Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Re: Do Branhamites?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeamOK View Post
Did he conjure up the Serpent Seed Doctrine? You might want to read Genesis 3:14-15.
(The Lord God said unto the Serpent......Thy seed)

Even if you would disagree with Bro. Branham on what the Serpent Seed is, I don't think you could say he conjured it up. Whatever it is, there is such a thing.
Serpent Seed Doctrine refers to the belief that Cain was a result of a sexual relationship between Eve and the Serpent.

The doctrine ignores (or contradicts) this scripture:

Genesis 4:1 "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."

From Wikipedia's article:

"William Branham taught that the fall of mankind resulted from Eve having sexual intercourse with an upright Beast whom Adam had named 'Serpent'"

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Serpent Seed Doctrine refers to the belief that Cain was a result of a sexual relationship between Eve and the Serpent.

The doctrine ignores (or contradicts) this scripture:

Genesis 4:1 "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."

From Wikipedia's article:

"William Branham taught that the fall of mankind resulted from Eve having sexual intercourse with an upright Beast whom Adam had named 'Serpent'"
Wow, this is crazy stuff! Now I've heard everything! I've never looked into this before and can only imagine where it might lead.

Thanks for bringing some sensible Scripture into this to help ice the fire.

Seriously, I'm stunned people believe in such bizzare doctrinal antidotes.

I did look at the Branham Web Site, and the beginning of this man is very twisted, and his apparent "Halo" or "Angel" that followed him from birth seemed intoxicated with dopey religiosity, leaving me with a "Yeah, right...Suuure, Uh Huh, HA!".

Sorry, I don't go for it, and I think the guy was a little too into himself.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotforSale View Post
Wow, this is crazy stuff! Now I've heard everything! I've never looked into this before and can only imagine where it might lead.

Thanks for bringing some sensible Scripture into this to help ice the fire.

Seriously, I'm stunned people believe in such bizzare doctrinal antidotes.

I did look at the Branham Web Site, and the beginning of this man is very twisted, and his apparent "Halo" or "Angel" that followed him from birth seemed intoxicated with dopey religiosity, leaving me with a "Yeah, right...Suuure, Uh Huh, HA!".

Sorry, I don't go for it, and I think the guy was a little too into himself.
Where the Serpent Seed Doctrine led, in particular, (or at least, of concern to me) was to a general disrespect for women that permeates many of WB's sermons. Those who argue against that fact simply haven't listened to his recorded sermons.

If you want to be disgusted and get really mad, look up some of WB's sermons online and listen to them all the way through! It's time consuming, but morbidly fascinating. It's no wonder people come away twisted and confused. The sermons about women and marriage are particularly irksome. (I don't remember the specific titles.)

Bro. Epley has a lot of info and insight into Branhamism--too bad he's not here. I'm sure you can go back and find some of the older conversations if you're interested.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 03-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

