Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Buying A New Computer

I will be buying a new computer soon. I wanted to get some advice from some of y'all.
Does anyone have an all-in-one computer?
I will be using it at home, browsing AFF, paying my bills, FB, and game apps on FB. Like Farmville, etc.
I prefer Dell, but am not opposed to HP or other brands.
Prefer Windows 7.
How much memory should it have, and all the other RAM stuff that I don't know what it means....
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Buying A New Computer

I don't prefer ALL in Ones unless it is a laptop

What do you do if the monitor goes bad? Can you upgrade? How easy is it to repair?

Id rather have a box I can open up and work on if need be or upgrade than something that is built into a monitor

With Win7 no less than 3-4 Ram..the more the better

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

For one thing it would be all but impossible to buy a computer with less then 4 gigs at this point. Four, six, and eight are the standard sizes now. ALL of them will come with Windows 7.

I would definitely buy a desktop system with a separate monitor. As far as brands, I couldn't offer much advice unless I was physically walking with you through the computer store.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
For one thing it would be all but impossible to buy a computer with less then 4 gigs at this point. Four, six, and eight are the standard sizes now. ALL of them will come with Windows 7.

I would definitely buy a desktop system with a separate monitor. As far as brands, I couldn't offer much advice unless I was physically walking with you through the computer store.
It will be a desktop more than likely. Unless I can get a laptop cheaper, and use my old monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Most laptop screens are too small for me.

It will probably be at Best Buy and a Dell.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I don't prefer ALL in Ones unless it is a laptop

What do you do if the monitor goes bad? Can you upgrade? How easy is it to repair?

Id rather have a box I can open up and work on if need be or upgrade than something that is built into a monitor

With Win7 no less than 3-4 Ram..the more the better
Okay, I had decided against the all-in-one. 4+ RAM then, thanks.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

Get a Mac
Old 02-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Get a Mac
Sorry, I'm from Texas, all I know about are Big Mac's at McDonald's.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

Macs are the best!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Macs are the best!
Okay, thanks kevin.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Macs may be the best but they are very expensive. If you are on a budget you will need to stick to a windows computer.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"