Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Charlottesville, Trump, GOPe and Pentecostals

I had to stop reading Twitter, I was becoming so angry. All the tweets from spineless GOPe politicians, falling over each other to score political points by criticising the POTUS over his denouncing of alt-right extremists. Most are out right lies, claiming Trump didn't clearly denounce the groups.

Then I'm reading through FB and see this post from a UPC person, who's black, ranting against white Pentecostals for voting for Trump. When someone posts Trump's statement denouncing white supremacists and neo Nazis, the dude gets even more mad, responding in all caps.

From then on, replies are mostly black vs white, with such anger.

These are supposed to be brothers, and yet they're arguing over if Trump was clear enough or not. A couple even mentioned this as an example why the PAW formed, because whites don't admit to racism.

I'm angry. I'm sad. I'm sick of all of this division. I'm tired of the media and politicians trying to implement a silent coup.

It's bad enough to hear coworkers argue and read the news. Now we have Pentecostal/Apostolic brethren fighting over race. We do not well.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Charlottesville, Trump, GOPe and Pentecostals

There's no guarantee anybody on Farcebook is actually a real person and not one of the MILLIONS of online social network personas created by companies AND GOVERNMENTS. Unless you know this person, personally, in some way, all bets are off.

One thing I've discovered is that internet was created for the purpose of creating a virtual reality. It is designed to create an ILLUSION of how people think. It usually does NOT conform to actual, in the flesh, meat space reality.

In other words, it is DESIGNED TO MAKE YOU THINK THAT THINGS ARE A CERTAIN WAY, to make you FEEL and BELIEVE certain things.

Reality is not tweets and blog posts. Reality is you talking, face to face, with your neighbours. NEVER FORGET THAT.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-16-2017, 03:55 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Hypocrisy: If they do it, then it is wrong. If my side does it, then it is all right. What President Trump did was denounce both the alt-right and the alt-left. When this happened, the liberal hypocrisy went ballistic, because they can do no wrong. I am staying away from the entire political nonsense, and am doing what the Scriptures teach, praying for my leader and President. To me, he is doing a great job of working to undo eight years of liberal bias and tyranny against America, and I support him. But, my hope is not in him, but is in Jesus!

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify
Old 08-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
There's no guarantee anybody on Farcebook is actually a real person and not one of the MILLIONS of online social network personas created by companies AND GOVERNMENTS. Unless you know this person, personally, in some way, all bets are off.

One thing I've discovered is that internet was created for the purpose of creating a virtual reality. It is designed to create an ILLUSION of how people think. It usually does NOT conform to actual, in the flesh, meat space reality.

In other words, it is DESIGNED TO MAKE YOU THINK THAT THINGS ARE A CERTAIN WAY, to make you FEEL and BELIEVE certain things.

Reality is not tweets and blog posts. Reality is you talking, face to face, with your neighbours. NEVER FORGET THAT.
This was a friend of a friend. He was real, as were the people posting replies. Some I know personally, others I know through friends.

I know there are a ton of Twitter "bots" out there which can actually have a conversation on Twitter. Sometimes the bot will begin with canned responses, then a human responds when the bot is out of responses. The large majority of the hundreds and thousands of tweets which appear seconds after Trump tweets something are done by bots which are programmed to watch Trump's Twitter account and respond as soon as he posts something.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

1) There is no alt-left. It doesn't exist and the people who are trying to "coin" that term are NOT people on the left. On the contrary, it was people on the right who first identified themselves as the alt-right.

2) Compairing AtiFa to the KKK is manur-y because AntiFa is decisively not racist-- in stance and in make up of their members and supporters.

3) Comparing BLM to the KKK is manur-y because BLM does not have a racist platform. In stance, BLM is not racist or supremacist. In the make-up of their members and supporters, BLM is very diverse, and therefore CLEARLY NOT RACIST.

4) There are possibly racist members of AntiFa, and surely a few racist members of BLM-- but the platforms of these organizations are not racist. These organizations are not wrong or racist at their core.

5) This is why trump is to be roundly criticized and why SENSIBLE AMERICAN CITIZENS are criticizing trump-- because we KNOW the difference between AntiFa, BLM, and the KKK!

6) The PAW existed long before the organizations that formed the UPC. The first split happened over the Godhead and baptism and the white Pentecostal preachers who left the PAW joined the Church of God in Christ and then left that organization, to form the white A/G Pentecostal organization. The PAW was still an interracial fellowship until most (but not all) of the white people left the PAW to form the Pentecostal Church Incorporated (PCI). I type to remind of us our troubled, racist past. There were splits, with white people leaving black organizations for racial reasons.

