Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Re: WPF back to UPCI

uhmmmmmm?
Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Stranger in a Strange Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
A pastor earns love and respect, it can not be dictated.
Interesting post. I browsed an online christian ministry job site a few months ago and discovered a job position for an assistant pastor for a WPF church plant in my home town. The only job descriptions included were that the candidate needed to be obedient and submissive to the pastor (no joke).
It's crazy.

Last edited by Sabby; 12-13-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
we must pray for baptisms of love each day...forgiveness...life has lots of ups and downs...lots of people wanting to destroy each other...and our tendency as humans is to get so involved with things that look so big today but tomorrow they seem to look so small....
May God help us to have the right spirit in our pilgrimage....
I really like this Sis. Alvear - wonderful spirit that you have. As soon as we find a perfect man, maybe we'll find a perfect church, and we'll have a perfect organization and we'll all live "happily ever after.." NOT!!! None of us are perfect, and so such a thing will never be possible. The spirit Sis. Alvear spoke of will be what helps us find our way to heaven.... with or without an organization...
Old 01-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
The right wing is still well in place in the UPCI. They just lost those who wanted to be a bishop without having to go through the process of kissing enough preacher booty to get the votes on a district or general level.
ROFLMBO!!!!!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 01-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
ARE you serious????
As cancer.

Name-calling is the last resort of an exhausted mind.

When people have the facts, they argue the facts.

When they don't have the facts, they call names.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:36 PM

Cmon guys, does it really matter? We have guys like Letsgowinsouls, downs in areas where UPC churches call in preachers who aren't in the organization anymore and could care less about their backgrounds. Those lines have been blurred and in lots of cases, obliterated.

As evidence to what is happening in our city, it doesn't matter one single whit, the END will always justify the MEANS, whatever it takes...Go out and give beef jerky, ipods, fruit snacks, digital cameras to the impoverished so they will come to church. Sure it goes against every nerve of our ethics, but who gives a rip...it put butts in the seats. yay!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Cmon guys, does it really matter? We have guys like Letsgowinsouls, downs in areas where UPC churches call in preachers who aren't in the organization anymore and could care less about their backgrounds. Those lines have been blurred and in lots of cases, obliterated.

As evidence to what is happening in our city, it doesn't matter one single whit, the END will always justify the MEANS, whatever it takes...Go out and give beef jerky, ipods, fruit snacks, digital cameras to the impoverished so they will come to church. Sure it goes against every nerve of our ethics, but who gives a rip...it put butts in the seats. yay!
Forget the ipods. I am holding out for an ipad.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 01-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Forget the ipods. I am holding out for an ipad.
Me too CC1!!! Me too!!! In the words of that funny 'ole donkey in that sure-to-send-you-to-the pit movie: PICK ME, PICK ME, PICK ME!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

So WEC is giving out IPADS? So that's where all of the SFC money goes!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Old Fashioned Pentecost

Nope. Majority of UPC is already heading the wrong way. Sad story. They had one of the best evangelism worldwide efforts going in pentecost! Much of UPCI church's are starting to look & sound & have no power like many charismatics today.

But the CHURCH is still going up! The gates of hell shall not prevail