Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Canadian Flavour
Facebook

Notices

Canadian Flavour FROM C2C ~The Canadian Corner~

Old 07-16-2007, 02:48 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

A certain preacher from NB who just resigned his church spoke at our service last night. He is an amazing speaker, what a message. Remember, your defeats can NEVER erase your victories!!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&J View Post
And I ask seriously, why not?

And maybe free land might be a big factor.
I am not arguing that it shouldn't be.

I am only wondering why that location was selected for a new campus.

Were any other locations considered?

I would agree that the free land should be a factor.

Will the demographic of the New Brunswick churches provide a sufficiently large pool of potential students over the next ten years, twenty years, . . .?

With the substantial changes in the exchange rate, will a school in a remote location be able to attract students from Ontario?

Indiana Bible College is about 500 kilometres closer to Toronto than the distance from Toronto to Fredericton, New Brunswick. Why would students from Ontario choose NB over the larger school in a more convenient location?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Will the demographic of the New Brunswick churches provide a sufficiently large pool of potential students over the next ten years, twenty years, . . .?
This is what I wondered too and never got around to asking the question to people who might have good answers. Too many things to talk about -- too little time.

I think the idea of a new school is wonderful. I hope it works out. I hope it's successful. If it comes anywhere near to being as successful as it has been in the past then that's a good thing.

It looks to me as if there is a good crop of young people still in the AD. And the AD being what it is and has always been I'm sure there are many consecrated young people who would be feeling the tug and pull of the Holy Ghost on their lives to give their lives for the sake of the Gospel.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 07-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
A certain preacher from NB who just resigned his church spoke at our service last night. He is an amazing speaker, what a message. Remember, your defeats can NEVER erase your victories!!!!
Will this message appear on the church web site? I went to take a listen and it's not there yet.

Your brief synopsis intrigued me as, on the surface, it would seem that a final defeat would in fact erase past victories. How about a little more explanation of the message.

While you're at it, why don't you give us country folk a brief explanation of the role of a "staff evangelist." Will he assume a part of the preaching load at the home church, or is it only an accountability arrangement?

On that topic. I would be interested in a bootleg copy of Pastor Pelet's performance in the pulpit at your parish. I can arrange for small unmarked bills if need be.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post
Will this message appear on the church web site? I went to take a listen and it's not there yet.

Your brief synopsis intrigued me as, on the surface, it would seem that a final defeat would in fact erase past victories. How about a little more explanation of the message.

While you're at it, why don't you give us country folk a brief explanation of the role of a "staff evangelist." Will he assume a part of the preaching load at the home church, or is it only an accountability arrangement?

On that topic. I would be interested in a bootleg copy of Pastor Pelet's performance in the pulpit at your parish. I can arrange for small unmarked bills if need be.
If you want a copy of Pastor Pellet's performance you will need to address your request to Pastor Pullet Ministries, from any other source it would indeed be a bootleg and subject to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.

A Stuffed Evangelist is what you have after a late dinner at the Diplomat.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

Anybody else hear about a certain pastorless church that had 3 water baptized this week and two teenagers receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Anybody else hear about a certain pastorless church that had 3 water baptized this week and two teenagers receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost?
No. That's great to hear!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
If you want a copy of Pastor Pellet's performance you will need to address your request to Pastor Pullet Ministries, from any other source it would indeed be a bootleg and subject to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.

A Stuffed Evangelist is what you have after a late dinner at the Diplomat.
LOL!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leaf View Post

Priceless!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Our experience and what I heard from Bro. Judd while we were involved in FM was that Canadians are generally responsible and consistent with their giving, one of the reasons why we didn't end up with a severe deficit problem after one term overseas. Our budget was deficient to start with and if it hadn't been for the steady consistent faithful giving of our Canadian PIMs it would have been a different story.

Oops. was just re-reading this and noticed it doesn't exactly make sense the way I wrote it.

Should have read .....

"Our budget was deficient to start with because it should have been set a couple thousand dollars higher than it was. If it hadn't been for the steady consistent faithful giving of our Canadian PIMs it would have been in major deficit after 4 years."