7) I brought up, on this very website, that in the comment sections of so many articles in the past and in the present are FILLED with tasteless and racist comments, usually posted anonymously. I stated back then that anonymous does not mean that these people do not exist. They do exist and trump is their spokesman-- he has been since Ben Carson opened the door to the expression of their hatred during the presidential primaries.

8) Most people do not accept trump's second statement condemning hatred BECAUSE this is not the first time he had to be publically prodded to condemn KKK and Nazi's or white supremacy in general. Then, after he condemned the two groups, members of the two groups came forward saying that trump just had to say those things and that he doesn't really believe what he said. It seems to be that, just like me, most sensible Americans agree with the KKK and Nazi's on that summation of trump's second statement.

9) Do you want to know how sincere trump's second statement was? Look at what he is saying now to justify his first statement.

10) trump tried to defend the point of view of some "good people" and the obvious, large, racist white element at Charlottesville by comparing Robert Lee-- a TREASONOUS WAR GENERAL to the founding fathers of the nation that he Lee himself betrayed! Remember, both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson's slaves were freed upon their deaths (or relatively soon afterward). If Lee and his forces in Pennsylvania and in other places sought after and captured free black men and forced them into slavery. When black soldiers surrendered, Lee supervised their slaughter. If Lee had his way, slavery would have continued until some form of Divine Intervention! I guess he lived long enough to see God display His Intervention and Judgment on our country.

trump is tripe

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 08-16-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
1) There is no alt-left. It doesn't exist and the people who are trying to "coin" that term are NOT people on the left. On the contrary, it was people on the right who first identified themselves as the alt-right.

2) Compairing AtiFa to the KKK is manur-y because AntiFa is decisively not racist-- in stance and in make up of their members and supporters.

3) Comparing BLM to the KKK is manur-y because BLM does not have a racist platform. In stance and in the make-up of their members and supporters, BLM is very diverse.
Here's where people have flat out lost their minds and need a lesson in comprehension. Trump did not equate them. He did not attribute moral equivalence to the KKK/neo-Nazis/white supremacists vs antifa/blm/communist workers party.

In fact, he stated quite clearly "I don't put them on the same moral plane."

What Trump did do is state a fact: there were two sides protesting Saturday, which led to violence. There were neo-Nazi/KKK/white supremacists and there were antifa/blm/communist workers party. That is a FACT. Period. There is no debating this fact.

What the media, and members of Congress, have done is falsely and dishonestly claimed that Trump equated the groups. He did not. He simply stated the fact that there were two sides to the protests. The media and Democrats refuse to acknowledge the violence from the radical left - antifa/blm/communist workers party. And yet these hypocrites are screaming because Trump didn't play along and blame only one side while ignoring the radical left.

Quote:
4) There are possibly racist members of AntiFa, and surely a few racist members of BLM-- but the platforms of these organizations are not racist. These organizations are not wrong or racist at their core.
Hold. the. phone. Antifa isn't wrong at its core? The communist workers party isn't wrong at its core? BLM isn't a lie and wrong at its core? Antifa used bike locks, chains and improvised flamethrowers Saturday. What are you talking about they're not wrong at their core? Have you read Antifa? One antifa website includes a manual on guerilla warfare, kidnapping, sabotage and executions.

But you say antifa isn't wrong at its core? smh

Quote:
5) This is why trump is to be roundly criticized and why SENSIBLE AMERICAN CITIZENS are criticizing trump-- because we KNOW the difference between AntiFa, BLM, and the KKK!
Yes, one group is a disgusting group who believes their race is superior to all others. The other two groups advocate violence against police and anyone who dares to oppose them.

Quote:
6) The PAW existed long before the organizations that formed the UPC. The first split happened over the Godhead and baptism and the white Pentecostal preachers who left the PAW joined the Church of God in Christ and then left that organization, to form the white A/G Pentecostal organization. The PAW was still an interracial fellowship until most (but not all) of the white people left the PAW to form the Pentecostal Church Incorporated (PCI). I type to remind of us our troubled, racist past. There were splits, with white people leaving black organizations for racial reasons.
To be clear, I don't know the history of the PAW. I posted what I read from black ministers on FB, who stated they understood the reason for the two orgs is because whites won't condemn racism. I wish I hadn't used the ignore feature on the person who started the post, because I can't find it now, else I would post what was written and the comments which followed.

Quote:
7) I brought up, on this very website, that in the comment sections of so many articles in the past and in the present are FILLED with tasteless and racist comments, usually posted anonymously. I stated back then that anonymous does not mean that these people do not exist. They do exist and trump is their spokesman-- he has been since Ben Carson opened the door to the expression of their hatred during the presidential primaries.
I wish these had been anonymous. Unfortunately, I know some of these people, either personally or through friends.

