Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 12-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

Re: Temporary Marriage???

i still belive its death till we part ,i been married for almost 36 years to the same woman and am glad i have been ....many have forsaken this and things happen..but i believe it is the perfect will of god ..
Old 12-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor RICK View Post
i still belive its death till we part ,i been married for almost 36 years to the same woman and am glad i have been ....many have forsaken this and things happen..but i believe it is the perfect will of god ..
I too believe it is the perfect will of God. Sadly, this is a fallen world.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
...In Shia Islam both parties walk away at the contracted end of the marriage and move on.
Ah, and so the camel is hamstrung, regardless--just like a Christian might grieve the Holy Spirit. I'm finding parallels to the OT 'this was(is) allowed because of your hardness of heart' paraphrased.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Banned

We weren't actually asking what you believe or think but thank you for sharing.

Although you probably do believe that personally and for yourself, it is not uncommon among oneness pastors to advise believers in their church to divorce their unbelieving spouses. The wreckage such teachings leaves behind can be devastating to those affected by it.

One example of this common practice pulled randomly from "sheikh google":

"I was in and out of the church in my younger years. I married a non-member and stayed married for over a decade. Every year I was married my preacher preached that Christians who marry non-members are suppose to divorce in order to repent. I did, never believing that I would do it again, but I did, my husband got baptized, but he doesn't believe the church of Christ is the true church. He doesn't believe that there are three in the Godhead. He believes it's one God with three jobs."

I'm just gonna say that you and your colleagues should probably apply your personal beliefs towards those you are charged to teach.

What say you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor RICK View Post
Old 12-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
We weren't actually asking what you believe or think but thank you for sharing.

Although you probably do believe that personally and for yourself, it is not uncommon among oneness pastors to advise believers in their church to divorce their unbelieving spouses. The wreckage such teachings leaves behind can be devastating to those affected by it.

One example of this common practice pulled randomly from "sheikh google":

"I was in and out of the church in my younger years. I married a non-member and stayed married for over a decade. Every year I was married my preacher preached that Christians who marry non-members are suppose to divorce in order to repent. I did, never believing that I would do it again, but I did, my husband got baptized, but he doesn't believe the church of Christ is the true church. He doesn't believe that there are three in the Godhead. He believes it's one God with three jobs."

I'm just gonna say that you and your colleagues should probably apply your personal beliefs towards those you are charged to teach.

What say you?
Lol.. I agree with the husband guy too!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Lol.. I agree with the husband guy too!
LOL you may be stunned - but - so do I