Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-26-2020, 07:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Nothing personal against Pastor Spell
but
I do think we should obey the laws of the land as far as possible. We are under a mandate NOT to open our churches for services and we are obeying...I only stated my personal opinion. I am praying no one catches this virus there among his people. He is a wonderful person and comes from a wonderful family.
Guess what sis, you take care of your people and let him take care of his people. He won't post about you, and you won't post about him.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Nothing personal against Pastor Spell but I do think we should obey the laws of the land as far as possible. We are under a mandate NOT to open our churches for services and we are obeying...I only stated my personal opinion. I am praying no one catches this virus there among his people. He is a wonderful person and comes from a wonderful family.
God bless you for complying. God bless Brother Spell for resisting. There is a time to obey and there is certainly a time to resist. Perhaps your compliance will give you a witness and souls will be won. Perhaps Brother Spell’s resistance will give him a witness and souls will be one. Let every Pastor prayerfully chose for himself the direction he will lead the church God has placed in his care. Certainly, if Brother Spell feels that this law is infringing on his and his church’s religious liberty, he has every right to resist it! If you do not feel the laws there are infringing on your religious liberty, then by all means, comply.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:23 PM
Registered Member

This is not an attack on the church. It is a community effort to avoid flooding the hospitals.
The assemblies can definitely have churches if they split in home groups or split the Sunday service in smaller many services on Sunday.
They can still have church and everything and be of good testimony to the community of doing good.

There is not need for mass gatherings in times like this. The point is not fear of death, but to help the community to not flood the hospitals.

Last edited by coksiw; 03-26-2020 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
This is not an attack on the church. It is a community effort to avoid flooding the hospitals.
The assemblies can definitely have churches if they split in home groups or split the Sunday service in smaller many services on Sunday.
They can still have church and everything and be of good testimony to the community of doing good.

There is not need for mass gatherings in times like this. The point is not fear of death, but to help the community to not flood the hospitals.
Why is Target still open for business then?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-26-2020, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Why is Target still open for business then?
Target does not gather hundreds of people on a compact space. In fact groceries stores with compact space are controlling at their door the number of people they have at once inside the store.

If the church is so crazy to go to the building, what about splitting the service throughout the day to have a smaller number if people at once?
Old 03-26-2020, 11:45 PM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
If the church is so crazy to go to the building, what about splitting the service throughout the day to have a smaller number if people at once?
I mentioned earlier in a post about having churches open for 24 hours. I don't suppose it is realistic for most churches to do this. But a possibility to consider in these strange times.

Some churches are having open prayer meetings where people can come and go.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Nothing personal against Pastor Spell but I do think we should obey the laws of the land as far as possible. We are under a mandate NOT to open our churches for services and we are obeying...I only stated my personal opinion. I am praying no one catches this virus there among his people. He is a wonderful person and comes from a wonderful family.
It sure did sound pretty personal
Old 03-27-2020, 12:04 AM
On the road less traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
That was a good interview by Spell and Dr. Phil.
I agree, a good interview.

Having everyone stay home for a 2-week period is tough to do, but for 2-weeks is doable.

I agree with a point Bro. Spell makes, but I think it would be better implemented after the 2-week quarantine period. People could then be screened by doctors/nurses before coming in the building, making sure they don't have a temperature. Have the elderly and immune-compromised folks to continue to stay at home until the virus runs out of steam.

Putting these guidelines in place for churches and large gatherings will no doubt be the next step of action once the bans for gatherings are lifted that we have now.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:46 AM
Sister Alvear

Here there is a 10 thousand dollar fine if we disobey!

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 03-27-2020, 01:38 AM
Registered Member

Forget the fines. Multiple deaths of members and those who we are supposed to be reaching out to with hope are real risks pastors should avoid.

Having church during a pandemic sends a clear message to the community: we don't care if you live or die.