Quote:
8) Most people do not accept trump's second statement condemning hatred BECAUSE this is not the first time he had to be publically prodded to condemn KKK and Nazi's. Then, after he condemned the two groups, members of the two groups came forward saying that trump just had to say those things and that he doesn't really believe what he said. It seems to be that, just like me, most sensible Americans agree with the KKK and Nazi's on that summation of trump's second statement.
I remember the first issue. Do you? David Duke made a comment supporting Trump and the media and liberals jumped all over it, claiming that Trump was supporting supremacists. It was an outright lie, but one that the media and liberals pushed.

It's incredible that people are so gullible to believe that Trump is racist. Look at who he's surrounded himself with as a businessman. Omarosa would not be where she is now if Trump was racist. Period. There are others who have worked with Trump who would not have done so were he racist. So this notion that Trump is racist is a media and liberal lie.

Quote:
9) Do you want to know how sincere trump's second statement was? Look at what he is saying now to justify his first statement.
His first statement: "“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides."

He then tweeted: "We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one!"

This was followed by another tweet: "We must remember this truth: No matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are ALL AMERICANS FIRST."

But that wasn't good enough for liberals. For the media and liberals, there wasn't any other side. There were only the alt-right / supremacists. They wish to ignore the radical left who started the violence that day.

Trump then came out for a press statement and condemned white supremacists and alt-right by name.

That STILL wasn't enough. So yesterday, he diverts from his topic of infrastructure to once again denounce supremacists and alt-right; during which he tried to remind the dishonest media that there were two sides which clashed that day.

In case you weren't paying attention, the day started peacefully. The protesters were in the park having speeches and being peaceful. It was not until the Democrat Governor declared a state of emergency and demanded they leave, while simultaneously ordering police to stand down and allowing radical left groups to march unobstructed -- that is when the violence began.

I've told this to friends, but I do believe 100% that this was intentional. Obviously the Governor had no clue someone would ram their car into others in a crowd, but he wanted to stir violence. There is no other reason to order the police to stand down and allow radical leftists to congregate while demanding the alt-right to leave or be arrested. The Governor has blood on his hands. I believe he intended to create a scenario in which the two sides would meet together and violence would ensue.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

tripe's responses were not good enough for the VAST MAJORITY OF AMERICANS. Why is that? Are we all just wrong? Are we all just misinformed about the evils of white supremacy in America? Are we misinformed of the violence and death that has accompanied that way of thinking for literally HUNDREDS of years on the North American continent? Are we misinformed of the economic and political disenfranchisement that this way of thinking has brought to blacks and other minorities in America-- the effects of the 100 plus years of INTENTIONAL political and ECONOMIC disenfranchisement we are still feeling today?

By stating, "I condemn the violence on all sides" he did indeed paint everyone there with the broadest brush possible to ensure that he isn't perceived as specifically criticizing the hatred of the white nationalists that KILLED an innocent American.

That is where I and just about every other rational person has a YUUUGE problem with his initial response.

Because of his first response and because of his history of not plainly calling these hateful idiots out without outside pressure, his 2nd statement just doesn't seem sincere.

Because of his third and ongoing responses to Charlottesville, his 2nd statement really doesn't seem sincere as he goes back to re-stating and defending his first statement-- that attempts to brush all of the people there with the broadest of brushes.

Say you respond with, "he was only painting the hateful, violent people there on both sides with the broadest of brushes..." Only one side resorted to killing-- and even that cowardly act was done as the protest was ending and people were retreating from the protest site.

It would be one thing if KILLING was never the M.O. of white supremacists. It would be another thing if the white supremacist organizations disavowed the violence that led to the death of an innocent American. However, neither one of these things happened. In fact, they laughed and mocked her and celebrated her death!

But our totus wants to be careful to not offend these racist, fatherless children!

It would be too simple to say the "totus" (tripe of the United States of America) is a racist.

He has definitely emboldened racist white people-- to the point that they are KILLING people in the name of their cause... again.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 08-16-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:47 PM

Calling the President Tripe, would you be all right if people called Obama names on here while he was President, or is hypocrisy the terms of the day? I believe many have had their own personal racism exposed in this hour.
The KKK is a filthy organization. Antifa is a domestic terrorist organization. not on the level of KKK, but the same as Black Panther Movement and others who try to attack in violence to incite fear.
Liberalism is all right with violence on their side, so long as the other side does not use the same violence.
Charlottesville was acts of domestic terrorism, and the liberals are ignoring their own terrorists who came armed to attack and incite fear on the other side. Both sides came to fight. President TRUMP (not tripe as was so arrogantly spoken by someone who is disrespectful and showing a very ungodly spirit) was right in what he said. but, common sense is not part of liberal ideology.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:49 PM

BTW, President Trump's reaction was very balanced. Unlike Obama who sided against cops, common sense, churches, and the vast of those who hold to a Christian worldview.