Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-14-2021, 10:57 AM
Banned

Re: I'll Say It Again - IT'S OVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Does Satan get his head bandaged after the 1,000 years are finished?
No. he will be sent to a lake of fire to burn eternally.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Mike, you sure hate the name of Jesus. For a guy who couldn't have a conversation in Hebrew, Aramaic, or Yiddish. You sure love to not say the name above all names. But I have exhausted that argument with you plenty of times before.
And you are always proved a liar. Of the times I have spoken of the Messiah on this forum it would be in a ratio of 500 to one times I have written the name of Jesus as compared to Yeshua.

Anyone can read my posts and see. Although it certainly is nothing to be ashamed of to call Jesus by his Hebrew name. I find it a joy!

Quote:
We are a kingdom within a nation, yet other forms of Christianity while believing that, also ended up converting a Pagan world. Which ever way they did that, the main thing is that the Bible blanketed the whole world. influencing governments around the world.
Now this surprises me coming from you. You seemed to have consistently thrown all other "forms of Christianity" into Hell. If one were not baptized in Jesus name filled with the Spirit with tongues following and believing Jesus is the Father they had no hope of salvation and were nothing but devils.

Now when it touches your "eschatology" you SEEM to be saying that the Catholics and Protestants were really Christians after all! I mean how many nations were converted into the Acts 2 mode? I think I recall one African nation a few decades ago where the President may have been "Apostolic".

One would be hard pressed to find ANY NATION where the king or Pres spoke in tongues. Yet you are saying they converted the world.

America might be the closest one could point to. Not that it was ever a CHRISTIAN NATION. Indeed if "Apostolic" can only be defined as you have many times on this forum where Trins who speak in tongues are routinely called "witches" and other names the case for America being a CHRISTIAN NATION is very small indeed.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 01-15-2021 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The rock strikes the image in the feet and it collapses and the rock consumes the earth. Yet, all Christians believed they had already done this, because they already lived in a world which everyone from Spain to Jerusalem was Christian.
Again this is outrageous. What world are you referring to where EVERYONE WAS A CHRISTIAN?

Spain? Were the Muslims who ruled over it for hundreds of years Christians? And when the Muslims did not rule over it were the Catholics Christians?

Those Catholics who killed millions because they refused doctrines such as Trinity, infant baptism, Mary worship ect?

And if everyone in Jerusalem were Christians who killed the Apostles and why? Is everyone in Jerusalem today a Christian?

Where are you getting your new beliefs?
Old 01-15-2021, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
We are seeing a change in that mindset of late. Since President Trump had brought it to the forefront. Christians in government and in the citizenry saw hope to reverse what was once put in place. Reaction from Christians caused partial birth abortion to be reversed and banned. So, while you look towards a darker day, some don't have your world view and try to change some things.
But since Trump became Pres Planned Parenthood is getting twice the federal funding they got under Obama.

My worldview? That Jesus is coming again? That until then we are to obey him in all things? That is my worldview.

The "Preterists" worldview is very hard to find as one can ask them over and over what it is and never get an answer!

Since in their view Jesus came in 70ad we have no idea who we are. I have asked that question many times.

Since they have no answer all we can do is guess that in the PRET worldview we must be the people alive at the end of the thousand year reign when satan is out trying to deceive the nations.

Jesus came 2 thousand years ago. The millenium has come and gone. Christ was reigning over the nations for 1000 years of glorious peace! Now we who have outlived the 1000 years are fighting as the devil tries to deceive Gog and Magog.

NOT A WORLDVIEW TO GET EXCITED ABOUT.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
But since Trump became Pres Planned Parenthood is getting twice the federal funding they got under Obama.

My worldview? That Jesus is coming again? That until then we are to obey him in all things? That is my worldview.

The "Preterists" worldview is very hard to find as one can ask them over and over what it is and never get an answer!

Since in their view Jesus came in 70ad we have no idea who we are. I have asked that question many times.

Since they have no answer all we can do is guess that in the PRET worldview we must be the people alive at the end of the thousand year reign when satan is out trying to deceive the nations.

Jesus came 2 thousand years ago. The millenium has come and gone. Christ was reigning over the nations for 1000 years of glorious peace! Now we who have outlived the 1000 years are fighting as the devil tries to deceive Gog and Magog.

NOT A WORLDVIEW TO GET EXCITED ABOUT.
The futurist world view is the world is getting worse and worse. The preterist world view is it is getting better and better. Jesus said it will get worse and worse though.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
The futurist world view is the world is getting worse and worse. The preterist world view is it is getting better and better. Jesus said it will get worse and worse though.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Jesus said the world WILL get worse and worse? And I suppose the church will, too? Where exactly did He say this? Either you or your rapture cult buddy can take a stab at answering...

Talk about an eschatology about which not to get too excited!

