Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Go Dodgers!

Hello Gowin,

What do you think of thewayofthemaster.com program of leading people to christ using the law?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Honorary Admin

I think these are excellent ideas! I agree and would also ad TV and radio advertising as the Spirit leads.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Hello Gowin,

What do you think of thewayofthemaster.com program of leading people to christ using the law?

Hard to lead people to Christ when you think he is the second person in the trinity. And you dont lead them into water Baptism in the name of Jesus and being filled with the Holy Ghost. (John 3:5).

I really think its just another trick of the enemy to send confusion to more people about what they need to do to be saved.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Hello Gowin,

Prax, this is excellent material as well. One of our ministers taught on it and used their material. It is good stuff. He (the minister) is oneness and it will do the job no matter what a person's viewpoint of the Godhead is. People can always be taught when they surrender to Jesus. Convert them to a doctrine and they still need saved.

Last edited by ManOfWord; 05-31-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Go win souls is getting the job done ,I get his newsletter and he is reaching lost people.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowinsouls View Post
Hard to lead people to Christ when you think he is the second person in the trinity. And you dont lead them into water Baptism in the name of Jesus and being filled with the Holy Ghost. (John 3:5).

I really think its just another trick of the enemy to send confusion to more people about what they need to do to be saved.
I didn't ask if you believed it he second person of the trinity. I asked what you thought about their method of using the 10 commandments to lead people to Christ.

Have you even bothered to check it out? they don't tell people "believe Christ is the second person of the Trinity"...they use the law to bring about the knowledge of sin so that people will WANT to be saved. For get about you denominational bias for a moment and check it out. We can use that to lead people to Acts 2:38

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Prax, this is excellent material as well. One of our ministers taught on it and used their material. It is good stuff. He (the minister) is oneness and it will do the job no matter what a person's viewpoint of the Godhead is. People can always be taught when they surrender to Jesus. Convert them to a doctrine and they still need saved.
Sadly Unregistered and others don't have a clue when it comes to this. They are prejudiced from the start because these guys are Trinitarians. But Trinitarians also speak in tongues and that does not stop us from speaking in tongues.

See the WOTM is not so much about what method to get saved (they strongly believe in repentance) but is about showing people that they MUST be saved. You can tell people you love them till you are blue in the fact...you can say they got a God shaped hole in the heart that only He can fill...you can tell them how much God wants to bless them...but if they don't see why the need that or if they think their lives are just fine now, what good is it? Grace to the humble and law to the proud. I am convinced we reach less sinners because we totally bypass this principle.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

I think GWS is similar to WOTM. Both have a specific pattern of thought.

GWS uses John 3:5 and emphasizes being born of water & Spirit. I've personally witnessed its effectiveness. It forces people to make a decision and to think about what's being told them.

WOTM uses the 10 Commandments and the Roman's Road, also as a tool to bring people to a decision.

I like the tools GWS has given. I don't doubt their effectiveness. Along with reaching the lost comes discipleship. Outreach, prizes and giveaways are great to get people to come to church, but there needs to be follow-up and discipleship to help ground them in the Word.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic_resolve View Post
I think GWS is similar to WOTM. Both have a specific pattern of thought.

GWS uses John 3:5 and emphasizes being born of water & Spirit. I've personally witnessed its effectiveness. It forces people to make a decision and to think about what's being told them.

WOTM uses the 10 Commandments and the Roman's Road, also as a tool to bring people to a decision.

I like the tools GWS has given. I don't doubt their effectiveness. Along with reaching the lost comes discipleship. Outreach, prizes and giveaways are great to get people to come to church, but there needs to be follow-up and discipleship to help ground them in the Word.
WOTM does not not emphasize being born of Water and Spirit. That is a salvation issue though. What WOTM does is get people to see WHY they would need to be born again. Even if these guys believed in Acts 2:38 their method would not change, because it's not about how to be saved or what bible message saves us, but rather getting people to realize they need to be saved and why.Very often we skip that part.

You all should listen to the message about true and false conversion. I think it applies to us just as much to them

Old 05-31-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
WOTM does not not emphasize being born of Water and Spirit. That is a salvation issue though. What WOTM does is get people to see WHY they would need to be born again. Even if these guys believed in Acts 2:38 their method would not change, because it's not about how to be saved or what bible message saves us, but rather getting people to realize they need to be saved and why.Very often we skip that part.

You all should listen to the message about true and false conversion. I think it applies to us just as much to them
Right - they use the 10 Commandments and other points. GWS is the one I said who emphasizes being born of Water & Spirit.

I've watched a video of Ray Comfort on the street interviewing people and listened to a message of his. The method they use is effective and works, no doubt about it.