Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Banned

Re: To God Be The Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's my understanding that Joel has gone from oneness to twoness?
After reading "To God Be The Glory", I think Joel is a true oneness believer in the sense of one God, the Father who has a Son separate and distinct from Him. Oneness in the sense of one mind and accord between Jesus and His Father, but not Jesus being the one true God, the Father.

I quote from the book......

"Does Jesus have a God? Yes! Now, may I ask, Is Jesus your God, or is Jesus' God your God? God is waiting for your answer!"

Personally, my answer to that question is that Jesus' God is my God.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerman View Post
This gives a good starting place.

http://www.trumpetcallbooks.com/Glory_Response.html
He sounds like a Biblical Unitarian.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 06-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's my understanding that Joel has gone from oneness to twoness?
He simply points out the One God of the Bible..the Father!..who is Spirit..who is One..who sent His Son to die for the sins of the world
Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin
Not so! He is probably more oneness than anyone else. Contact him. He's is more than willing to share with anyone his beliefs. His book is very detailed in where he stands. Many oneness and trinitarians are in agreement with what he is saying.

BT
Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
How so?
Don't know if I understand your question. I have talked with Joel and he has shared with me many different ministers from UPC and from the AOG, as well as other denominations, that have said he had it just right.

I've found Joel's spirit very kind and not argumentative. He believes what he believes and is ready to share with anyone that wants to hear him out. And as I said earlier, a lot of questions that are discussed on AFF Joel deals with. You might not agree with him but he does give history and scriptures to back up his theology.

I would encourage anyone to first read his book before you draw any conclusions as to what he has or has not become. Feel free to call him if you want to know anything about his book. He will talk to you.

BT

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 06-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin
Not so! He is probably more oneness than anyone else. Contact him. He's is more than willing to share with anyone his beliefs. His book is very detailed in where he stands. Many oneness and trinitarians are in agreement with what he is saying.

BT

Don't know if I understand your question. I have talked with Joel and he has shared with me many different ministers from UPC and from the AOG, as well as other denominations, that have said he had it just right.

I've found Joel's spirit very kind and not argumentative. He believes what he believes and is ready to share with anyone that wants to hear him out. And as I said earlier, a lot of questions that are discussed on AFF Joel deals with. You might not agree with him but he does give history and scriptures to back up his theology.

I would encourage anyone to first read his book before you draw any conclusions as to what he has or has not become. Feel free to call him if you want to know anything about his book. He will talk to you.

BT
I have spoken to Him and like you said He is a kind and not at all argumenttative..I agree with most of what His book teaches but not all..It is true there are Trinitarians and even Oneness pastors who have and are seeing this..it is hard to argue against the truth..
Old 01-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Registered Member

Yes I give God glory for every September 11. I do not give glory to the disaster that happened but for the many who cared like the police, firefighters, etc. I give Him Glory for the many who did not make it into the building that day and lived. In every bad day there is good if we look for it.