Meanwhile, some of us are going to believe the Scripture:

Matthew 22:2-14 KJV
The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, [3] And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. [4] Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. [5] But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: [6] And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. [7] But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. [8] Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. [9] Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. [10] So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. [11] And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: [12] And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. [13] Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. [14] For many are called, but few are chosen.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-16-2021, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
Well, not really accurate on some preterist views.

I have looked all the various eschatological views and the dispensationalist / futurist view is the most discouraging one that I can see exists.

Lets see, in D/F we see things get worse and worse until the end comes. So no matter how bad things are it only going to get worse. Only a few, (Puny in number) are going to be saved and it's probably not you so give up! God is great and powerful but He is going to make you life get worse and worse.

What is funny is, most men that profess this doctrine don't really believe it because their actions prove otherwise. Let me explain.

They say that the beast / antichrist is going to take everything in just a few days or hours or something, but they continue trying to build bigger and bigger churches, drive newer cars, build bigger houses, but it's all ending tomorrow or the next day!

This is such a wonderful encouraging message, no wonder I didn't stay with it! (Sarcasm) not to mention that it is Scripturally incorrect.

I mean, if I was a D/F it would almost be better to just get the HG and then have someone just shoot me in the head, I would be saved and not have to see things get worse and worse.....

HISTORICIST is a little better...

At least a H see that Matt 24 is mainly for Jerusalem. They see that there is a fulfillment throughout the last 2000 years of prophecy. They are able to reconcile that we just might be here for a while longer not believing in the eminent physical return of the Lord but see it as an individual basis. At least there is some hope coming here that things will be getting better as a new day dawns.

PRETERIST

Some preterists are good baptists, these ones are toast.

Others, like myself and others, see a system similar to the historist. It is a systematic pattern of blessings for those that follow righteousness and judgment for those who reject righteousness. This happens on an individual basis and on a national level as well.

This view has hope because God has a way of keeping his children even though the world is falling apart around them.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont.preterist View Post
Well, not really accurate on some preterist views.

I have looked all the various eschatological views and the dispensationalist / futurist view is the most discouraging one that I can see exists.

Lets see, in D/F we see things get worse and worse until the end comes. So no matter how bad things are it only going to get worse. Only a few, (Puny in number) are going to be saved and it's probably not you so give up! God is great and powerful but He is going to make you life get worse and worse.

What is funny is, most men that profess this doctrine don't really believe it because their actions prove otherwise. Let me explain.

They say that the beast / antichrist is going to take everything in just a few days or hours or something, but they continue trying to build bigger and bigger churches, drive newer cars, build bigger houses, but it's all ending tomorrow or the next day!

This is such a wonderful encouraging message, no wonder I didn't stay with it! (Sarcasm) not to mention that it is Scripturally incorrect.

I mean, if I was a D/F it would almost be better to just get the HG and then have someone just shoot me in the head, I would be saved and not have to see things get worse and worse.....

HISTORICIST is a little better...

At least a H see that Matt 24 is mainly for Jerusalem. They see that there is a fulfillment throughout the last 2000 years of prophecy. They are able to reconcile that we just might be here for a while longer not believing in the eminent physical return of the Lord but see it as an individual basis. At least there is some hope coming here that things will be getting better as a new day dawns.

PRETERIST

Some preterists are good baptists, these ones are toast.

Others, like myself and others, see a system similar to the historist. It is a systematic pattern of blessings for those that follow righteousness and judgment for those who reject righteousness. This happens on an individual basis and on a national level as well.

This view has hope because God has a way of keeping his children even though the world is falling apart around them.
The "worse and worse" we futurists speak of is the sinfulness of mankind, not our standard of living.

Mankind is involved in legal mass murder at an unimaginable scale(abortion), while driving Tesla's etc.

Mankind has manipulated original Christianity into the abyss.

Etc.

Seemingly, no consequences yet.

But wait, the Great Tribulation must come, lest God must apologize to the pre flood world and Sodom for being too harsh. A precedent has been set by God, and the world is facing extreme judgement, such as the world has never seen.

This judgement on mankind is designed to purify the sinners that are able to survive it and prepare them for the Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ. This event will never be forgotten after it occurs. Even the city of Rome will be destroyed and left in ruins for the entirety of Christ's earthly reign as a memorial to the wrath of God on wicked man.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Jesus said the world WILL get worse and worse? And I suppose the church will, too? Where exactly did He say this? Either you or your rapture cult buddy can take a stab at answering...

Talk about an eschatology about which not to get too excited!

Meanwhile, some of us are going to believe the Scripture:

Matthew 22:2-14 KJV
The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, [3] And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. [4] Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. [5] But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: [6] And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. [7] But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. [8] Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. [9] Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. [10] So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. [11] And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: [12] And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. [13] Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. [14] For many are called, but few are chosen.
If this is representative of an end time view it would be the same as mine. Jesus is calling men to his supper. They refuse and make light beating, shaming, and killing his servants.

Jesus comes and destroys them. The "positive" to the story is the wedding.