Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Where are all the Acts 2:38 folks (3-steppers)??

I am seeing less and less of the traditional Acts 2:38 believers posting here. Who is left that still believes that it takes obeying Acts 2:38 in its completion to be saved??

Is this the beginning of the end for this forum being an Apostolic forum?? Have we gone charismatic?? Is the fat lady singing??
Old 12-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Saved & Shaved

They are busy removing their idol, err, Christmas tree from their homes.

No, but really. I think they are tired of going in circles with the Bapticostals. One group is not going to persuade the other. It kinda gets old, ya know? No new ideas. No new arguments. Same ol' same ol'.

One side believes they are walking the 'old paths'. The other side says 'wait, but our founders believed that the baptists was saved.' etc etc
Old 12-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Saved & Shaved

BTW,
I believe it takes ACTS 2:38 in completion to be saved. I believe it is the fulfillment of John 3:5. I don't see a better interpretation of John 3:5 than that.

But, I just have questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. No big deal. Life moves on, or it should.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

I'm here.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
I'm here.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
They are busy removing their idol, err, Christmas tree from their homes.

No, but really. I think they are tired of going in circles with the Bapticostals. One group is not going to persuade the other. It kinda gets old, ya know? No new ideas. No new arguments. Same ol' same ol'.

One side believes they are walking the 'old paths'. The other side says 'wait, but our founders believed that the baptists was saved.' etc etc
agree 100%, the arguing gets old after awhile. I think everyone should preach what they believe and let God confirm the message by fire or annointing. I'm a die hard 3 stepper and no amount of grammatical dissection is going to change that. As if Peter were concerned with grammar, I think he was concerned with the manifestation of the HG. jmo
Old 12-26-2007, 12:01 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
BTW,
I believe it takes ACTS 2:38 in completion to be saved. I believe it is the fulfillment of John 3:5. I don't see a better interpretation of John 3:5 than that.

But, I just have questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. No big deal. Life moves on, or it should.

I'm with you on this one

Blessings, Rhonda
Old 12-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
I am seeing less and less of the traditional Acts 2:38 believers posting here. Who is left that still believes that it takes obeying Acts 2:38 in its completion to be saved??

Is this the beginning of the end for this forum being an Apostolic forum?? Have we gone charismatic?? Is the fat lady singing??
They got tired of being called Papists, Mormons, sacramentalists and baptismal regenerationalists and left is my guess

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I don't have the foggiest notion of what you are talking about...

First, "obeying Acts 2:38 in it's completion" does not indicate that one is saved.

I can name some, but I won't, who have done all of the things some of us believe are necessary, and are as far from God as one can get.

Second, how do we know if someone has "gone charismatic?!"

Third, I don't feel like singing, so just what ARE you talking about?!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I'm still here but considering a break in the new year.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear