Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

Re: Tragedy of War RECOVERED! LISTEN!

And here's the correct link. The one above doesn't work. There are well over 700 listens on Soundcloud before the YouTube link went up.

http://youtu.be/NbE1dhHrZCo
Old Paths II is....not sharing an IP address with any other user. You can put the question about him being another poster to rest. He's just OPII. All by himself. He's not a fake, he's an original. ~The Mrs
Old 09-17-2013, 09:58 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPathsII View Post
I'll stand by my earlier statement that Loren Yadon's life and ministry was destroyed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the immediate devastation that took place, the loss of everything that was close or dear. Did he rebuild, put things back together? Of course he did, he's a real man of God.

But to be dismissive of "His life and ministry was destroyed" is to be ignorant of that facts.

To read some of the posts about "get over it".......you guys have no clue. None. Zilch. You're stuck in a time warp, a parallel universe, that has no idea what the real world is like. You have no idea what it's like to be hugged and praised and unknowingly be knifed in the back at the same time, to have everything that's ever meant ANYTHING to you, stolen from you in one day and be left standing with NOTHING.

And then you get on here and rip guys like Dan Alicea because he's "Bitter". The truth is, he's trumpeting the truth and you don't like the key he's playing in. PO resorts to making fun of Baron's profile picture because PO has no real content to respond with.

You want to pretend that religious systems and denominations.....and the UPC is just one of them.....haven't destroyed people, haven't driven them to take their own lives, haven't run people through character shredders just to further their own systematic agendas, you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend.

Keep pretending. Your system is falling apart and will continue to until there's almost nothing left. At some point you'll need a new bandwagon on which to jump.
LOL. your funny. about as accurate as a North Korean missle but funny for it.

Im the guy that your talking about. How about you just say it?

exactly how is it that I am stuck in a time warp when you are the one living in the past?

As for me not knowing what it is like to be stabbed in the back? I would draw your attention to the following. This is my life. what i LIVED.

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ead.php?t=1491

yea, I know a thing or two about having your life turned upside down by preachers. ive lived it. so... you are wrong on all counts.

YOU are the one living in the past. Bitterness is a nasty taskmaster and those bent on destruction will NEVER EVER BUILD ANYTHING.

Old Path II, if you have a problem with me, call me out. say what you want. im good with that. and I stand by every word Ive written here. EVERY WORD.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPathsII View Post
And then you get on here and rip guys like Dan Alicea because he's "Bitter". The truth is, he's trumpeting the truth and you don't like the key he's playing in. PO resorts to making fun of Baron's profile picture because PO has no real content to respond with.
My remark about his hair was something we joked about some time past.

My real content is this:

I have been stabbed in the back, lied to, had my children treated badly, given money that was used for something else other then what was intended, position given to someone else without telling me and my husband about it first, and other things I refuse to speak of here.

I KNOW what it is like to feel real anger - anger that makes you afraid you can't lay it down. I know what it feels like to wonder if you are capable of forgiveness. So don't tell me I don't have any real content. I don't have to splash my wounds around on the internet for others to massage me over it. I just need God to speak to me, to heal me and allow me to get up and move on.

At the end of the day, I am wise enough to know that I will stand naked before Him on that great day and will have to answer for myself - ALONE. I won't have the luxury of saying, "But, but, but..."

I have His Word and His Spirit - I am without excuse.

What is yours?
Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL. your funny. about as accurate as a North Korean missle but funny for it.

Im the guy that your talking about. How about you just say it?

exactly how is it that I am stuck in a time warp when you are the one living in the past?

As for me not knowing what it is like to be stabbed in the back? I would draw your attention to the following. This is my life. what i LIVED.

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ead.php?t=1491

yea, I know a thing or two about having your life turned upside down by preachers. ive lived it. so... you are wrong on all counts.

YOU are the one living in the past. Bitterness is a nasty taskmaster and those bent on destruction will NEVER EVER BUILD ANYTHING.

Old Path II, if you have a problem with me, call me out. say what you want. im good with that. and I stand by every word Ive written here. EVERY WORD.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:24 AM

least it get lost here. I love, honor and respect Brother LY.

I just hate that he is being misused by those who seek to destroy. it is sad.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 09-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Oh, they were. If there was a meeting on the churches article of faith statement, half would NOT have objected to adding "and remove your television" to Acts 2:38.

The hard part for me was that I personally watched very little television even before I was forced to give it up, but I was completely addicted to Doctor Who at the time (the Tom Baker era!) which was a whole stinkin 90 minutes, once a week. It was my one release from endless church services and Junior High school.
TV is an abomination.

However, I suspect there is a definite exception for the 4th Doctor, Faulty Towers, and maybe (just maybe) the old Tom and Jerry (Ren and Stimpy would be included under that last one on general principles).

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:

How is it being used to destroy?

Calling attention to a sermon is trying to destroy?
Old 09-17-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
How is it being used to destroy?

Calling attention to a sermon is trying to destroy?
seriously? seriously you are asking that question?

You know full well why that was brought up. THis is all about keeping the bash the UPCI thing alive and well. period.

bring as much embarrisment etc as possible. why the need to revisit past wounds? what is the benifit? peeling scabs, digging up long dead skeletons does no one any good. What gives?
Old 09-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
seriously? seriously you are asking that question?

You know full well why that was brought up. THis is all about keeping the bash the UPCI thing alive and well. period.

bring as much embarrisment etc as possible. why the need to revisit past wounds? what is the benifit? peeling scabs, digging up long dead skeletons does no one any good. What gives?
Well, I do know why it was brought up. Several of us feel this is a message that is a historical marker in the life of an organization. The message and the events surrounding it set the trajectory of my religious life.

Ferd, the attitude that those of us who have generations in this movement ought to walk away and never say another word about t is baffling.