Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 04-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Banned

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

Dead? Elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Trini View Post
Or perhaps you "choose Islam" because you will considered dead by other members of your family, or friends, or loves?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Dead? Elaborate.
Based upon the other Muslims who have renounced Islam and embraced Christianity (or even become atheists like Ibn Warraq), you would be considered dead by those closest to you and shunned by even members of your own family. I believe there's even a verse (or more) in the Koran/Quran that speaks of such a thing. It's a mental game of torture that only the strongest can survive, and works very effectively.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
No matter who I am, or you are, or which book it is taken out - all of us will be judged at the end according to our deeds. Nobody else's truthfulness or lack thereof will matter a wit.
True. But there is only one way. Not all paths lead to the same end.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
(laughing) Do you really, actually believe that? I see THOUSANDS of muslim women every day and I have never seen a stoning. In fact, if someone bothers them the person who bothers them is immediately detained.

There is more talk of stoning on this site then there is where muslim women actually live (laughing)
You mean kind of like when the leader of Iran says there are no homosexuals in Iran (of course not. If there are, they're all stoned to death). What about the women who are caught in adultery? Only they're stoned, but not the men. It takes two to tango.
Do you really believe that if you see a woman's ankle, knee or chin, you'll suddenly be thrown into a torrential web of sin? Women have that much power in Islam, and somehow the men are mindless in their midst?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 AM
La vie est un voyage

Quote:
Dead? Elaborate.
Is this the peace loving, understanding Muslims You have been talking about? Seems to me the good old U.S.A isn't so bad after all.

In Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim country and one traditionally renowned for its religious toleration, terrorists bombed churches in 18 cities, killing scores and wounding hundreds. Violence against the Christian minority has steadily continued over the past decade." As an example, he cited the beheadings of three Christian teenage girls in Sulawesi in late October. International Christian Concern's Jeff King brought photos of the incident; the girls' heads were left at a church, each with a note that vowed, "We will murder 100 more Christian teenagers and their heads will be presented as presents."

In Egypt Christians are treated as "second-class citizens" under state-sponsored discrimination and actively persecuted by Islamic militants apart from the government. He cited the week-long riot in October against St. George's Coptic Church in Alexandria by a 10,000-strong mob incensed by rumors of blasphemy.

Christians face repression in Iran. Tehran's tyrannical President Ahmadinejad met with 30 provincial governors and reportedly declared, "I will stop Christianity in this country," avowing to shut down the country's growing house-church movement.

In Saudi Arabia, Christians, a large percentage of the foreign workers making up a quarter of the population, will not be able to find any churches whatsoever to worship in. Churches are forbidden. Dozens of those who pray together in private houses were arrested and jailed earlier this year. This fanatically intolerant kingdom even forbids Muslims, under threat of death, to wish a Christian "Happy Holidays," much less "Merry Christmas."

Last Christmas in Iraq, St. John's Church near Mosul was attacked. Assyrian cultural expert Eden Naby described the scene: "The Mass begins. It is cold inside the stone church. Suddenly you hear automatic fire. The doors fly open. The Christian guards are shot, and in march armed Kurdish Peshmarga who shoot up the church, beat up the priest and drive the parishioners cowering home." In prior months, other churches in southern Iraq had been bombed by Islamic militants, some during worship services. Though the terror came from two different sources, in each case the purpose was the same to intimidate and force out the ancient Chaldo Assyrian Christian community.

Yousaf Masih, a 60-year-old illiterate janitor from northwestern Pakistan, is among those under arrest for "blasphemy" because he allegedly burned a Koran. As Paul Marshall of the Center for Religious Freedom recounted, three weeks ago in Sangala Hill, after word of his case got out, mobs destroyed three churches, a convent, a Christian school, and Christian homes. Last week a militant mob rallied to demand Masih's public hanging and the eradication of the entire Christian community there.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Banned

I guess that depends on where you live in the good ole USA doesn't it?

http://newsbusters.org/node/9932
Old 04-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Banned

Or not. Why don't you guys try to get this down before you look overseas and wail about what happens there?

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm
Old 04-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
I guess that depends on where you live in the good ole USA doesn't it?

http://newsbusters.org/node/9932
Quote:
Or not. Why don't you guys try to get this down before you look overseas and wail about what happens there?

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm
I doubt that the murder rates in large cities in the USA have anything to do with religion or the persecution of Muslims. Most murders are committed by the unchurched, and have more to do with domestic violence, drugs and drug trafficking.

The truth is that in countries where the Muslim fallacy is dominate, they are intolerant of Christians. If you speak of toleration of Muslims in the USA, it's like comparing an ant to an elephant!

I'm sorry, but I can take only so much talk about religious myths like the Muslims faith concerning so-called "Allah" and his so-called "Prophets" before I'm ready to throw up!

Why don't you spend your time on terrorist forums that will be more receptive to your false god?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Banned

I'm quite sure that the murder rates back home have a great deal to do with both godlessness and the tolerance by a so-called 'christian society' for godless acts. A billion Muslims worldwide - and you manage to scratch up a few articles about a few scraggly criminals overseas while overlooking tens of thousands who get killed right in your own community. Do choose to be a hero and clean up your streets before you look overseas to clean up ours (which are, btw, apparantly safer for little children than your sunday school classes judging by the recent news). Perhaps I'll move back home to the good ole USA after they are cleaned up. Thank you for the invitation to leave. It is graciously declined. I got kicked around in Jesus name enough to have earned a seat here.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Banned

Do I believe that? Of course not. Do I believe that lust is sinful? I was taught that way before I knew anything about Islam. Do I believe in homosexuality? I hate the thought. Do I think they should be stoned? No. Do I believe they should be given any special rights or do I believe in homosexual marriage? No. Do I have a problem with public execution of drug dealers, murderers, child molesters, and thieves? Not always. By stoning? Interesting.....but not really lol. Do I believe adultery is wrong? Yes. Do I believe in stoning for it? No. Do I believe in repentence for it? Yes

Remember Islam teaches from the Quran, the Torah, and for the most part the writings of the old testament prophets. The penalties come from that time. Do I personally support those penalties? Sometimes. Do I believe that these should be tempered with mercy? Yes. Do I think that mercy is both taught and required in Islam but too often missing with those who are tasked to enforce the laws? Yes

Your Lord hath inscribed for Himself (the rule of) mercy: verily, if any of you did evil in ignorance, and thereafter repented, and amend (his conduct), lo! He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

“The merciful are shown mercy by the All-Merciful. Show mercy to those on earth, and He Who is in heaven will show mercy unto you”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Trini View Post
You mean kind of like when the leader of Iran says there are no homosexuals in Iran (of course not. If there are, they're all stoned to death). What about the women who are caught in adultery? Only they're stoned, but not the men. It takes two to tango.
Do you really believe that if you see a woman's ankle, knee or chin, you'll suddenly be thrown into a torrential web of sin? Women have that much power in Islam, and somehow the men are mindless in their midst?