Hello everyone and God bless. I am a former follower of "The Message" of William Branham. I left the church about 4 years ago after being in it for roughly 12 years. I was looking for a nice apostolic women's message board to join through google when for some reason this message board came up and all of the Branham talk...and it caught my eye so I registered so that I could post because I have something to say. First of all, I am a female *gasp* and I CAN have my own opinions about things, believe it or not! One thing I would like to remind everyone here, and that is our ultimate goal is to make heaven our home...message believers DO love God! At least I would like to think that most of them do anyway. I have also felt, even when I was in the message church that we are ALL brothers and sisters in christ and should not put one another down but should lift one another up and encourage each other to the best of our ability, even though most message churches preach otherwise. I feel that this is pleasing to the Lord, don't you? I left the church for personal reasons...and as to questions about Brother Branham being a prophet, I have left THAT in God's hands. If he was...then so be it. If he was NOT...then God will deal with that as well. My goal is to make heaven MY home, and help someone else along the way if I can. BUT I will say THIS: we still have family in the church...if you people here are genuine Christians would you please PRAY for them instead of knocking them down for being what you call "branhamites?" they are still supposed to be your brother/sister in Christ remember that. You should be lifting people up instead of on message boards slandering and debating about it. Please check yourselves to make absolutely SURE that your every thought and action is pleasing to the LORD. IF and I say IF these Message people ARE in the wrong then they do need prayer...not to be made fun of, or condemned. We, as Christians need to stand in the gap for them and reach out to Christ Jesus on their behalf. When I left the church I was so scared that God would send me straight to hell, because of what was preached to me all of those years...we are told that if we left the church then there is nothing left for us...I am just now getting myself straightened out...and I still have some very bad days. if you people are very strong in the Lord then please pray for me too!!! Time is too short to debate...to hate...thank you for listening to me...I did not come here to cause any kind of trouble at all please believe me. In every denomination, in every walk of christian life you will find something that you do not agree with...but still we are brothers and sisters in Christ and we NEED each other to pray for one another and love one another...God bless you all and through HIS mercy and grace I will see you on the other side!!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitedove View Post
Hello everyone and God bless. I am a former follower of "The Message" of William Branham. I left the church about 4 years ago after being in it for roughly 12 years. I was looking for a nice apostolic women's message board to join through google when for some reason this message board came up and all of the Branham talk...and it caught my eye so I registered so that I could post because I have something to say. First of all, I am a female *gasp* and I CAN have my own opinions about things, believe it or not!
Was there something about the Branham church that you could not speak your mind being a woman?
Quote:
One thing I would like to remind everyone here, and that is our ultimate goal is to make heaven our home...message believers DO love God! At least I would like to think that most of them do anyway. I have also felt, even when I was in the message church that we are ALL brothers and sisters in christ and should not put one another down but should lift one another up and encourage each other to the best of our ability, even though most message churches preach otherwise. I feel that this is pleasing to the Lord, don't you? I left the church for personal reasons...and as to questions about Brother Branham being a prophet, I have left THAT in God's hands. If he was...then so be it. If he was NOT...then God will deal with that as well. My goal is to make heaven MY home, and help someone else along the way if I can. BUT I will say THIS: we still have family in the church...if you people here are genuine Christians would you please PRAY for them instead of knocking them down for being what you call "branhamites?" they are still supposed to be your brother/sister in Christ remember that.
We don't use the term "Branhamites" as a slur, but simply to designate that these are followers of William Branham's message. We don't knock them down, we do however disagree with their doctrinal views
Quote:
You should be lifting people up instead of on message boards slandering and debating about it. Please check yourselves to make absolutely SURE that your every thought and action is pleasing to the LORD. IF and I say IF these Message people ARE in the wrong then they do need prayer...not to be made fun of, or condemned.
If they are they need prayer AND they need to be informed.

Quote:
We, as Christians need to stand in the gap for them and reach out to Christ Jesus on their behalf. When I left the church I was so scared that God would send me straight to hell, because of what was preached to me all of those years...we are told that if we left the church then there is nothing left for us...I am just now getting myself straightened out...and I still have some very bad days.
A lot of Oneness churches, UPCs, are like that. That is a cultish practice. I don't know if all "Message" churches do that. Not all OP churches do. It's often just that pastor

