Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

Re: Taking You Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialedbyfire View Post
"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment." Hebrews 6:1-2

Idk, maybe I'm the only one understanding this in this way, but hear me out.

I LOVE the Apostolic doctrine, however, I've been praying lately for more on a personal level. One day I know my calling is to pastor a church and I don't want to just be able to teach the Apostolic doctrine inside and out like some do. I want to know more about Angels, Demons, creation, some of God's stranger creations, Biblical history, the way man's brain works, etc. I want more then just oneness, I want to know the Bible inside and out. Just a desire.
You will make a healthy, well-rounded out pastor because you desire more than the average knowledge of Apostolic doctrine.

Apostolics should count themselves blessed to learn so much Bible at an early age. I was in my 20s before I even knew about the coming translation of believers. (For some reason I do not care for the word "rapture") I was in my forties before I heard that even the Apostolics did not agree about when the translation is to occur...and some say it will not occur at all.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:10 PM
crakjak

Jesus the Savior of the whole world!!!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
Jesus the Savior of the whole world!!!
Yep the guy who just murdered all those innocent kids will be saved according to you and Carlton.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialedbyfire View Post
"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment." Hebrews 6:1-2

Idk, maybe I'm the only one understanding this in this way, but hear me out.

I LOVE the Apostolic doctrine, however, I've been praying lately for more on a personal level. One day I know my calling is to pastor a church and I don't want to just be able to teach the Apostolic doctrine inside and out like some do. I want to know more about Angels, Demons, creation, some of God's stranger creations, Biblical history, the way man's brain works, etc. I want more then just oneness, I want to know the Bible inside and out. Just a desire.
This is good. Yes there needs to be a Apostolic/New Testament foundation BUT there is a treasure house of truth waiting to be learned and taught. Give Christians solid food so they wont be drawn away seeking fulfillment in the world.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
It would be nice even to find a pre wrath teaching Church. That is closer than pre trib. All you hear of among Oneness is pre trib with a splattering of preterism.
you also hear mid-trib in some places
Old 12-17-2012, 10:15 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Yep the guy who just murdered all those innocent kids will be saved according to you and Carlton.
The kid that shot those kids was just a messed up, brain damaged kid that didn't get the treatment that he needed, so his brain exploded. What he did was evil, but he still is a life that came from God and he is redeemable!!

This life is not all that there is, God is not done, not one of us is yet complete, except by faith. We are not yet what we will be, and either is that young mentally ill man. It will require the hand of the Master to finish His work in each of us. Is a man that dies of cancer lost? Why is a mentally ill individual???

If this is not true, there is not hope, because we all are flawed and imperfect in this life.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

How in the world is he redeemable? He's dead!!!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:49 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
How in the world is he redeemable? He's dead!!!
No, he is not, he is tranferred.

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
No, he is not, he is tranferred.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfel View Post

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org