Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-14-2020, 04:25 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Chris Reed

I was curious about him so I looked him up on Facebook, noticed that he is friends with my Pastor. Sent him a friend request which he accepted.

Watched this message by him, and thought it very interesting

https://youtu.be/ETKZrWBSGW0

Last edited by Amanah; 05-14-2020 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:08 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I have a question. In the Bible, prophets either bluntly gave the word of the Lord, or, if they asked questions, they already knew the answers. On the other hand, psychics, mediums, and frauds (fake psychics, fake palm readers, etc), always ask questions, often leading questions. Kind of like an attorney doing a cross examination. The psychics and fraudsters and attorneys (and psychologists) use the answer to one question to lead into the next one. The client, mark, witness, or patient is always amazed at "how much insight the questioner has". Because it is the answers to the leading questions that give the practitioner the necessary clues for the next question. Basically social engineering.

So my question is, why does this guy seem to be using the latter methodology, rather than the former? Asking questions, I mean? "Is there a Fred on the line? I recall seeing a Fred? Okay, Fred, where are you at? What city? New York? Ok, okay... Uh... Ok.... Does the name "Joe" mean anything to you? Know anybody named Joe? Oh, you have a cousin named Joe? Okay, all right... What about... December? Ring any bells? I haven't any prior contact with Joe, folks... Oh, Joe was at a Christmas party and got indigestion? Okay, so... Okay... You know, Joe.... Has Joe been feeling down? Depressed? Worried? Oh, you say he's been upset about his finances? Okay, so... I'm thinking there's a weight issue? Maybe obesity.... Or some kind of health issue having to... What? He's diabetic? Okay, so I'm seeing some blood pressure problems... Yes? That's correct? " etc.

I'm genuinely asking why modern day prophets seem to operate so much like palm readers or George Popoff? Is it just me? Or does anyone else wonder these things as well?
I thought the same. Why the questions? That's a cold reading method

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:23 AM
Go Dodgers!

Essias, did you watch it?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:49 AM
Registered Member

Chris Reed prophesied in one of his videos that Stacy Abrams and Kamala Harris were getting ready to come into prominence. I dont remember which video at the moment. If it happens I will look it up.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:21 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Essias, did you watch it?
I watched part of it.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-17-2020, 02:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Chris Reed?

I’m glad I’ve been gone

COVID 19 and Chris Reed.

Yeah, good times!
Old 05-18-2020, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

Sorry guys, he's a good friend of mine and I believe he's sincere and used of the Lord.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-18-2020, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I thought the same. Why the questions? That's a cold reading method
Did you read my notes on the method that I posted earlier? Where does the bible say you cannot ask questions?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 05-18-2020, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

Also, we KNOW IN PART and PROPHESY IN PART.

1 Corinthians 13:9.. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

1 Corinthians 13:12.. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Jesus did not do so in PART like we do.

But if these things ought not be done, that defies Jesus' words after having told the woman at the well how many husbands she had, and telling Nathanael where he was before Philip came to him, saying these things shall ye do and greater.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Sorry guys, he's a good friend of mine and I believe he's sincere and used of the Lord.
If he's your friend and you believe he's legit, no need to apologize. Stay true to what you believe.

But also consider that initial skepticism is the default position of the Scriptures. We are to prove all things and only hold fast to that which is good, we are to test the spirits to see whether or not they are of God, and etc.

The challenge here then, as far as I can tell is, and always has been, when it comes to the Word of Knowledge gift, the Holy Spirit isn't the only spirit that knows things, and knows how to communicate those things to a willing vessel. As such, the Word of Knowledge gift is the one most easily exploited by an unholy spirit.

This is not to say that your friend is enthralled to an unholy spirit--I mean nothing of the kind--rather, it's why believers are not going to easily receive the veracity of such gifting, automatically, even if someone of your stature vouches for the one so gifted.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/