Quote:
if you people are very strong in the Lord then please pray for me too!!! Time is too short to debate...to hate...thank you for listening to me...I did not come here to cause any kind of trouble at all please believe me. In every denomination, in every walk of christian life you will find something that you do not agree with...but still we are brothers and sisters in Christ and we NEED each other to pray for one another and love one another...God bless you all and through HIS mercy and grace I will see you on the other side!!!!
where are you going to church now?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitedove View Post
Hello everyone and God bless. I am a former follower of "The Message" of William Branham. I left the church about 4 years ago after being in it for roughly 12 years. I was looking for a nice apostolic women's message board to join through google when for some reason this message board came up and all of the Branham talk...and it caught my eye so I registered so that I could post because I have something to say. First of all, I am a female *gasp* and I CAN have my own opinions about things, believe it or not! One thing I would like to remind everyone here, and that is our ultimate goal is to make heaven our home...message believers DO love God! At least I would like to think that most of them do anyway. I have also felt, even when I was in the message church that we are ALL brothers and sisters in christ and should not put one another down but should lift one another up and encourage each other to the best of our ability, even though most message churches preach otherwise. I feel that this is pleasing to the Lord, don't you? I left the church for personal reasons...and as to questions about Brother Branham being a prophet, I have left THAT in God's hands. If he was...then so be it. If he was NOT...then God will deal with that as well. My goal is to make heaven MY home, and help someone else along the way if I can. BUT I will say THIS: we still have family in the church...if you people here are genuine Christians would you please PRAY for them instead of knocking them down for being what you call "branhamites?" they are still supposed to be your brother/sister in Christ remember that. You should be lifting people up instead of on message boards slandering and debating about it. Please check yourselves to make absolutely SURE that your every thought and action is pleasing to the LORD. IF and I say IF these Message people ARE in the wrong then they do need prayer...not to be made fun of, or condemned. We, as Christians need to stand in the gap for them and reach out to Christ Jesus on their behalf. When I left the church I was so scared that God would send me straight to hell, because of what was preached to me all of those years...we are told that if we left the church then there is nothing left for us...I am just now getting myself straightened out...and I still have some very bad days. if you people are very strong in the Lord then please pray for me too!!! Time is too short to debate...to hate...thank you for listening to me...I did not come here to cause any kind of trouble at all please believe me. In every denomination, in every walk of christian life you will find something that you do not agree with...but still we are brothers and sisters in Christ and we NEED each other to pray for one another and love one another...God bless you all and through HIS mercy and grace I will see you on the other side!!!!

God bless you! Love your spirit! Saw Bro, Branham in Dallas, in the early 60's, at Soul's Harbor Church where W. V. Grant was Pastor. Made a picture of Bro. Branham back stage. Do not have any stones to throw! Praying for you!

BeenThinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 03-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Bro. Phil Hawtin

Sister:
I too grew up in the Branham churches, my father was leader of one of the larger Branham fellowships in the US and Canada. I too have purposed in my heart to be saved and make it to the other side, and I have found that the best way to do that is to put nothing between myself and Jesus. God bless you and your sweet spirit.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Smile Re: Do Branhamites?...

Ms.Brattified ignores Genesis 4:2 Adam knew his wife once. Two sons born.

I wonder which doctrine appears to make more sense?

The fall was the result of a contamination of the original purpose as believed by the Branhamites or Eve ate an apple. Yeah, Eve ate an apple! That would explain why Jesus (As a man) was a creation of God, as was the first man Adam.

It's not something, I care to argue at all, but I want to emphasize that sometimes, things we accept at true, may seem weird to others.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeamOK View Post
Ms.Brattified ignores Genesis 4:2 Adam knew his wife once. Two sons born.

I wonder which doctrine appears to make more sense?

The fall was the result of a contamination of the original purpose as believed by the Branhamites or Eve ate an apple. Yeah, Eve ate an apple! That would explain why Jesus (As a man) was a creation of God, as was the first man Adam.

It's not something, I care to argue at all, but I want to emphasize that sometimes, things we accept at true, may seem weird to others.
Yo EYEAM

We call those TWINS!

Sorry, your argument does not hold water!

Try again!

The Bible says Eve ate of the fruit! Again, your little branhamite doctrine is twisting the word!
Old 03-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Yo EYEAM

We call those TWINS!

Sorry, your argument does not hold water!

Try again!

The Bible says Eve ate of the fruit! Again, your little branhamite doctrine is twisting the word!
Also If the serpent "knew" Eve then she was already pregnant before Adam knew Eve and bore Cain....hmmmm, yet Cain is not supposed to be the son of Adam but of the serpent? huh? Did someone flunk biology?

Adam is the father of Cain
Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife. And she conceived and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from Jehovah.

Not to mention, either Eve was on dope or this theology is a lie...she said she has gotten a man (Cain) from Jehovah!

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.