Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Re: Even Jesus couldn't heal everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Thank you kindly for totally wasting your time with trying to prove something to me that I already know... you absolutely missed the entire point of the thread.. it was never to elevate Branham to the status of Jesus.. it was to make the point that even people whom Jesus encountered if they had no faith even HE COULDNT HEAL THEM....... trying to show that just because people were unhealed in branhams meetings while so many others were... was not a slam on bro. Branham... if they had no faith of if it wasn't Gods timing for their healing.. they would leave unhealed... that was the point.. so sorry you missed it
Dr. Vaughn honestly the fault lies with you to defend Branham it seemed you throwed out 'well Jesus didn't so and so' which hit a nerve. Jesus is Jesus and ALL the rest are just men.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Dr. Vaughn honestly the fault lies with you to defend Branham it seemed you throwed out 'well Jesus didn't so and so' which hit a nerve. Jesus is Jesus and ALL the rest are just men.
Correction noted
Old 06-01-2008, 04:35 PM
aka Pastor Robbie

Quote:
Thank you kindly for totally wasting your time with trying to prove something to me that I already know... you absolutely missed the entire point of the thread.. it was never to elevate Branham to the status of Jesus.. it was to make the point that even people whom Jesus encountered if they had no faith even HE COULDNT HEAL THEM....... trying to show that just because people were unhealed in branhams meetings while so many others were... was not a slam on bro. Branham... if they had no faith of if it wasn't Gods timing for their healing.. they would leave unhealed... that was the point.. so sorry you missed it
Dr. Vaughn,
I appreciate your thanks for me wasting my time, but there you go making more mistakes. Sir, perhaps you feel it's a waste of time, but I don't find it a waste of time to take a stand for the name of Jesus. I'm sorry that you would find that a waste of time. Had I been standing for the name and character of William Branham, I'm sure you would have applauded me.

Regardless of what you want to say the "point" of the thread was, you're the one who said that Jesus COULDN'T heal some and it's obvious that the real point wasn't about faith, but it was about bringing Jesus down to simply the level of imperfect men, in order to justify William Branham's failures in his ministry. And again, I'm not here trying to bash William Branham by any means, even though I do not agree with his doctrine, but by the same token, I will not sit idly by and watch as you try to bring my Lord down in the eyes of others.

Again, you should confess that you're dead wrong on this issue and you and anyone who truly understands the deity of Christ should know that you're wrong on this.

God Bless You My Friend...
Old 06-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
And I maintain that position.... if the FATHERS WILL was not for them to be healed JESUS WAS POWERLESS to override the Fathers will... and heal anyone...... thus the reason he didn't even TRY to heal Lazarus.. HE COULDNT
Do you have scripture that says it wasn't the Father's will? Do you think that Jesus and the Father are two separate individuals? Do you believe that the will of the Father was different than that of Jesus?

You are making a case out of semantics. It's as silly as trying to suggest that the reason I can't drive to WalMart in two hours is because I'll be sleeping...therefore, I CANNOT drive.....well, duh!

Jesus wasn't powerless in that He wasn't able. Stick to the original argument you started.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Vaughn, it's laughable that someone without faith would ask Jesus for healing in the first place, don't ya think? I'm sure there were people who were sick in Jesus' day who weren't healed, but not because Jesus prayed over them and it didn't happen. If they didn't have faith, it had nothing to do with the power of Jesus Christ. He still has all power regardless of the faith of the people.

People without faith don't seek healing. That would be totally silly.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Very balanced.. and very much what I have been trying to say from the beginning
That is NOT what you were asserting in bringing up the issue with Lazarus. Not at all.

You said Jesus couldn't heal him, yet provide no scripture to support that. You claim it wasn't the will of the Father that Lazarus not be healed....again with no scriptural support.

Look at the very thread title! Everyone Jesus prayed over, touched, etc...was HEALED! EVERYONE! NO EXCEPTIONS!

In your first post, you said:

Quote:
The crowd pressed all around him,, sick people had heard he was a healer... people everywhere touching him but only ONE was healed..... he said WHO TOUCHED ME

~~~~ His best friend Lazarus could not be healed by Jesus.
1. The Bible doesn't say that sick people were touching Him but only one was healed. Only one is mentioned to have touched Him seeking healing, and she was healed.

2. Lazarus COULD HAVE been healed by Jesus, but Jesus had other plans. It had nothing to do with the faith of Lazarus or the powerlessness of Jesus.

So, you are not being entirely truthful when you claim that you have been all about the faith of others in regard to their healing. Lazarus' faith had nothing to do with the miracle performed on him, yet you bring it up to 'prove' that Jesus couldn't heal him. That's untrue.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Do you have scripture that says it wasn't the Father's will? Do you think that Jesus and the Father are two separate individuals? Do you believe that the will of the Father was different than that of Jesus?
You are making a case out of semantics. It's as silly as trying to suggest that the reason I can't drive to WalMart in two hours is because I'll be sleeping...therefore, I CANNOT drive.....well, duh!

Jesus wasn't powerless in that He wasn't able. Stick to the original argument you started.

John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus claimed to be powerless. He did all his miracles as a man submitted to God.

Luke 22:42
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

John 6:38
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

I think the Scripture is clear that there were two wills involved.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus claimed to be powerless. He did all his miracles as a man submitted to God.

Luke 22:42
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

John 6:38
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

I think the Scripture is clear that there were two wills involved.
Jesus didn't claim to be powerless. His humanity was powerless, but He was God also. It's difficult for us to understand how He could be powerless and all powerful at the same time.

Jesus healed people. Jesus is God. Only God can heal, therefore, Jesus wasn't instituting His own will when people came asking for healing. He is the healer!

Jesus, in the verses above, is speaking as a man...a human. As God, He commanded sickness to leave and the dead to rise. He didn't do those things by the will of the Father, He did those things because He is God!

That's what I was referring to.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Dr. Vaughn

They looked at him and said "Good Master" in return he says unto them "Why call me Good, there is none good but God"

Jesus standing before them says "no man has seen God"
Old 06-02-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
They looked at him and said "Good Master" in return he says unto them "Why call me Good, there is none good but God"

Jesus standing before them says "no man has seen God"
And your point is?