Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Cross-examine it!

McCain Volunteering Wife For Topless Conte

"I was looking at the Sturgis schedule, and noticed that you had a beauty pageant, so I encouraged Cindy to compete," McCain told an audience at the rally. "I told her [that] with a little luck, she could be the only woman to serve as both the First Lady and Miss Buffalo Chip."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...-voluntee.html
Old 08-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Re: McCain Volunteering Wife For Topless Conte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
"I was looking at the Sturgis schedule, and noticed that you had a beauty pageant, so I encouraged Cindy to compete," McCain told an audience at the rally. "I told her [that] with a little luck, she could be the only woman to serve as both the First Lady and Miss Buffalo Chip."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...-voluntee.html
What does one expect from a senile old man? With all of the advisers around him you would think someone would tell him. Of course he would not listen he thinks he knows it all.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

I am going to wait until after the contest to decide whether I am voting for him!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 08-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
I am going to wait until after the contest to decide whether I am voting for him!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
What does one expect from a senile old man? With all of the advisers around him you would think someone would tell him. Of course he would not listen he thinks he knows it all.
You sound like a typical kool aid drinking liberal who spouts the Democrat talking points.

I am not a huge McCain fan but the man is not senile by any stretch of the imagination and I believe you know that.

I am constantly amazed how libs, since they cannot win on the issues, immediately resort to personal attacks.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Does anyone else think she looks like the ICE QUEEN on Narnia? She looks like a cold hearted woman to me
Old 08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Does anyone else think she looks like the ICE QUEEN on Narnia? She looks like a cold hearted woman to me
Some men are attracted to that type. Many years ago I worked with a young woman in her mid 20's who had that same exact look and demenaor.

I just thought she was an ice queen. Turns out she was having an affair with a married co worker right under all of our noses while she was engaged to be married!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
You sound like a typical kool aid drinking liberal who spouts the Democrat talking points.

I am not a huge McCain fan but the man is not senile by any stretch of the imagination and I believe you know that.

I am constantly amazed how libs, since they cannot win on the issues, immediately resort to personal attacks.
Yeah. Kinda like when political conservatives resort to such foolishness as calling Obama a murdering baby killer.

Also, McCain may very well be in the beginning stages of dementia. He does, afterall, forget what position he takes on an issue from one week to the next, and his campaign has had to let everyone know he doesn't speak for them. Yeah, McCain is sharp as a tack, alright. A worn out one!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Yeah. Kinda like when political conservatives resort to such foolishness as calling Obama a murdering baby killer.

Also, McCain may very well be in the beginning stages of dementia. He does, afterall, forget what position he takes on an issue from one week to the next, and his campaign has had to let everyone know he doesn't speak for them. Yeah, McCain is sharp as a tack, alright. A worn out one!
Rico,

I would come out just as strong against a conservative that would do that.

My experience is that most of the personal attacks and name calling comes from the liberal left because they are devoid of rational discussion.

Now it would be correct and accurate to discuss Obama's position on abortion which is that he is pro abortion and I have heard him with my own ears that if his daughters "made a mistake" they shouldn't be
"punished with a baby".

Your decription of McCain is just as off base as the post I responded to but if it makes you feel better go for it.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 08-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Rico,

I would come out just as strong against a conservative that would do that.

You either have not been reading these political threads, or are in denial that what I described is exactly what has happened around here when abortion has been dicussed.

My experience is that most of the personal attacks and name calling comes from the liberal left because they are devoid of rational discussion.

Oh, please! Do you know how much foolishness people have had to deal with concerning Obama? Everything from him being a secret Muslim to his name to his position on abortion.

Now it would be correct and accurate to discuss Obama's position on abortion which is that he is pro abortion and I have heard him with my own ears that if his daughters "made a mistake" they shouldn't be
"punished with a baby".

Being pro-choice is not the same as being pro-abortion, CC1. Obama has said he against abortion on a personal level, but does not believe in taking that choice away from women.

Your decription of McCain is just as off base as the post I responded to but if it makes you feel better go for it.
Brother, his own campaign said he doesn't speak for them. I am not making this up. He flip flopped on the tax issue the other day, while being interviewed, got called out because of it, and his campaign's response was that John McCain does not speak for his campaign.