Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-12-2021, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trump 2nd Impeachment- 2 opposing views

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
The Democomms ALWAYS walk free. They are NEVER held to account. In all the years of trying to tie Trump to Russia as a traitor and spy, in all the first impeachment NONE were held accountable.

Thats why America is now "Amerika".
Lois Lerner, remember her?

Comey, Clapper, Brennan, McCabe, Rosenstein, and others ...

All lied under oath before Congress ... committed perjury and not one of them has been charged for it.

Jack and Mark were thought to have possibly committed perjury as well.

GOP doesn't care. The Democrats care only if it's the opposition. Had any of these been a conservative, the Democrats would have charged them immediately without any hesitation.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Lois Lerner, remember her?

Comey, Clapper, Brennan, McCabe, Rosenstein, and others ...

All lied under oath before Congress ... committed perjury and not one of them has been charged for it.

Jack and Mark were thought to have possibly committed perjury as well.

GOP doesn't care. The Democrats care only if it's the opposition. Had any of these been a conservative, the Democrats would have charged them immediately without any hesitation.
Unfortunately true.

When the Repubs talk about "fighting" they dont mean investigate, indict, charge, and lock up. They mean the little guy, the base of the party should roll up their sleeves, send more donations and knock on more doors. Keep those checks coming!

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 02-12-2021 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:46 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Unfortunately true.

When the Repubs talk about "fighting" they dont mean investigate, indict, charge, and lock up. They mean the little guy, the base of the party should roll up their sleeves, send more donations and knock on more doors. Keep those checks coming!
Exactly

They just now voted 55/45 to subpoena witnesses and documents. Graham, Collins, Murkowski, Sasse and Romney voting Yes!

Ugh! Stop wasting our money on an Unconstitutional endeavor!
Old 02-13-2021, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Unfortunately true.

Well, the GOP loves hearings and investigations. They like being able to express their outrage and creating video clips they can turn into social media and fundraising campaigns.

But actually doing anything other than that, no, they're a bunch of do-nothings.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Exactly

They just now voted 55/45 to subpoena witnesses and documents. Graham, Collins, Murkowski, Sasse and Romney voting Yes!

Ugh! Stop wasting our money on an Unconstitutional endeavor!
Odd that, after issuing a warning that calling witnesses will extend the trial, Graham waits until after all the votes are given to change his vote to a "yes."

Also funny that Schumer runs to the podium to declare absence of a quorum directly after said vote was completed with all Senators present and voting. Now Schumer has asked for a recess. This really threw a wrench in their plans.

I don't believe this is what Schumer really wants since it will undoubtedly extend the length of the trial by several days, if not weeks. Unless the Judge/Juror/Witness Leahy makes a corrupt ruling, the defense should be allowed to subpoena its witnesses as well. IMO this phase favors the Trump defense team. Again, this assumes Leahy doesn't do what Dems do best and change the rules to favor the Democrat House Managers.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:51 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Odd that, after issuing a warning that calling witnesses will extend the trial, Graham waits until after all the votes are given to change his vote to a "yes."

Also funny that Schumer runs to the podium to declare absence of a quorum directly after said vote was completed with all Senators present and voting. Now Schumer has asked for a recess. This really threw a wrench in their plans.

I don't believe this is what Schumer really wants since it will undoubtedly extend the length of the trial by several days, if not weeks. Unless the Judge/Juror/Witness Leahy makes a corrupt ruling, the defense should be allowed to subpoena its witnesses as well. IMO this phase favors the Trump defense team. Again, this assumes Leahy doesn't do what Dems do best and change the rules to favor the Democrat House Managers.
I did hear Graham say that if they want witnesses, they will bring in theirs as well. So, I am not surprised or disappointed by his change of vote.

It apparently worked.

Cruz also stated they would have Bowser and Pelosi subpoenaed. Must have spooked the Democrats. Trump didn’t have the authority to bring in the National Guard. Democrats lied about that.

Mike Lee is mad about something Ciclline lied about. We shall see. They are still up front huddled around with their masks. Lol
Old 02-13-2021, 11:55 AM
Not riding the train

Mike Lee withdrew his appeal.

Leahy saying new evidence is not permitted in closing arguments. References to new evidence will be stricken.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Not sure what happened with the witness issue.

During the recess, it appears both sides decided to just accept the written statement from the WA Rep without Trump's team requesting any further witnesses.

This seems to only have benefited the House Managers so I don't understand why Trump's attorneys agreed to it. Now the House Managers can reference this during all their closing arguments and, as Raskin has already done, claim that not even the Trump attorneys dispute it.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Seriously cannot understand why the Trump attorneys would agree to a compromise on witnesses that only benefited the House Managers and Democrats and only included the written statement by the WA Rep.

Here's what Lindsay Graham was saying:

"Graham: “It is my firm belief that the House Managers are trying to investigate the case AFTER it was brought to the Senate. It is better for the country to go to a final vote.

“However, if the body wants witnesses, I am going to insist we have multiple witnesses."

“We can start with Speaker Pelosi to answer the question as to whether or not there was credible evidence of pre-planned violence before President Trump spoke? Whether Speaker Pelosi, due to optics, refused requests by the Capitol Hill Police for additional resources like the National Guard?' he says.

“Her testimony is incredibly relevant to the incitement charge,” he says."

Speaker Pelosi SHOULD have been subpoenaed, put under oath and given those important questions.

Jack Posobiec is claiming on Twitter than Trump requested 10,000 National Guard troops when the violence first began and was denied by the Pentagon. I find this claim hard to believe, since none of the Trump attorneys have brought it up to rebut the accusations from the House Managers today that Trump did nothing but revel in the actions at the Capitol.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:54 PM
Not riding the train

None of that matters, Trump will be acquitted.

Michael Van Der Veen - "Before I start my prepared closing, I really want to clean up a few things from the mess that was the closing of the House Managers. I do not want to ruin my closing, because I think the ending pretty good."

Trump attorney - They didn’t talk about Due Process. They Didn’t mention the US Constitution.