Are you just throwing out random statements that don't have anything to do with words written previously by the poster you are adressing?

About "Evangelist Bentley," anyone with a thimblefull of discernment had him figured out long ago.

I never cease to be amazed at the way some who identify themselves as Apostolics have boundless longsuffering for every charismatic yoyo that comes down the pike, and yet rush to judgment of their own brothers and sister--just like you did with Brother Benincasa.

Several years ago when Todd Bentley first came on the scene, I read about him and read some of his articles. I believe he was a sincere young man at that time with some good insights.

But somewhere along the way, he went totally wacko.

There is no way of proving this, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, he rejected greater revelation. As far off the beam into total depravity as he went, there almost had to be a rejection of truth at some point.

But I digress...

At any rate, I'm with Brother B...spare a little compassion for the betrayed wife, the wounded babies, and the disillusioned people who trusted in that wack job.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 12-21-2008, 04:01 PM
La vie est un voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
A couple of points...

Paul repented and was converted. Bentley is a charlatan who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. How you can compare the two in an attempt to smear and condemn Brother Benincasa is beyond me. You aren't even making sense. Brother B or any other Apostolic preacher is ready to extend open arms to people converting and coming clean before God. There is no comparison between the two situations at all.

And by the way, the whole "we are so holy we are hateful" line is a tired old cliche the devil and a few spiritual retreads have sold Apostolics with inferiority complexes. You'd do well to get a new routine.

And who said God wasn't able to save? Are you just throwing out random statements that don't have anything to do with words written previously by the poster you are adressing?

About "Evangelist Bentley," anyone with a thimblefull of discernment had him figured out long ago.

I never cease to be amazed at the way some who identify themselves as Apostolics have boundless longsuffering for every charismatic yoyo that comes down the pike, and yet rush to judgment of their own brothers and sister--just like you did with Brother Benincasa.

Several years ago when Todd Bentley first came on the scene, I read about him and read some of his articles. I believe he was a sincere young man at that time with some good insights.

But somewhere along the way, he went totally wacko.

There is no way of proving this, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, he rejected greater revelation. As far off the beam into total depravity as he went, there almost had to be a rejection of truth at some point.

But I digress...

At any rate, I'm with Brother B...spare a little compassion for the betrayed wife, the wounded babies, and the disillusioned people who trusted in that wack job.

Did I mention Hateful?
Old 12-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
Did I mention Hateful?
Nice dodge.

Hateful is a matter of opinion, a subjective thing, and not easy to accurately discern from written words on a computer screen.

I guess your utter refusal to address any of the points I made about your nonsensical is basically a tacit admission that you realize you just made a buch of baseless accusations and criticisms without much, if any, basis in logic.

That's cool. I can live with that.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 01-03-2020, 08:47 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

2008, since then nothing has changed. I bet it is still hotter than ever on Facebook.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Old 01-03-2020, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

The reason we are not having revival is because we are not KICKING PEOPLE IN THE FACE!

Sorry, not going to defend this lunatic.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
The reason we are not having revival is because we are not KICKING PEOPLE IN THE FACE!

Todd Bently is a nut. The bigger nuts were the ones following him and attending his meetings.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

If this guy were to kick my precious mother in the face, I absolutely would lay hands on him.

And I’m not necessarily talking about a religious experience.

Later, he could demonstrate the healing power of God.

By healing himself. He’s a liar. God didn’t tell him to kick an old lady in the face.

Aaaaand he didn’t do so. The only thing worse than a man acting like this, is a congregation that puts up with it, and even finds it entertaining.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:13 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
If this guy were to kick my precious mother in the face, I absolutely would lay hands on him.

And I’m not necessarily talking about a religious experience.

Later, he could demonstrate the healing power of God.

By healing himself. He’s a liar. God didn’t tell him to kick an old lady in the face.

Aaaaand he didn’t do so. The only thing worse than a man acting like this,
is a congregation that puts up with it
, and even finds it entertaining.